Georgia election laws and MLB

3 hours ago, Doc said:

It's easier to shout out "racism" or "Jim Crow," using it as a cover to get ineligibles to vote.

Absolutely zero evidence of that every happening. Yet another false narrative, made-up boogeyman that isnt based in reality.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Answering a question with a different question or questions is unbecoming.  We could get a lot further if you could simply articulate a response to the question on the floor.  Simple for some, but not simple for Chef Jim Crow. 

Ding ding we have a winner.  This is the point that Chef Jim Crow refuses to acknowledge.  Things, save for attempted/actual Trumpian interference in the count of the ballots cast in the general, went smoothly.  The point to be drawn therefrom is that, while there were problems in the primary, the relative smoothness of the general showed that the rules that were in place worked and that there was nothing that required fixing.  

So what is the impetus for this nonsense bill?  Chef Jim Crow and his acolytes are fumbling around on the issue because they don’t have a reasonable answer for the question, other than that the bill is intended to stifle minority vote and put a thumb on the scales for the suburban and rural vote (that is, the Republican vote) in Georgia.  

The lines for the General were hours long.  It took Georgia a month to certify the election.  Is this acceptable in your world?  Not in mine.  Sooooo the Bill was created to reduce wait times, ensure a fair election and give Georgian's more time to vote among other things.  Ok so I've answered your questions for the second or third time.  I don't care if you like them, agree with them or not.  I've played your dumb trollish game now on to the question I've asked many time here of you and others and have not gotten an answer.  I've done my job now on to yours.  Ready?

In what ways is this Bill similar to Jim Crow?  

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

The lines for the General were hours long.  It took Georgia a month to certify the election.  Is this acceptable in your world?  Not in mine.  Sooooo the Bill was created to reduce wait times, ensure a fair election and give Georgian's more time to vote among other things.  Ok so I've answered your questions for the second or third time.  I don't care if you like them, agree with them or not.  I've played your dumb trollish game now on to the question I've asked many time here of you and others and have not gotten an answer.  I've done my job now on to yours.  Ready?

The state legislature, which is Republican, can decide on a whim that a given county election is questionable and take control over the ballots, thus being able to disenfranchise any voters they want.  They could throw out votes from the black community if they want to throw the election.  This is the most egregious example.

Do that answer your question?  

Just now, oldmanfan said:

The state legislature, which is Republican, can decide on a whim that a given county election is questionable and take control over the ballots, thus being able to disenfranchise any voters they want.  They could throw out votes from the black community if they want to throw the election.  This is the most egregious example.

Do that answer your question?  

Nope.  Couldn't they throw out votes from any community if they so chose?     

Next............

1 hour ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

In new york they tossed 10% of the votes in one of the primaries. That is either evidence of fraud or incompetence because you can't toss ballots unless you think they are fraud. I swear you Biden people will believe those ballots were tossed just to help the republican.

35 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Your first point is valid, I did not realize how lax there law is about what ID means and I ask the question of how often they go through the rolls because it would seem that I could just move to another part of the state and get a second ballot, maybe someone with more details could comment. As for the second part of "substantial" in NY they threw out 8k votes during the primary that had only 80k total votes. This should be unacceptable in any situation but it indicates either vague laws, that people do not know what to do, or corruption at that scale. Good clear laws make it easier for all sides to deal with.

It is disingenuous to quote this and provide no link or information as to WHY those votes were tossed.

The issue was with the mail-in ballot process, and the cloudy rules that voters needed to follow.

The majority of those tossed ballots were not due to some nefarious fraud attempt. Like ineligible people trying to vote, or someone trying to vote twice, etc.

Almost ALL of them were tossed due to user error and signature mismatch. The Signature Mismatch is a huge point of debate as well. Here in GA, they threw out ballots if the use of a hyphen did not sync. For example, someone used a hyphen when signing for their drivers license, but didn't use the hyphen on their ballot. EVEN IF everything else about the signature matched. A method that multiple courts have ruled is unconstitutional. https://www.npr.org/2018/11/03/663937578/judge-rules-against-georgia-election-law-calling-it-a-severe-burden-for-voters

So yeah, no real fraud, just administrative/user errors because voting by mail was new to so many people last year.

3 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Nope.  Couldn't they throw out votes from any community if they so chose?     

Next............

The Republican legislature passed this.  Republicans.  After a non-fraudulent election.  Try again.

Edited by oldmanfan

The Republican legislature passed this.  Republicans.  Try again.

