"They're not allowed to take my fake ID!"

\GoBillsInDallas/

Still is pretty much a slap on the wrist unless you're an idiot and decide to stand your ground that it isn't fake.

9 minutes ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

Reminds me of growing up in BUF, when the drinking age was 18.  Used to be a slap on the wrist, no police involvement.

4 hours ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

Reminds me of growing up in BUF, when the drinking age was 18.  Used to be a slap on the wrist, no police involvement.

I was in a local bar.  The bartender was a substitute teacher at our school. He asked for my ID. Said I didn’t have it. He asked when my birthday was. Told him but a year earlier which made me 18 about to turn 19 in a few weeks. He knew I was a senior in HS so there was no way I was about to turn 19. Had my one beer and left. Came back a few weeks later on my 18th. I walked up to the bar and he handed me a beer with a big grin “happy birthday Jim!!”   I’ll never forget that. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

I was in a local bar.  The bartender was a substitute teacher at our school. He asked for my ID. Said I didn’t have it. He asked when my birthday was. Told him but a year earlier which made me 18 about to turn 19 in a few weeks. He knew I was a senior in HS so there was no way I was about to turn 19. Had my one beer and left. Came back a few weeks later on my 18th. I walked up to the bar and he handed me a beer with a big grin “happy birthday Jim!!”   I’ll never forget that. 

That is trouble with teachers. They know which students which were left behind and are older than average for their grades and which ones were younger.

I graduated high school at 17 and my sister, after school experienced me, at 16.

On 2/16/2021 at 8:48 AM, The Poojer said:

Still is pretty much a slap on the wrist unless you're an idiot and decide to stand your ground that it isn't fake.

Maybe the KID didn't know it turned into a felony standing her ground.   I wonder if the cops told her first?

"You know?  If you insist this is really you,  it turns from a misdemeanor into a felony."

I guess they don't have to, and ignorance of the law is no excuse... BUT... I would hope a good lawyer could plead it.  The law is complicated. 

21 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Answer: You flunked Kindergarten, twice?

😆🤣

😜

On 2/16/2021 at 9:48 AM, The Poojer said:

Not so lucky in Florida......

Our son was a freshman in college and a guy walks in offering fake ID’s. They were pretty cheap so our son got one. As soon as he walks out of a liquor store he gets nabbed. Possession of the beer was no biggie, but the possession of the fake ID apparently represented identity theft. THAT is a biggie. He was looking at a felony on his record, and this was the straight arrow son. 

We told him we had money in an account for him and he could use it as he saw fit. We helped him locate a good attorney who didn’t just fix the legal problem but made him work for it. It was a scared straight kind of situation where he had to create a plan and achieve certain milestones reporting back to the attorney. 

Years later he checked back in with the attorney to thank him and let him know he was thriving. 

Being young was great, being stupid was not. If only I could take what I know now back to my youth.........I’m just realizing how long the list is of things I really needed to know much sooner. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 3

26 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Then... There wasn't even picture ID.

Not only that, but the paper licenses weren't even laminated and they used block lettering (think 7-segment LEDs). I "aged" a year by turning a 3 into a 2, simply by scratching out one line segment and writing it in on the other side. It worked every time but once, and I was smart enough to just walk away without arguing.

• Agree 1

I got me and my girlfriend fake ID's from some mail order outfit advertised in Boy's Life magazine classifieds. They were really good and served us well, until we became 18 and could drink legally. 

...18 drinking age.. the only sensible one. Otherwise your just driving drinking underground.

• Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, boater said:

I got me and my girlfriend fake ID's from some mail order outfit advertised in Boy's Life magazine classifieds. They were really good and served us well, until we became 18 and could drink legally. 

...18 drinking age.. the only sensible one. Otherwise your just driving drinking underground.

I am calling BS! The Boy Scouts ad depart would NEVER authorize an ad like to be placed,  no matter how much they were offered! 😉

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.