Biden Confronts The Economic Crisis

Tiberius

On 11/26/2021 at 8:55 PM, BillStime said:

Let's go Brandon! 🤑

Well this is pretty easy to figure out i would think even for you !

If the entire economy is basically shut down for a year and then after that year most people are sick & tired of sitting around & want to go back to work unless they are the ones that want to sit back & get that "free gov't money" and believe the fear mongering portrayed by those in power  .

So then of those that aren't scared when every thing starts to open up & those people that want to go back to work do which makes it look as though there is less unemployment, more job growth, more sales for those that were able to span the tide, & a false sense that the president elect is the one making it all happen .

Which the truth is that it's just getting back to what it was prior to the shut down which was the norm and that growth just getting back to the normal that was is still carrying through !

And in truth even a num scull could look good in that situation to some and does !! Then there are those that believe it is in fact the num scull that is making these things happen and that is truly scary when you actually sit & think about it ...

But then in time through massive spending/bad decisions and the belief that that spending is needed to stimulate the growth when in fact it's all part of the natural progression of getting back to what was prior to the shut down -  inflation starts people that want free money won't go back to work so there is more unneeded spending and eventually given time all the people will pay and it will be passed on to their children .

And it doesn't truly matter who is the num scull in office because they are all idiots and can't see the forest for the trees and just make promises that they can't keep to get more votes to lie some more !! 

It's on vicious circle that we one day we will be made to pay for  ...

On 1/24/2021 at 3:16 AM, Doc Brown said:

What's somewhat humorous is the only reason for the proposed $2000 stimulus checks are even considered is because Trump just pushed for them out of nowhere before leaving office.  

Here is the neat thing about stimulus checks: Those checks pushed many into a higher tax bracket, and the IRS/gov was able to recoup a substantial portion. Redistribution of wealth under the guise of some petty stimulus money.

• Disagree 1

23 hours ago, Doc said:

Or vape.  Although that could be 2010s.

Today it's pills 

20 hours ago, T master said:

Well this is pretty easy to figure out i would think even for you !

If the entire economy is basically shut down for a year and then after that year most people are sick & tired of sitting around & want to go back to work unless they are the ones that want to sit back & get that "free gov't money" and believe the fear mongering portrayed by those in power  .

So then of those that aren't scared when every thing starts to open up & those people that want to go back to work do which makes it look as though there is less unemployment, more job growth, more sales for those that were able to span the tide, & a false sense that the president elect is the one making it all happen .

Which the truth is that it's just getting back to what it was prior to the shut down which was the norm and that growth just getting back to the normal that was is still carrying through !

And in truth even a num scull could look good in that situation to some and does !! Then there are those that believe it is in fact the num scull that is making these things happen and that is truly scary when you actually sit & think about it ...

But then in time through massive spending/bad decisions and the belief that that spending is needed to stimulate the growth when in fact it's all part of the natural progression of getting back to what was prior to the shut down -  inflation starts people that want free money won't go back to work so there is more unneeded spending and eventually given time all the people will pay and it will be passed on to their children .

And it doesn't truly matter who is the num scull in office because they are all idiots and can't see the forest for the trees and just make promises that they can't keep to get more votes to lie some more !! 

It's on vicious circle that we one day we will be made to pay for  ...

Didn't Obama hand Trump a wonderful economy? 

• Dislike 1

59 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Here is the neat thing about stimulus checks: Those checks pushed many into a higher tax bracket, and the IRS/gov was able to recoup a substantial portion. Redistribution of wealth under the guise of some petty stimulus money.

Stimulus checks aren't taxable.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Today it's pills 

Didn't Obama hand Trump a wonderful economy? 

Well it was better than it is right now and was in decent shape but needed some work in places . The stock market went to record highs after Trump took over (you will probably say that was because of Obama) & just kept going up that & the economy was going great guns before the virus took over .

But the haters said the economy wasn't doing good but every where you looked there was building happening unemployment was at a low and any one i know personally that ran a business said they were doing better than they had in a long time but again the haters said the opposite & will continue because that's what they do ...

I know i personally made more money in 2018 & 2019 than i ever have in my life and there was no shortage of work so i gave Trump a thumbs up for that along with the others that either owned or ran businesses did in that time period .

Edited by T master

11 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

Correct, but But they aren't taxable anyway.

The reason I replied at all is that I once had a coworker who always stopped working before his taxes hit the next tax bracket because he thought the next few dollars would cause his tax rate to jump for the whole of his income. Even though I explained it to him he did not believe me. 34's point is wrong even if he was right about taxable part. 

2 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

They aren't,  look it up

I did, its a loophole. Just a pre tax payout on your return. 

2 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Even if they are taxable since we have a marginal tax rate it would only effect the last little bit if your income. 

That “last little bit” ended up screwing me. Oh well, it is what it is.

2 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

I did, its a loophole. Just a pre tax payout on your return. 

That “last little bit” ended up screwing me. Oh well, it is what it is.

Did you accidentally declare it as income or maybe it's something else like unemployment checks?

The Wall Street Journal reports: “A booming U.S. economy is rippling around the world, leaving global supply chains struggling to keep up and pushing up prices. The force of the American expansion is also inducing overseas companies to invest in the U.S., betting that the growth is still accelerating and will outpace other major economies.”

https://www.wsj.com/articles/booming-u-s-economy-ripples-world-wide-straining-supply-chains-and-driving-up-prices-11640082604

Good news for Biden heading into new year