So this is it?  It's Jim Crow like because it was passed by Republicans?  This is what your going with?

I suggest you brush up on what Jim Crow was and then get back to me.  

Do better. 

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

So this is it?  It's Jim Crow like because it was passed by Republicans?  This is what your going with?

I suggest you brush up on what Jim Crow was and then get back to me.  

Do better. 

I know exactly what Jim Crowe was and a Republican legislature putting themselves in position to disenfranchise black voters is pretty much textbook for Jim Crowe. 

I know exactly what Jim Crowe was and a Republican legislature putting themselves in position to disenfranchise black voters is pretty much textbook for Jim Crowe. 

Please point out which specific parts of this Bill specifically disenfranchises BLACK people to make this textbook Jim Crow. 

3 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Please point out which specific parts of this Bill specifically disenfranchises BLACK people to make this textbook Jim Crow. 

The Republican state legislature has put itself in position to disenfranchise Democratic votes.  Go look where most of the Democratic votes from Georgia came from last election and quit being so absurdly naive.

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

The Republican state legislature has put itself in position to disenfranchise Democratic votes.  Go look where most of the Democratic votes from Georgia came from last election and quit being so absurdly naive.

So are they looking to disenfranchise DEMOCRAT voters or BLACK voters?  

And yeah, I don't think you know what Jim Crow really was or your being intellectually dishonest.   

Let's repeat that........In fact, many of the measures critics are attacking have long been in place in blue states.

So what is this about ?

As I posted 2 days ago, The Dems MUST try and stop ANY voter verification reforms everywhere, so Georgia is the first.

On 4/8/2021 at 11:27 AM, B-Man said:

It is not about Georgia

The explosion of vitriol against Georgia for the audacity to try and protect future elections has been remarkable. Businesses, including Delta and Coke, have made very public statements about the issue. Major League Baseball will be moving its All-Star Game from Atlanta to Denver. Celebrities in sport and entertainment have weighed in against Georgia.

To hear them tell it, Georgia has become the revival of the old Confederacy and a new Sherman’s March is needed to burn Georgia once again. All of this is based on an election law that expands voter access and does it legally, as the Constitution directs. For now, the politicians in Georgia are resisting this onslaught.

In reality, it is not about Georgia. It is something much more diabolical. This is a warning to other states that may attempt to do what Georgia has done. In the last election, a few states were the focus of the irregularities that appeared to throw the election to the Democrats. Activists with political authority in these states used the pandemic to bypass their legislatures to impose quick, partisan changes to voting processes to diminish secure processes. Now, the legislatures in these states are considering changes to law much as Georgia has done.

In Wisconsin:

This legislative cycle, Republicans around the country have proposed hundreds of bills that would restrict access to voting, taking aim at issues like absentee voting, voter registration and disability access. Wisconsin Republicans are part of that trend, releasing their plans as well.

In Pennsylvania:

GOP leaders in Harrisburg say they want to examine what happened and work with Democrats to improve state law. The House State Government Committee has already begun a months-long review.

In Michigan:

Michigan Senate Republicans unveiled 39 wide-ranging bills Wednesday to alter state election laws, targeting areas like absentee ballots and voter qualifications that were the focus of former President Donald Trump's campaign to overturn his 2020 defeat.

In Arizona:

The Republican-led Arizona state Senate announced Wednesday four auditing firms have been hired to recount the 2.1 million ballots cast in the Maricopa County general election last year.

This is a national trend that is much too large to fight nationally. Democrats can target Georgia and even afford to lose there. However, if their efforts frighten off the other states, they come out ahead. This battle, taken on a national scale with corporations in multiple states, would not work. They must make it appear local while getting a national effect.

That is what the blowup in Georgia is really about. Much like the crime boss making a visit to a business and proclaiming, “Nice little place you got here. You don’t want what is happening in Georgia to happen to you, do you?” Pay attention, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Arizona, among others. If they win in Georgia, you can count on them targeting you, if you don't play along.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/04/it_is_not_about_georgia_.html

41 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

That was a primary.  Do you know what a primary is?   There was no evidence of fraud whatsoever in the general election.  Quit being so damn gullible and believing anything a proven liar tells you.

I don’t excuse the primary by the way.  But it has nothing to do with the general election in which .  Which is great for Independents like me to hear.  

