Who's your one pass catcher to add? Draft, Free Agency or Trade.

On 1/25/2021 at 10:37 AM, Do The Reich Thing said:

Yup... he’s lookin at Tannehill type money right now. 

I think the smart franchise thing would be to continue to make him prove it and play out his last two years of his contract. 

is this sarcastic or the stupidest thing posted on the internet today?

On 1/25/2021 at 9:31 AM, Boxcar said:

Idk if I'm just telling myself things to feel better, but I honestly feel like Knox made marked improvements throughout the year. Some of the catches he's capable of making are incredible. I think it seems he gets into trouble with easy catches when he has too much time to think, like he's thinking about avoiding hits or how he's going to run after the catch before securing the ball. In the last part of the season, though, he became Allen's go to for dumping off short passes and succeeded in that area.

Knox to me developed into a starting caliber TE. But I am not sure if he will ever be a dynamic top 5TE like a Kelce, Kittle or Waller. And it sucks that a dynamic TE might be the last piece missing on offense. It also is unfortunate that a dynamic edge rusher might also be the last piece missing to the defense. Both of those pieces are hard to find. 

7 hours ago, NewEra said:

There’s no chance we pay golladay what he’s going to get paid. 

That might be right. Will depend on how much cheaper he'd be compared to Robinson and Godwin and perhaps JuJu will land a larger contract then him too. He could be well worth it though if he puts up the production he did in Detroit.

Some are throwing around the idea of TY Hilton which i don't care for. Guy is older than John Brown and shorter than John Brown. Hilton used to be a consistent 16+ ypr guy, even his one season without Luck in 2017 he was at 16.9ypr. These last two years he's dipped down to 11.1  and 13.6 ypr.

4 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

John Ross is also a good choice to fill Brown’s spot. 

I think we need size at the position. I want a burner that is around 6'4". I'll take a little less speed if the guy comes with a little more height. 

Gabe Davis is listed at 6'2" which shocked me. He looks like he is 6'4" on our team because we have so many guys at 6 feet and under. 

8 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

That might be right. Will depend on how much cheaper he'd be compared to Robinson and Godwin and perhaps JuJu will land a larger contract then him too. He could be well worth it though if he puts up the production he did in Detroit.

Some are throwing around the idea of TY Hilton which i don't care for. Guy is older than John Brown and shorter than John Brown. Hilton used to be a consistent 16+ ypr guy, even his one season without Luck in 2017 he was at 16.9ypr. These last two years he's dipped down to 11.1  and 13.6 ypr.

I think we need size at the position. I want a burner that is around 6'4". I'll take a little less speed if the guy comes with a little more height. 

Gabe Davis is listed at 6'2" which shocked me. He looks like he is 6'4" on our team because we have so many guys at 6 feet and under. 

I’d rather have Hilton than Kenny Stills.  I was talking about him earlier but because else brought him up.  I think his QB situation partyly had to do with his dip.  He’s certainly not the player he was, but he could come cheap to play for a title and came on strong at the end of the year 

35 minutes ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

Dude is making 30 million a year. Josh has more to prove to get into Mahomes contract territory. How about you pump the breaks a little bit. 

Josh will be paid more than Watson.  Not even a small question about it. 

1 hour ago, The Jokeman said:

While he hasn't lived up to his draft status OJ Howard's going to be an UFA. If we want to take a chance he could be a budget add. He offers more size than Knox and better receiver than Lee Smith so an ideal #2 TE with #1 upside. 

Are you assuming he’s going to be cut or under the impression that he’s actually due to be a free agent this offseason? His option for next year was already picked up

I would be on board if the FO could figure a way to bring Ertz here.  Ertz and Knox would be nice.  You would jettison Kroft and probably Morse.  TEs take a while so Ertz is a short term fix as #1 while Knox can continue to improve and develop into the #1 spot. 

Could draft either N Harris or Etienne.

Golladay would be an excellent J Brown replacement, upgrade.  Would be tough to figure out the finances though.

Then the offense would be stacked - upgraded TEs, a playmaker RB, and top ten WRs.

On D, I would rejoice if the FO could figure a way to get JJ Watt.  Of course he is old but Houston could be in rebuild mode.  I don't know how to address the pathetic coverage of TEs.  Just need to outscore the competition.

1 hour ago, DCOrange said:

Are you assuming he’s going to be cut or under the impression that he’s actually due to be a free agent this offseason? His option for next year was already picked up

He's played 4 seasons, I assumed Tampa didn't pick up his option considering he's been subpar. I guess I was wrong as shocked they took on his 5th year option.

1 hour ago, OrediggerPoke said:

How about an affordable and reliable pass catcher at the tight end position.  Jacob Hollister makes a lot of sense.  

With Greg Olsen retirement Hollister could be a priority for the Seahawks.

Edited by The Jokeman

On 1/25/2021 at 11:26 AM, Big Turk said:

Any extra money Allen gets will not be next year, it will be an extension that won't kick in until 2022.  He will still be on his original rookie deal next year that is already accounted for.

Cox ain’t going anywhere but it appears that Ertz is going to get cut. And my guess, based on no evidence, is he winds up on the Patriots or Seahawks. 

28 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Cox ain’t going anywhere but it appears that Ertz is going to get cut. And my guess, based on no evidence, is he winds up on the Patriots or Seahawks. 

If he's cut he's free to go where he wants. New England has major questions on offense especially QB. I wouldn't go there if I was Ertz. Seattle has Wilson and good WRs so Kelce could benefit there but wouldn't dismiss us from the conversation as we have many of same things Seattle offers yet have a bigger upside. The only thing is cap space might limit us.

Edited by The Jokeman
  • Like (+1) 1