Deshaun Watson prefers the Jets

1 minute ago, mannc said:

I'd put him at number four, behind Allen, Mahomes and Rodgers.  I think he's surpassed Wilson.  If I'm starting from scratch, I'd rather have Watson than Rodgers.  

Yup I agree. Hard to argue with that. But it kinda of makes my point a little stronger that if he's unhappy due to past events, the new GM/HC should do whatever it takes and everything in their power to make him happy. I think they should rebuild trust within the organization because he clearly isn't the happiest right now.

But as good as he is, you rank him #4. I'd put him at 4 also, at the least #5. If you're lucky enough to get/have a QB that good, no amount of draft picks would be enough. Especially no Sam Darnold either lol.

But like I said, we all have been surprised before and this would definitely be one of those Huge surprises if they do trade him.

45 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

The Jets have nothing in their quiver and nothing on their shelf.  There is a better chance of me being carried away by army ants than gang green assembling a package worth the Texans parting with Watson.

Deshaun Watson signed a 4 year, $156,000,000 contract with the Houston Texans, including a $27,000,000 signing bonus, $110,717,123 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $39,000,000. In 2021, Watson will earn a base salary of $10,540,000, while carrying a cap hit of $15,940,000 and a dead cap value of $67,140,000.

The only reasonable way it occurs is if Watson is willing to give back signing bonus and then JEST restructure remaining contract with a trade bonus but my impression is Watson would refuse wanting to keep bonus from Texans and would try to get JEST to given another one.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BITE ME said:

Troll? Saying one would take Watson over Rodgers is hilarious.  Rodgers is the MVP of the league.

Its not too far fetched if you are factoring in age. Would you rather have Rodgers for 3 years or Watson for 10?

I'd take the 10.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Rogers has 1-2 years left. Watson has 10+ if he wants it. That matters 

Who cares?  Nobody is winning anything with Watson.  He is 1-2 in the playoffs and whines constantly because he can't produce.  He might not even be in the league in 5 years from now because nobody wants a toxic clown on their roster.

• Disagree 3

3 minutes ago, BITE ME said:

Who cares?  Nobody is winning anything with Watson.  He is 1-2 in the playoffs and whines constantly because he can't produce.  He might not even be in the league in 5 years from now because nobody wants a toxic clown on their roster.

As I said, troll

Why would Houston trade him to the Jets?  If I were Houston, here’s who I’d trade Watson for... Mahomes, Josh Allen, or the rights to Lawrence.  Maybe Chase Young plus a couple of WFT’s first round picks.  I need one of those 4 guys in return to move Watson.   
Maybe Herbert too.  I would’ve considered Burrow if he wasn’t injured.  

Edited by BuffaloRebound

3 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

I predict he goes to........

THE HOUSTON TEXANS

Amen.  This whole thread is as ridiculous as Watson himself.  He is a QB. Leader of the team and he is acting like OBJ.  He should publicly apologize to the owners and fans for his childlike behavior.  The Texans have not hired a coach yet.  We have no idea who they are going to hire and this baby Watson is out there crying like a spoiled child.  He is the antithesis of Leslie Frazier.  Guy is anything but a leader.  The Texans are not trading him unless they get 3 number 1 picks.  That is another way of saying they are not trading him. 

10 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Why would Houston trade him to the Jets?  If I were Houston, here’s who I’d trade Watson for... Mahomes, Josh Allen, or the rights to Lawrence.  Maybe Chase Young plus a couple of WFT’s first round picks.  I need one of those 4 guys in return to move Watson.   
Maybe Herbert too.  I would’ve considered Burrow if he wasn’t injured.  

I don't think the Texans want to trade Watson, but he might force their hand.  Hard to tell what's really going on behind the scene.  For a new GM, it might be tempting to start from scratch with a ton of draft picks and a decent prospect like Darnold.

Just now, mannc said:

I don't think the Texans want to trade Watson, but he might force their hand.  Hard to tell what's really going on behind the scene.  For a new GM, it might be tempting to start from scratch with a ton of draft picks and a decent prospect like Darnold.

He can't force their hand.  He has ZERO leverage.  He has a contract and any new coach they hire is not going to put up with his childlike behavior.  A guy like Leslie Frazier would tell him suit up or go home.  Guys like Watson never win Super Bowl rings. This whole thing playing out publicly is an embarrassment.  The Texans have done nothing wrong.  They actually have been very patient and maybe the want a guy like Leslie Frazier who is all about Integrity.  Considering their QB has no integrity they might need a Leslie Frazier to provide some real leadership.

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

You don’t let 25 year old franchise QB’s go.  If I don’t get a young franchise QB in return or a Chase Young plus picks, I’m not trading him.  He can sit out if he thinks it’s so bad.  

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Weird...pretty sure some peeps said I was crazy when I suggested Watson could be traded and crazier when I said Jets would be a likely landing spot.  

You are still crazy.  He is not going to the Jets.  This screams of an agent leaking nonsense.  He obviously wants to go to play for the Jets because that is where all the big endorsement money is.  In this guys warped mind he thinks he should be doing commercials like Mahomes and Rodgers and be the face of the league.  He is the QB of a 4-12 team that is 1-2 in the playoffs and both his loses were blowouts.  

6 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

You don’t let 25 year old franchise QB’s go.  If I don’t get a young franchise QB in return or a Chase Young plus picks, I’m not trading him.  He can sit out if he thinks it’s so bad.  

Well, they certainly won't let him go for less than three first round picks, including at least one of the top three overall.