NFL.com Colts v. Bills Matchup Preview - Philip Rivers is HILARIOUS!!

Check out this pretty good preview of the Colts-Bills matchup:

https://www.nfl.com/videos/colts-vs-bills-preview-super-wild-card-weekend

At the end of the video, you're going to pee your pants when you see Philip Rivers taunting Greggggggg Williams:  "Y'all cain't play with 12 Greggggggg".  Rivers also sprinkles in a few "Dad Gummit"s.  I ROTFLMFAO'd.  :w00t:

Edited by Freddie's Dead
  • Haha (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Check out this pretty good review of the Colts-Bills matchup:

https://www.nfl.com/videos/colts-vs-bills-preview-super-wild-card-weekend

At the end of the video, you're going to pee your pants when you see Philip Rivers taunting Greggggggg Williams:  "Y'all cain't play with 12 Greggggggg".  Rivers also sprinkles in a few "Dad Gummit"s.  I ROTFLMFAO'd.  :w00t:

I'd previously heard that Rivers is a huge trash talker.

• Like (+1) 1

Living in SD for the last 24 years I got to see a lot of Rivers...he loves talking trash. It's hilarious and also very cool how he can talk some much stuff without cussing and calling people names. That being said, I hope the BILLS D shuts his pie-hole.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, johnnywo said:

Living in SD for the last 24 years I got to see a lot of Rivers...he loves talking trash. It's hilarious and also very cool how he can talk some much stuff without cussing and calling people names. That being said, I hope the BILLS D shuts his pie-hole.

Yea apparently he doesn't swear at all. I would not have guessed that. Fair ***** play. 🤣

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, johnnywo said:

I'm jealous, San Diego is one of the most beautiful places on earth.  I fell in love with San Diego the first time I went there in the mid-90's.  I'd love to live there, but unfortunately, it is California.

5 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I'm jealous, San Diego is one of the most beautiful places on earth.  I fell in love with San Diego the first time I went there in the mid-90's.  I'd love to live there, but unfortunately, it is California.

Come on out!  There's a lot of us Buffalo transplants here in America's Finest City!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BITE ME said:

If he brings his kids to the game the Colts fans may outnumber the Bills fans.  😀

I guess if you make crazy money and can afford 9 children then why not. 7 girls and 2 boys. What a wife.

Doing it all with one woman is the most impressive part. He and Antonio Cromartie were having a competition, but Cromartie cheated and brought in pinch hitters.

• Like (+1) 1

The only time I was ever intimidated by Rivers was the first half of the Peterman game. The camera panned to him a few times and he was chomping at the bit and telling the OC something emphatically. I assumed it was some sort of weakness he spotted. Turns out he just had to wait for our D to get exhausted which if i remember was either the 3rd 3 and out or the 3rd INT.

Other than that, I’ve seen enough tape of him, perpetually with 1:04 left, behind by 7 needing a touchdown to stay in the game. He’s pulled it out once or twice. Seems like a nice fellow. It’s a shame we have to end his career. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Unless you consider "Dad Gummit" profane....

What is Dad doing with those gums, that’s what I want to know?

32 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Doing it all with one woman is the most impressive part. He and Antonio Cromartie were having a competition, but Cromartie cheated and brought in pinch hitters.

Isn’t Fitz close?  7 or 8?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

So watching this interview with Colts DC Matt Eberflus.  He seems to be hanging his hat a bit on having beaten Deshaun Watson and the Texans 2x.  About 2 minutes in.  Says Watson and Allen are "very similar" so they're "very fortunate" to have played Watson a couple times recently and "got to work on our rushes there".  He said they played Watson better the second time they faced him because they were more familiar or used to him.  Watson passed for 341 yds, 68% completion, 0 TD, 2 INT the first game; 373 yds, 80.5 % completion, 0 TD, 2 INT the second game so what Eberflus is looking at, must be hidden beyond the high-level stat stuff.

He sounded pretty confident, as though Allen was a problem he had solved and was prepared for.  He sounded less confident about covering Diggs.

I personally don't think that Watson and Allen are really that similar as players.  Hard to put into words.  Watson is more elusive? and Allen is more physical? 

I guess I can see where at a high level, they're similar guys who pass well, who can escape pressure and extend plays and have similar overall stats, including rushing APG and rush YPG. 

Watson is an excellent QB who as someone pointed out, has quietly had his best season statistically - best completion %, most passing yards, most TDs, fewest INTs .

I just sort of have a gut feeling that a front seven defender who has lined up against both would tell you it's different.  Not that one is better (they're both very good) or one is less mobile (they're both very mobile), just that from the player POV, different.

Thoughts?

• Like (+1) 1