Name a Right Wing Position

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

This does not seem like a conservative view, but rather an elitist one...

But maybe I’m wrong...can you give an example of a conservative who feels this way, so I can better understand where you’re coming from? Thanks...👍

gays

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

This does not seem like a conservative view, but rather an elitist one...

But maybe I’m wrong...can you give an example of a conservative who feels this way, so I can better understand where you’re coming from? Thanks...👍

7 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

the Florida bill simply says you’re allowed to start talking about gender starting in the fourth grade instead of earlier. Do we teach calculus at a first grade level? No because kids don’t understand it. 

The actual bill says primary grade levels which in Florida is K-6.

"may not encourage classroom discussion about sexual orientation or gender identity in primary grade levels or in a manner that is not age-appropriate or developmentally appropriate for students." 

The bill does not specify how "age-appropriate" and "developmentally appropriate" would be defined.

Nothing like making gay kids, who know at a very young age that something is different about them - and make them feel worse about themselves and threatened.

This bill does nothing but encourage bullying.

But that’s the whole point of the GQP.

1 minute ago, BillStime said:

The actual bill says primary grade levels which in Florida is K-6.

"may not encourage classroom discussion about sexual orientation or gender identity in primary grade levels or in a manner that is not age-appropriate or developmentally appropriate for students." 

The bill does not specify how "age-appropriate" and "developmentally appropriate" would be defined.

Nothing like making gay kids, who know at a very young age that something is different about them - and make them feel worse about themselves and threatened.

This bill does nothing but encourage bullying.

But that’s the whole point of the GQP.

What if teaching it so young actually brings out more bullying with the kids that don’t understand it so they bully the gay kids?  You’re using these kids as pawns 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Yeah, I don’t see this as anti-gay...But rather not wanting schools to teach about sex or sexual identity at such a young age, until kids are better able to understand these concepts...👍

Of course you don’t - but that was just one example of the anti gay conservative agenda.

Hell, in 2020 - Trump lost in Supreme Court arguing that employers could fire someone for being gay.

link

In a historic decision, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled Monday that the 1964 Civil Rights Act protects gay, lesbian, and transgender employees from discrimination based on sex. The ruling was 6-3, with Justice Neil Gorsuch, President Trump's first appointee to the court, writing the majority opinion. The opinion was joined by Chief Justice John Roberts and the court's four liberal justices. 

"Today," Gorsuch said, "we must decide whether an employer can fire someone simply for being homosexual or transgender. The answer is clear." He found such discrimination is barred by the language in the 1964 law that bans discrimination in employment based on race, religion, national origin or sex.

The decision is a huge victory for the LGBTQ community and a major loss for the Trump administration, which had sided with employers in three cases before the court.

38 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Of course you don’t - but that was just one example of the anti gay conservative agenda.

Hell, in 2020 - Trump lost in Supreme Court arguing that employers could fire someone for being gay.

link

In a historic decision, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled Monday that the 1964 Civil Rights Act protects gay, lesbian, and transgender employees from discrimination based on sex. The ruling was 6-3, with Justice Neil Gorsuch, President Trump's first appointee to the court, writing the majority opinion. The opinion was joined by Chief Justice John Roberts and the court's four liberal justices. 

"Today," Gorsuch said, "we must decide whether an employer can fire someone simply for being homosexual or transgender. The answer is clear." He found such discrimination is barred by the language in the 1964 law that bans discrimination in employment based on race, religion, national origin or sex.

The decision is a huge victory for the LGBTQ community and a major loss for the Trump administration, which had sided with employers in three cases before the court.

I disagree with Trump on that issue, and agree with the court’s ruling that you posted...But I still don’t see how pushing back particular sex education, until the kids are older, is anti gay...can you help explain?

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

What if teaching it so young actually brings out more bullying with the kids that don’t understand it so they bully the gay kids?  You’re using these kids as pawns 

Im not advocating it be taught - but the fact that this bill can allow parents to sue schools for even mentioning the topic - even if a student asks an innocent question - is ridiculous.

And no - I am not using these kids as PAWNS - that would be you, your death cult and your friends at the NRA.

3 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I disagree with Trump on that issue, and agree with the court’s ruling that you posted...But I still don’t see how pushing back on particular sex education, until the kids are older, is anti gay...can you help explain?

Read my previous comment above.

But what’s next? Forcing conversion therapy? 

You don’t think kids are already exposed to sensitive topics by watching tv? Play grounds? Asking innocent questions about their gay/lesbian sibling or relative?  

You think a teacher addressing an innocent child’s question about sexuality - and the teacher saying - I’m sorry we cannot discuss that topic - won’t send the message that there is something wrong with being gay?

You do realize most do not CHOOSE to be gay, right?

10 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Im not advocating it be taught - but the fact that this bill can allow parents to sue schools for even mentioning the topic - even if a student asks an innocent question - is ridiculous.

And no - I am not using these kids as PAWNS - that would be you, your death cult and your friends at the NRA.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/florida-politics/2022/02/08/floridas-dont-say-gay-bills-explained/

primary school ends after third grade. Wrong once again 

1 minute ago, BillStime said:

Read my previous comment above.

But what’s next? Forcing conversion therapy? 

You don’t think kids are already exposed to sensitive topics by watching tv? Play grounds? Asking innocent questions about their gay/lesbian sibling or relative?  

You think a teacher addressing an innocent child’s question about sexuality - and the teacher saying - I’m sorry we cannot discuss that topic - won’t send the message that there is something wrong with being gay?

You do realize most do not CHOOSE to be gay, right?

It does not stop the kids from asking the questions it allows for them outside of the classroom in private. 

11 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

https://www.tampabay.com/news/florida-politics/2022/02/08/floridas-dont-say-gay-bills-explained/

primary school ends after third grade. Wrong once again 

It does not stop the kids from asking the questions it allows for them outside of the classroom in private. 

I read primary differently per the Florida Dept of Ed:

https://www.fldoe.org/teaching/certification/certificate-subjects/

The bill is garbage and does nothing but force kids to think twice about coming out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A right wing position would be using logic is a good thing. I just received a magazine from the teachers union with an article that referred to people of color as white supremacists, stated that being uneducated in Eugene Oregon(an overeducated college town)  was not related to the writers inability to get a job, that it was only racism. Lastly he says he still has rage over what happened over a hundred years ago, but expects me to listen to him as if he is rationale when  he has emotional responses to historical events.