I think Chris Carson is the guy to get at RB, Hunter Henry at TE

The Bills should pick up a cost-effective vet TE and an DL in UFA.

Let the draft take care of the rest of the needs.

I  like JaCrispy's idea of someone like Hill in the 3rd round maybe.

As of right now, until it changes in like a few minutes 😂........

The draft could play out like this.......

1st..... OL

2nd......CB

3rd.....RB.

Of course, that will change.😂

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

Don't get me wrong, Aaron Jones is the man and I would love him in a Bills uniform but I think he is gonna be commanding too high of a salary.

Chris Carson is said to average about $7-8 million a year on the market which honestly isn't to bad. Before last season in which he was hurt he had an 1100 yard and 1200 yard season and has been reliable as a pass catcher out of the backfield. Maybe something like a 4yr $30 million contract is reasonable. That would come out to about $7 million a season.

I read somewhere that Chris Carson is the best back in the league when it comes to broken tackles and he is a bruising type of back. 

As far as Henry, he's young, talented and would easily improve our TE corps. A nice weapon for Josh. Beane sounded like he wanted to improve the TE position at his end of year press conference so I'm interested to see what happens.

I'm not saying to sign both but one or the other. Both would be helpful 

How bout Mack for Vet min ?

2 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

Don't get me wrong, Aaron Jones is the man and I would love him in a Bills uniform but I think he is gonna be commanding too high of a salary.

Chris Carson is said to average about $7-8 million a year on the market which honestly isn't to bad. Before last season in which he was hurt he had an 1100 yard and 1200 yard season and has been reliable as a pass catcher out of the backfield. Maybe something like a 4yr $30 million contract is reasonable. That would come out to about $7 million a season.

I read somewhere that Chris Carson is the best back in the league when it comes to broken tackles and he is a bruising type of back. 

As far as Henry, he's young, talented and would easily improve our TE corps. A nice weapon for Josh. Beane sounded like he wanted to improve the TE position at his end of year press conference so I'm interested to see what happens.

I'm not saying to sign both but one or the other. Both would be helpful 

Hunter Henry for sure, Rudolph would also be great.

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The running game was disappointing and the backs were part of that but I think we have it out of perspective.

They were pretty much a middle of the pack running team........about 19th in ypc and attempts but 11th in big plays(20+) and 3rd in the % of their runs that went for first downs.

There is a perception that they are really bad at it,  but relative the the rest of the league they aren't.    

As you said.........they can get A LOT better if they just block better.     Their RB's are unspectacular but they also have very good #'s in terms of yards after contact........they are more than sufficient if you give them a gap to run thru.    The Bills OL really struggled to block for the run last season.

I think those big runs came mostly from Josh . 

These 'offer and sign' threads too often dismiss what Josh Allen will cost very soon.

Also, the hometown discount mentality is so out of touch. JA is cashing in 'Big Time'.

Edited by I am the egg man
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

These 'offer and sign' threads too often dismiss what Josh Allen will cost very soon.

Also, the hometown discount mentality is so out of touch. JA is cashing in Big Time. 

I am no capologist or anything, but I don't think a JA extension goes against the 2021 cap.

I could be wrong. You guys would know better than me.

24 minutes ago, njbuff said:

The Bills should pick up a cost-effective vet TE and an DL in UFA.

Let the draft take care of the rest of the needs.

I  like JaCrispy's idea of someone like Hill in the 3rd round maybe.

As of right now, until it changes in like a few minutes 😂........

The draft could play out like this.......

1st..... OL

2nd......CB

3rd.....RB.

Of course, that will change.😂

I think a strategy where the team drafts an RB in the 3rd round 3 years in a row needs some self-scouting.  Just saying.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

For a multi-year contract, why not?

I think the Bills organization has faith in Dawson Knox developing, so I don't think they see spending 10+ mill a year on a TE as cost effective.

Again, OF COURSE, I could be wrong.

We shall see.

10 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

Also, the hometown discount mentality is so out of touch. JA is cashing in Big Time.

Of course Josh is cashing in big time, but that doesn't affect us much this year or probably next

If you want 1-2 guys, you keep getting pay cuts, or restructures, then it’s Jonnu, and Ngakoue.  Draft Etiene with the first.  Fill the G with the second as I’m guessing Mongo is gone.  The rest is just BPA, and enjoy.  With Star back, Oliver and Edmunds immediately gets better.  Dane Jackson has a breakout year.  

Whoo, whoo, Go Bills!

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think a strategy where the team drafts an RB in the 3rd round 3 years in a row needs some self-scouting.  Just saying.

Beane has talked about adding more explosiveness.

I just don't where and when that addition is coming from.

Just now, njbuff said:

I think the Bills organization has faith in Dawson Knox developing, so I don't think they see spending 10+ mill a year on a TE as cost effective.

Again, OF COURSE, I could be wrong.

We shall see.

I think if we intend to take a step, we need an upgrade on offense that doesn't depend upon faith.

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think if we intend to take a step, we need an upgrade on offense that doesn't depend upon faith.

Let me ask you this......

Do you like the idea of adding TE at 10+ mill a year?

3 hours ago, mannc said:

Carson is exactly what we’ve lacked at RB the last two years.  Would be a great signing.

I think the RB position needs a upgrade and that will help Allen not be so dependant on the passing game.  It also does not allow defenses to just pin their ears back and go all out trying to sack Allen like the Chiefs did.  You need balance to help both your offence & your defense

18 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

Also, the hometown discount mentality is so out of touch. JA is cashing in 'Big Time'.

I was well aware of what Josh will cost starting next season but the cap is also gonna be extremely higher next season and beyond. The original projected cap for this season from what I read was supposed to be over $200 million. It's taken like a $25 million dollar hit this year but we should get that and then some back next year. So cap issues shouldn't be much of a problem 

Edited by Buffalo03

There's really no need to even talk about getting another RB unless he has 4.3 speed and great hands and can run routes. Why even bother otherwise? The backs we have are just fine for our scheme and usage and still somehow averaged 4 YPC in 2020 with awful run blocking at times. Its not like we're going to throw LESS passes per game with JA at the helm.

I like the Hunter Henry idea though! Perfect guy to go with the still developing Knox.

Edited by 34-78-83