Question about tickets to the next game

Rubes

It's not clear from the instructions given out by the team, but a question for those who might know: does the season ticket holder purchasing the playoff tickets have to be one of the attendees? They say no transferring of tickets, so that would seem to be the case, but it's not totally clear.

4 minutes ago, Rubes said:

It's not clear from the instructions given out by the team, but a question for those who might know: does the season ticket holder purchasing the playoff tickets have to be one of the attendees? They say no transferring of tickets, so that would seem to be the case, but it's not totally clear.

https://www.buffalobills.com/tickets/playoff-tickets-faq

Key worlds would be "If New York State permits fans at future games"

7 minutes ago, Rubes said:

According to the thread last week, no, the season ticket holder does not have to be one of the attendees BUT all tickets are mobile only, so the people that do go must have access to the season ticket holders digital account in order to enter the game. 

4 minutes ago, TBBills said:

I thought I heard Seniority season ticket holders.

Seniority determines who gets to purchase tickets, but the question is: does the season ticket holder have to be one of the people who attends the game, or can they purchase tickets for others.

Just now, Vertig0 said:

According to the thread last week, no, the season ticket holder does not have to be one of the attendees BUT all tickets are mobile only, so the people that do go must have access to the season ticket holders digital account in order to enter the game. 

Interesting, thanks.

7 minutes ago, Rubes said:

I think it is the case.   It does say no transferring tickets.  Maybe there are people working at One Bills Drive now - I would try to call them.   

Seems to me if there's a situation like someone has four season tickets in her name and goes to regular season games with her husband and two kids, and if she wants just two playoff tickets for her husband and a child, she ought to be able to do that.  But the rules suggest otherwise.   If you buy a pod (2 or 4 seats), you get one seat and you designate who gets the others.   You can't designate the entire pod to other people. 

Those who are getting the opportunity have been notified. There may be another round of emails/calls today or even tomorrow morning if some of those who received word yesterday declined or aren't acting fast enough. The intent is for the person whose name is on the account to be one of the fans going, but there were exceptions made last week.

Whoever goes, be loud and proud!

Just now, Shaw66 said:

I think it is the case.   It does say no transferring tickets.  Maybe there are people working at One Bills Drive now - I would try to call them.   

Seems to me if there's a situation like someone has four season tickets in her name and goes to regular season games with her husband and two kids, and if she wants just two playoff tickets for her husband and a child, she ought to be able to do that.  But the rules suggest otherwise.   If you buy a pod (2 or 4 seats), you get one seat and you designate who gets the others.   You can't designate the entire pod to other people. 

Yes, the ticket office is open today. They are working hard.

3 minutes ago, Vertig0 said:

I don't think that's correct, but I don't know.  My reading of the rules suggested that one of the people at the gate must be the season ticket account holder.   If it were otherwise, then that would mean that the account holder could sell his ticket to someone else, and that is clearly against the rules.  

Tickets for the Buffalo Bills' divisional-round game on Jan. 15 or 16 will be offered to season ticket members, pending New York State approval.

The Divisional round ticket on-sale availability will take place on Sunday, January 10 and Monday, January 11. Playoff ticket on-sales will go in account seniority order for Season Ticket Members that are eligible. All playoff tickets will be sold ONLINE ONLY. No tickets will be sold over the phone or in person. Eligible Members will receive an email with their date and time to purchase today.

Tickets will not be on sale to the general public.

Answers to more frequently asked questions are available here.

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/bills-announce-ticket-on-sale-date-for-divisional-round

2 minutes ago, scribo said:

Those who are getting the opportunity have been notified. There may be another round of emails/calls today or even tomorrow morning if some of those who received word yesterday declined or aren't acting fast enough. The intent is for the person whose name is on the account to be one of the fans going, but there were exceptions made last week.

Whoever goes, be loud and proud!

Yes, the ticket office is open today. They are working hard.

Thanks to all. I've been notified and my chance to purchase is later today, but I won't be able to go myself. I'll give them a call.

Just now, HOUSE said:

Tickets for the Buffalo Bills' divisional-round game on Jan. 15 or 16 will be offered to season ticket members, pending New York State approval.