If not fraud then why did they throw out so many votes? As for it being a primary, it is in an area where the primary decides the congress person. Those votes very likely could have changed a member of congress. As for believing anything Trump says, I don't believe this election would have been changed because of cheating but this election had many issues, and to believe this was the first election in US history without cheating makes one of us naive. It does seem as if your definition of fraud is different than mine, it would appear unless I can prove intent you do not believe in fraud. 

It’s not a secret what the GOP has been doing. I was in conference calls with other consultants discussing these suppression tactics way back in 2003!

At the end of the day, they’ll just have to pass a voting rights act federally and make it all go away. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

They closed over 200 voting sites - you’re dreaming that the bill REALLY addresses this. 

This is disingenuous and you know it.

24 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

It is disingenuous to quote this and provide no link or information as to WHY those votes were tossed.

The issue was with the mail-in ballot process, and the cloudy rules that voters needed to follow.

The majority of those tossed ballots were not due to some nefarious fraud attempt. Like ineligible people trying to vote, or someone trying to vote twice, etc.

Almost ALL of them were tossed due to user error and signature mismatch. The Signature Mismatch is a huge point of debate as well. Here in GA, they threw out ballots if the use of a hyphen did not sync. For example, someone used a hyphen when signing for their drivers license, but didn't use the hyphen on their ballot. EVEN IF everything else about the signature matched. A method that multiple courts have ruled is unconstitutional. https://www.npr.org/2018/11/03/663937578/judge-rules-against-georgia-election-law-calling-it-a-severe-burden-for-voters

So yeah, no real fraud, just administrative/user errors because voting by mail was new to so many people last year.

Signature mismatch is not a sign of fraud? What is the point of the match if not to find fraud? You believe 10% of the population can't sign their own name in NY? Seriously what is the point of signature match except to catch fraud?

3 minutes ago, BillStime said:

They closed over 200 voting sites - you’re dreaming that the bill REALLY addresses this. 

This is disingenuous and you know it.

It did address this and you know it!  The only way you'd be satisfied would be if they reopened all the over 200 sites they closed and I understand that.  But for YOU to say they did NOT address this?  THAT's being dishonest.  Now if you want to come back and say "it didn't properly address it" you'd have an argument but until then you do not.  

BTW.  You were the first here (I believe) to call this Bill racists.  Others have jumped on the Racist bandwagon with @SectionC3 going so far to invent a cute nickname for me. You, nor they, have not been able to articulate what makes it racist.  Are you able to?  Because logic would lead one to the conclusion that you, and the others, have not properly answered it means you were just blowing smoke. @oldmanfan at least tried.  He failed miserably but at least he tried.  So your and @SectionC3 continued silence on that question of VERY telling.  

10 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Signature mismatch is not a sign of fraud? What is the point of the match if not to find fraud? You believe 10% of the population can't sign their own name in NY? Seriously what is the point of signature match except to catch fraud?

I can't imagine trying to verify signatures.  Jesus my signature varies all the time.  Why GA required proper ID numbers on mail in ballots.   That just makes logical sense to me.  

9 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

BTW.  You were the first here (I believe) to call this Bill racists.

Here is my history - you tell me:

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/search/?&q=Racist&page=1&author=BillStime&search_and_or=and

Hilarious to see you obsess about the racist component of this bill - just as the GQP had planned - and not the overt power grab and dismiss the checks n balance in our democratic systems.  

34 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

If not fraud then why did they throw out so many votes? As for it being a primary, it is in an area where the primary decides the congress person. Those votes very likely could have changed a member of congress. As for believing anything Trump says, I don't believe this election would have been changed because of cheating but this election had many issues, and to believe this was the first election in US history without cheating makes one of us naive. It does seem as if your definition of fraud is different than mine, it would appear unless I can prove intent you do not believe in fraud. 

No, the courts, the state audits and the DOJ showed there was no fraud.  As far as the primary someone answered above that is was confusion over the process and not fraud.  But you refuse to believe anything that doesn’t fit the Trump narrative.  2+2=4, not 5.

44 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

So are they looking to disenfranchise DEMOCRAT voters or BLACK voters?  

And yeah, I don't think you know what Jim Crow really was or your being intellectually dishonest.   

Jim Crow law started after the Civil War to keep blacks from voting, working, etc.  that is happening here again.  Quit being a naive troll for Trump and think.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

The only reason to match signatures is to throw out votes. That’s not a new tactic only used in Georgia. It’s been deployed for years along with purging people from voter rolls if they don’t respond quickly enough to something they mail to you.

The list goes on and on....

Edited by The Governor
  • Like (+1) 1