Deshaun Watson officially requests trade from Houston

Process

54 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't think being a "jesus freak" makes you any more or less able to run a successful franchise.... I think being such frauds that they have unnecessarily alienated their franchise Quarterback does though.... I don't think Deshaun wants out because they are religious. He wants out because they have behaved in such a way that he no longer trusts a word that comes out of their mouth. And from the reports on Easterby I'm not surprised. For a man of God he certainly seems to have a real machiavellian side to his character.

There is a difference between wanting something and deserving it.

Jason Peters "deserved" a raise......as Andy Reid said after he fleeced us.......Peters was "the Peyton Manning of left tackles" and was being paid like a right tackle.

Watson deserves nothing.    He willingly signed up for top dollar to play long term for those same guys after the organization had already made most of the bad decisions that put them where they are now.   He didn't get to choose the new HC and GM?  If Aaron Rodgers couldn't why should it be assumed Watson would be allowed to?

So it's just a "want".

And if he's determined not to play for them the Texans have every right to tell him to want in one hand and ***** in the other and see which one fills up faster.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 3

25 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

There is a difference between wanting something and deserving it.

Jason Peters "deserved" a raise......as Andy Reid said after he fleeced us.......Peters was "the Peyton Manning of left tackles" and was being paid like a right tackle.

Watson deserves nothing.    He willingly signed up for top dollar to play long term for those same guys after the organization had already made most of the bad decisions that put them where they are now.   He didn't get to choose the new HC and GM?  If Aaron Rodgers couldn't why should it be assumed Watson would be allowed to?

So it's just a "want".

And if he's determined not to play for them the Texans have every right to tell him to want in one hand and ***** in the other and see which one fills up faster.

Rodgers did have a say in LaFleur as I understand it. It isn't that Watson didn't have a say either. It is that they promised him one thing and did another. It is about trust. Completely different situation but when I lost trust in the people I was working for I was out of the door within a month. I know my contract and his are nothing alike but the principle of don't work for people you don't trust is a sound one.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

When he mentioned Rex and the Pegulas partying on the yacht I had this mental picture from The Wolf of Wall Street ..

I mean Pegs looks like one outrageous party guy...

Brandon had Rex get Pegs liquored up to accelerate the hiring process.........remember the whole "get this bottle of wine" story?........and then shortly after the hiring they were all boozing it up on the yacht when the call came in to Whaley offering them McCoy.   Got so liquored up they sealed the deal without talking to Shady and his agent first.

Lesson:  Don't drink and drive your franchise into mediocrity.:beer:

Couple bottles of booze cost Pegs $50M in guaranteed money.:lol:

Pegs traded his first wife in for his secretary....half her age.....so I wasn't necessarily surprised that he would hire a, shall we say..... "self-indulgent", guy like Rex Ryan.

But the whole "man of faith" 180 hiring of McD after previously choosing a guy who was into watching his wife do foot stuff on other dudes......that was a very amusing turn of events and first choice of words.:lol:

17 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Brandon had Rex get Pegs liquored up to accelerate the hiring process.........remember the whole "get this bottle of wine" story?........and then shortly after the hiring they were all boozing it up on the yacht when the call came in to Whaley offering them McCoy.   Got so liquored up they sealed the deal without talking to Shady and his agent first.

Pegs traded his first wife in for his secretary....half her age.....so I wasn't necessarily surprised that he would hire a, shall we say..... "self-indulgent", guy like Rex Ryan.

But the whole "man of faith" 180 hiring of McD after previously choosing a guy who was into watching his wife do foot stuff on other dudes......that was a very amusing turn of events and first choice of words.:lol:

Who hurt you?  You've got some skeletons in that closet for sure...

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

17 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I never heard this. Was this really reported? 

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Rodgers did have a say in LaFleur as I understand it. It isn't that Watson didn't have a say either. It is that they promised him one thing and did another. It is about trust. Completely different situation but when I lost trust in the people I was working for I was out of the door within a month. I know my contract and his are nothing alike but the principle of don't work for people you don't trust is a sound one.

C'mon man...........you have no idea what, if anything, was actually promised. 

Sometimes promises are subjective.........like the difference between allowing input and allowing someone to make the decision.

But saying someone broke a secret promise is also good way, NBA superstarry way to steer a narrative so that you don't look like you are just trying to get to greener pastures too..........so there is that possibility you don't appear to be considering either.

And I find it amusing that you have equated "don't work for people you don't trust" into a discussion about NFL personnel/management.:lol:

That's hilarious......talk about your slippery slopes.

3 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

I never heard this. Was this really reported? 

No because it's speculation.  While the hire of Rex was bad, it wasn't completely off-the-wall like, say, hiring Culley is.  Head coaches get recycled and Rex did take his team to the AFCCG twice.

But ultimately they got the guys they needed, so you could say it was worth the 2-year mistake.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Didn't someone tell me you teach creative writing?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

C'mon man...........you have no idea what, if anything, was actually promised. 

Sometimes promises are subjective.........like the difference between allowing input and allowing someone to make the decision.

But saying someone broke a secret promise is also good way, NBA superstarry way to steer a narrative so that you don't look like you are just trying to get to greener pastures too..........so there is that possibility you don't appear to be considering either.

And I find it amusing that you have equated "don't work for people you don't trust" into a discussion about NFL personnel/management.:lol:

That's hilarious......talk about your slippery slopes.

That is what has been reported by multiple credible sources. I think it is a stretch to believe it is anything else myself.

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

So wait, you meant the "hiring process" of...Lesean McCoy? :lol:

Like I said.......you dudes need to get some focus factor......you got C.R.A.F.T..........this story was discussed ad nauseam on TSW and you practically live here.:doh:

From Sports Illustrated:

"Team president Russ Brandon also texted Ryan the next day: “The owner likes red wine. ... “I'm not a red wineguy,” Ryan says, “but that day I drank red wine."

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yes, if Pegs had only listened to me and cleaned house Day 1, he would’ve saved a lot of time and money. :( 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Who are the sources and what was the promise made?

PFT, The Athletic, Peter King and SI all reported he had dinner with Cal McNair in December and was promised he would be consulted in advance of both the GM and HC hires. Now in fairness I think a QB has no real role to play in a GM hire. I see the argument on the HC because the two are going to have to work together extremely closely but a GM? See no purpose in involving your QB in that. But that is what Cal McNair promised. He was stupid to promise it but when you do that and then don't deliver... well people are gonna think you are not trustworthy.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

PFT, The Athletic, Peter King and SI all reported he had dinner with Cal McNair in December and was promised he would be consulted in advance of both the GM and HC hires. Now in fairness I think a QB has no real role to play in a GM hire. I see the argument on the HC because the two are going to have to work together extremely closely but a GM? See no purpose in involving your QB in that. But that is what Cal McNair promised. He was stupid to promise it but when you do that and then don't deliver... well people are gonna think you are not trustworthy.

Is there language in the contract he agreed to & signed that allows him to demand a trade if he believes the owner isn’t trustworthy? If so, I have no problem at all with him taking this stance.

• Haha (+1) 2