The Divisional round ticket on-sale availability will take place on Sunday, January 10 and Monday, January 11. Playoff ticket on-sales will go in account seniority order for Season Ticket Members that are eligible. All playoff tickets will be sold ONLINE ONLY. No tickets will be sold over the phone or in person. Eligible Members will receive an email with their date and time to purchase today.

Tickets will not be on sale to the general public.

Answers to more frequently asked questions are available here.

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/bills-announce-ticket-on-sale-date-for-divisional-round

Thanks, but it didn't seem to answer the question directly, so I came here. I'll just try calling them.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I don't think that's correct, but I don't know.  My reading of the rules suggested that one of the people at the gate must be the season ticket account holder.   If it were otherwise, then that would mean that the account holder could sell his ticket to someone else, and that is clearly against the rules.  

Yep, I agree with your reading as well. But I believe someone talked to their ticket rep and that's who provided the info that I gave above. Again, not sure if it's correct or not, just remember reading it in last week's thread. If anyone can verify for certain, please let us all know! 

Just talked to the ticket office, and the official word is that the season ticket holder doesn't have to be one of the attendees at the game, as long as the people who do attend have access to the online season ticket holder's account. Thus, a person can buy tickets for their family members, as long as they are okay with the family members having their account login information.

Not sure how it works, but it sounds like people need to log into the account to access the tickets once at the stadium.

Edited by Rubes
  • Thank you (+1) 1

My dude that invited me, his purchase time isn’t until tomorrow, fingers crossed!!

If not, might have to wait fo AFC Championship game ;)

2 minutes ago, Rubes said:

Just talked to the ticket office, and the official word is that the season ticket holder doesn't have to be one of the attendees at the game, as long as the people who do attend have access to the online season ticket holder's account. Thus, a person can buy tickets for their family members, as long as they are okay with the family members having their account login information.

Not sure how it works, but it sounds like people need to log into the account to access the tickets once at the stadium.

Well a few seasons ago we were having trouble switching some tix around, so I just gave them my login on the Bills/Ticketmaster app to use. Did they clarify same rules apply for this game? 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Well a few seasons ago we were having trouble switching some tix around, so I just gave them my login on the Bills/Ticketmaster app to use. Did they clarify same rules apply for this game? 

Didn't say anything about an app. The official info says: "Tickets will only be accessible through the Season Ticket Member’s account that purchased such tickets. Ticket forwarding will not be permitted."

1 minute ago, Rubes said:

Didn't say anything about an app. The official info says: "Tickets will only be accessible through the Season Ticket Member’s account that purchased such tickets. Ticket forwarding will not be permitted."

They're mobile tickets only, no printouts, so it's scanned on the app when entering the stadium. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

think the exception was made because some people purchase two or more sets of season tickets . So if John X is the account holder on two different sets, because he is buying them for family, he could only be in one of the groups himself.

6 minutes ago, Rubes said:

Right, I think we’re saying the same thing. You have to use TM/Bills app to access your account.

21 minutes ago, Rubes said:

Excellent.  Thanks for clearing this up.  

What it means is that I could sell my playoff tickets to anyone in the world that I choose, but I have to give one of them my Bills account login and password.   The Bills account is run through Ticketmaster, so giving a stranger my Bills account login and password is giving them my Ticketmaster login and password.   And at least for me and probably for many people, the Bills and/or Ticketmaster have my credit card information.   So giving a stranger my login and password would be a pretty stupid thing to do, just to have the opportunity to scalp a couple of tickets. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Excellent.  Thanks for clearing this up.  

What it means is that I could sell my playoff tickets to anyone in the world that I choose, but I have to give one of them my Bills account login and password.   The Bills account is run through Ticketmaster, so giving a stranger my Bills account login and password is giving them my Ticketmaster login and password.   And at least for me and probably for many people, the Bills and/or Ticketmaster have my credit card information.   So giving a stranger my login and password would be a pretty stupid thing to do, just to have the opportunity to scalp a couple of tickets. 

Correct. There is also the issue of telling the Bills the names of all the people who will be using the tickets, and coordinating their testing to make sure it's completed prior to the game according to their instructions. All of that is done through email with the season ticket holder, so if you tried selling to someone else, you'd be responsible for communicating all of that info to the buyer (in addition to giving them your account login).