Jump to content

Who's your one pass catcher to add? Draft, Free Agency or Trade.


Recommended Posts

Receiver or Tight End.

 

Look at the teams competing in the super bowl this year. Each has not one but two elite receivers for each team. Beane is going to have to continue to work his magic.

 

My nomination:

 

Kenny Golladay.

 

We have to check out his medicals coming off that hip injury but he'll only be 27 to start the season next year. At 6'4" he still has enough speed to take the top off the defense. A deep threat that has averaged nearly 17 yards per reception for his four year career. He'd play the Marquez Valdez-Scantling role in our offense. Would we be able to clear enough cap space to afford him? He's a candidate to be franchise tagged too if the Lions can't work out a deal.

 

He'll likely earn the third highest WR contract in free agency this off-season behind Allen Robinson and Chris Godwin. 

  • Disagree 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Allen lost himself some $ with those playoff performances, IMO. 

Kenny Golladay and Josh Allen once put on a show that finally ended in 3OT at 230 AM MTN/430 AM Eastern. Golladay amassed 200 yards and 3 TD that night.  But Josh Allen was better, and, converted one

I don’t want to spend a penny on pass catchers. I’m all in on pass rushers

2 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Receiver or Tight End.

 

Look at the teams competing in the super bowl this year. Each has not one but two elite receivers for each team. Beane is going to have to continue to work his magic.

 

My nomination:

 

Kenny Golladay.

 

We have to check out his medicals coming off that hip injury but he'll only be 27 to start the season next year. At 6'4" he still has enough speed to take the top off the defense. A deep threat that has averaged nearly 17 yards per reception for his four year career. He'd play the Marquez Valdez-Scantling role in our offense. Would we be able to clear enough cap space to afford him? He's a candidate to be franchise tagged too if the Lions can't work out a deal.

 

He'll likely earn the third highest WR contract in free agency this off-season behind Allen Robinson and Chris Godwin. 

Ain’t gonna happen. The Bills are $2.5 million under the cap and have to pay Allen a boatload of money, which they will. https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/
 

Basically, they need to draft well.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

We are more than fine at WR, no reason to pay big money for anyone.  If they want to draft one in the early rounds, then I can get behind that - Beasley and Brown are getting older.  Tight End would be a big plus though

  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Kenny Golladay and Josh Allen once put on a show that finally ended in 3OT at 230 AM MTN/430 AM Eastern. Golladay amassed 200 yards and 3 TD that night.  But Josh Allen was better, and, converted one of the most ridiculous walk off rushing TDs when the entire crowd was screaming at him to throw the ball away when the play broke down.   

 

 

  • Like (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

They have a lot more than we have though. That's the point. And we were still stoked on our receiving core this year. 

I don't think that's even remotely true. Can you explain yourself?

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BillsCuse said:

We are more than fine at WR, no reason to pay big money for anyone.  If they want to draft one in the early rounds, then I can get behind that - Beasley and Brown are getting older.  Tight End would be a big plus though

 

I totally agree about Tight End. But great ones don't grow on trees. Even hard to find really good ones. 

 

How are we more than fine at WR with Brown and Beasley getting older? I think we get one more good year our of Beasley but I'm not at all confident in getting another good year out of Brown.  I'd take an elite Tight End over a receiver if we can find one. But that's the tricky part. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Plano said:

Allen lost himself some $ with those playoff performances, IMO. 

Yup... he’s lookin at Tannehill type money right now. 
 

I think the smart franchise thing would be to continue to make him prove it and play out his last two years of his contract. 

  • Haha (+1) 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Plano said:

Allen lost himself some $ with those playoff performances, IMO. 

Um, no. He basically won the Colts game single-handedly, and played a LOT better than his stat line vs. Baltimore. Kubiak gave Allen one of his highest grades of the season for that game. Bear in mind that Gabe Davis dropped a pretty easy TD pass in that game, and that it was effectively over at the end of the third quarter.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Allen Robinson, guys been amazing with Christian Hackenberg, Blake Bortles, Mitch Trubisky and Nick Foles throwing to him.

 

Think how great he would be with Josh, and how much it would give to us when teams try to double Stef going forward. 

  • Like (+1) 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Ain’t gonna happen. The Bills are $2.5 million under the cap and have to pay Allen a boatload of money, which they will. https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/
 

Basically, they need to draft well.

 

Allen's new contract money wouldn't kick in for two years. And it would probably be back loaded. If the Chiefs can have Hill, Kelce, Mahomes and Chris Jones I'd like to think we can cut some fat and sign another play maker. At least with Allen we can be seen as a WR/TE destination now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MJS said:

I don't think that's even remotely true. Can you explain yourself?

How can you look at the two skill position groups and think the Bills and TB are similar? It's not even close, what are you talking about?

 

The Bills probably have the best player in Diggs. But overall they are better at WR, RB and TE. 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

 

Allen's new contract money wouldn't kick in for two years. And it would probably be back loaded. If the Chiefs can have Hill, Kelce, Mahomes and Chris Jones I'd like to think we can cut some fat and sign another play maker. At least with Allen we can be seen as a WR/TE destination now.

How do you figure? He’s getting that contract this offseason, not next one. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MJS said:

I don't think that's even remotely true. Can you explain yourself?

 

Their guys have size. I feel like that's what we are missing. Mike Evans and Chris Godwin is a good starting point for any team. 

Just now, dave mcbride said:

How do you figure? He’s getting that contract this offseason, not next one. 

 

I'm going off of how Mahomes contract was done. Mahomes wasn't paid ridiculous money this year even though he signed his extension last off season.

4 minutes ago, LEBills said:

Allen Robinson, guys been amazing with Christian Hackenberg, Blake Bortles, Mitch Trubisky and Nick Foles throwing to him.

 

Think how great he would be with Josh, and how much it would give to us when teams try to double Stef going forward. 

 

He would be great but Robinson will probably be the highest paid receiver in free agency. We also already have a do it all guy in Diggs. I think we can get by with more of a one trick pony 6'4" deep threat type guy. Would really compliment Diggs and take advantage of Allen's arm.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

 

Their guys have size. I feel like that's what we are missing. Mike Evans and Chris Godwin is a good starting point for any team. 

 

I'm going off of how Mahomes contract was done. Mahomes wasn't paid ridiculous money this year even though he signed his extension last off season.

Aha. I learned something! He is only a little over $5 million this seasons despite signing a Half-billion dollar contract. Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think a TE would benefit us the most.. Between Diggs and Davis I think we have pretty good talent at WR.. Let McKenzie and Beasley man that slot position.. No idea what the draft board looks like at this time but I also think DE is a massive priority. I’m hoping JJ Watt gets cut and the Bills bring him in on a decent team friendly deal.. I think DE, TE and WR are our greatest priorities going into draft/free agency..

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Process said:

How can you look at the two skill position groups and think the Bills and TB are similar? It's not even close, what are you talking about?

 

The Bills probably have the best player in Diggs. But overall they are better at WR, RB and TE. 

Ok. Break it down for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...