Jump to content

Next Season - Potential Coordinators


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, TBBills Fan said:

If Daboll goes I hope they hire from within for continuity and scheme purposes or hire a guy that uses the same type of system Daboll uses.  Obviously tht system fits our QB and team.

I think it is really the relationship between Daboll and Allen that allows the trust to be established to execute the plays.    I hope Daboll and Frazier stay back as our coordinators.  They will all get HC jobs in the next few years.  The NFL always has openings every year

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dorsey.  He’s earned a shot.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Your "NO" is better than my "NO"!   But seriously - I want no part of Bill O'Brien anywhere near our building.

1 hour ago, ßookie_tech said:

Am I the only one who thinks Daboll doesn't land a hc gig? I think is a good x's and o's guy but not a leader of men. 

If the Bills lose to the Ravens I think it’s 50-60% chance Daboll goes. If the Bills win another game or two he will 100% get a head coaching job. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ll think about his whenever we are not still in the playoffs.  Good topic, just one that can be discussed for the four months of nothing to talk about except free agency (what little there will be dues to the cap) and the draft.

 

Besides, we don’t even know if we are losing a coordinator.  Just because Daboll has been asked to interview doesn’t mean it’s a given he leaves.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Assuming Daboll gets hired away, I'm banging the drum for someone with experience calling plays at the NFL level. My gut tells me McDermott will make the boring pick and promote Dorsey because he loves showing loyalty to his guys. But I hope he is forward thinking enough to realize the offense has a 2-3 year Super Bowl window before Diggs is due for an extension and Allen's massive cap hit really kicks in. Get an OC with experience to come have the easiest job of their lives. We should have no shortage of qualified candidates. As of today Pederson is my top candidate and it isn't close. But I'm open to anyone with experience and proven results.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

OC - Dorsey

 

DC - Dan Quinn

 

I think Quinn is a pretty good DC; he is a terrible head coach. Reminds me of Schwartz honestly.

Quinn is going to Dallas in that same position

Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as OC goes I think its Dorsey's job to lose. The word "continuity" gets thrown around quit a bit by both Beane and Mcdermott, and the offense was literally record breaking this season. If it ain't broke.....

I think a dark horse for the DC job is Steve Wilkes. Obvioulsy the Panther ties are a strong pull with Bean and McDermott, both of whom gushed over Wilkes and were quoted as being "jealous" that the Browns were able to sign Wilks and linebacker coach Al Holcomb.

 

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Article/Brandon-Beane-Sean-McDermott-endorse-Steve-Wilks-128419276/

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2021 at 5:29 PM, reddogblitz said:

For offense I have 2 candidates so far.

 

Doug Pederson - very innovative offensive dude. Totally masterminded and out coached Bill Bellyache.

 

Anthony Lynn - Number 9 offense in the league with a rookie QB.  Coach Lynn also had a top 10 offensive with Hotrod at the controls.  Due can coach offense.

 

Get me somebody with experience succeeding.

 

Not too worried about the "system" because I believe Josh and Diggs and Brown and Beasley and Singletary/Moss could run any well conceived/coached offense with great results.

 

I like Lynn.  He seems like a guy who is a netter coordinator than HS. Really smart, detail guy but not a game-day manager.  Let him nerd out on offense.  

On 1/11/2021 at 11:34 PM, BrooklynBills said:

OC - Chad Hall(current WR coach)

 

DC - John Butler(current DB coach)

 

this isnt bad. I’d take Dorsey over Hall bit I can see the appeal to promoting within.  ai believe the Steelers generally have used this approach for coordinators.  Not sure what the Pats** have done

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2021 at 1:53 PM, WMDman said:

Ken Dorsey for when Daboll leaves

Has Dorsey ever called games before? I'm hesitant to trust someone with no experience sending in plays.  I think you look far and wide and find the best person available.

On 1/11/2021 at 11:53 PM, HappyDays said:

Assuming Daboll gets hired away, I'm banging the drum for someone with experience calling plays at the NFL level. My gut tells me McDermott will make the boring pick and promote Dorsey because he loves showing loyalty to his guys. But I hope he is forward thinking enough to realize the offense has a 2-3 year Super Bowl window before Diggs is due for an extension and Allen's massive cap hit really kicks in. Get an OC with experience to come have the easiest job of their lives. We should have no shortage of qualified candidates. As of today Pederson is my top candidate and it isn't close. But I'm open to anyone with experience and proven results.

Totally agree. Find the best person available. This would be a critical hire.  Pederson would be a great choice.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, klos63 said:

Has Dorsey ever called games before? I'm hesitant to trust someone with no experience sending in plays.  I think you look far and wide and find the best person available.

Totally agree. Find the best person available. This would be a critical hire.  Pederson would be a great choice.

The more I think about it the less I like the idea of changing a play book that has worked so well with Josh Allen. Dorsey in all likelihood has a good feel for what made Daboll successful IMO. We can't replace the innovative mind of Daboll. We can keep everything he has given us.

 

I would like to think that Allen himself can put some of that brain power to work and be of some assistance to Dorsey in the actual game planning of the next opponent. The same could be said for McD IMO. We have a QB that can make every throw with the intellect of a Peyton Manning. 

Edited by Figster
Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Figster said:

The more I think about it the less I like the idea of changing a play book that has worked so well with Josh Allen. Dorsey in all likelihood has a good feel for what made Daboll successful IMO. We can't replace the innovative mind of Daboll. We can keep everything he has given us.

 

I would like to think that Allen himself can put some of that brain power to work and be of some assistance to Dorsey in the actual game planning of the next opponent. The same could be said for McD IMO. We have a QB that can make every throw with the intellect of a Peyton Manning. 

We won't have to change the playbook. I don't think we really have too many unique plays anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...