Do you like the New number rules?

Do you like the rule change surrounding jersey #'s?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the rule change surrounding jersey #'s?

I know many don't care, but I didn't include a don't care option cause I don't care if you don't care.

Mostly I am just curious to see how other people feel about it cause I don't have a clue... I hate it, but it seems like most like it? 

For context: 

Do you like a CB wearing #7?

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I voted no, but it’s pretty inconsequential for me. I really just didn’t see a point to it. To think they actually devoted time to discussing the topic seems like a waste of time. 

Same here. I voted no because the current system seemed fine and is what I'm used to.  Seems like a mole hill of a topic. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I voted no, but it’s pretty inconsequential for me. I really just didn’t see a point to it. To think they actually devoted time to discussing the topic seems like a waste of time. 

Meh, I see it as about as consequential as a uniform redesign. I personally care a lot and dislike the rule, but I get that it has no bearing on the actual game. People that act like it doesn't matter at all (not you, but I've seen it multiple times) would be signing a different tune if the Bills rolled out an ugly new uni. Looks do matter. 

Edited by whatdrought

I voted no, reason being is that it is a change that achieves nothing more than rearranging the deck chairs on the titanic would achieve, its change for the sake of change..., 

that and the damn refs will Fu h k up even more calls by being confused about who plays what position...

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I think it makes QBs lives more difficult and makes the league, players and teams more money in jersey sales. Other than that, I could care less. 

I mean, the opposition is still wearing a different jersey no matter the number. It shouldn't affect the QB imo. Agreed on the jersey sales. 

3 minutes ago, H2o said:

I mean, the opposition is still wearing a different jersey no matter the number. It shouldn't affect the QB imo. Agreed on the jersey sales. 

Have you ever played QB and tried to determine the Mike?  The fact that LBs and DBs can wear the same numbers now can make a QBs presnap reads a bit more difficult.  It’s not rocket science by any means, but it’ll add a different wrinkle for the QBs in their preparation

• Eyeroll 1

20 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

giphy.gif

That are not QBs... Forgot people sometimes can't understand things on this site unless you make it stupid proof. Like the stars of college that wear single digit as RB or WR.

• Eyeroll 2

20 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Have you ever played QB and tried to determine the Mike?  The fact that LBs and DBs can wear the same numbers now can make a QBs presnap reads a bit more difficult.  It’s not rocket science by any means, but it’ll add a different wrinkle for the QBs in their preparation

Nope, never played QB my friend. I understand what you're saying though. Still I see it as no different than what they faced in college. I don't think it will affect much. 

40 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Meh, I see it as about as consequential as a uniform redesign. I personally care a lot and dislike the rule, but I get that it has no bearing on the actual game. People that act like it doesn't matter at all (not you, but I've seen it multiple times) would be signing a different tune if the Bills rolled out an ugly new uni. Looks do matter. 

I care a LOT that you don’t care if I care! I am horribly offended!

Having said that, I think the laws of physics have proven that if you wear #1 you become taller and run faster. If you wear #99 you take up more space. How can anyone refute that! It’s science!

(Maybe....) 

I don’t really care, but if I had to pick one, I don’t like it. I’m an old fart and don’t like the players running the NBA. I like a lot of traditions, and the NFL is not college or high school football. 

Edited by Augie

5 minutes ago, H2o said:

Nope, never played QB my friend. I understand what you're saying though. Still I see it as no different than what they faced in college. I don't think it will affect much. 

Not much, but if the qb doesn’t put the prep in, they may B word some reads

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, TBBills said:

That are not QBs... Forgot people sometimes can't understand things on this site unless you make it stupid proof. Like the stars of college that wear single digit as RB or WR.

I'm gonna start saying this when I say something stupid and someone calls me on it. ;)

1 minute ago, Brennan Huff said:

I voted no but it’s not that big of a deal. Just a ploy by the league to sell more jerseys 

WAIT! Are you saying that MONEY might be a factor??? I am SHOCKED!!!   😱

• Like (+1) 1