Fins Heaven is a hilarious read if you have the time

2 hours ago, FastFreddy22 said:

If you want a good laugh go to Fin Heaven and read the bills ran up the score post...its awesome.  They also have a Josh Allen thread.  Im just so happy that Mcbeane has put us in the position were in.  This is the best Bills team of my lifetime I was too young to enjoy the early 90's.  Go Bills!!!!!!

https://finheaven.com/threads/why-did-the-bills-run-up-the-score.364154/

As if the Pats**** never ran up the score on them.

Running up the score is kicking a fg with 5 seconds on the clock with a 3 score lead.

Edited by mabden
add content

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

His win percentage is almost exactly what Philbin's is.   And the QB decision is one of the main parts of being a good head coach.   I know everyone says he is a good head coach, but can someone point to why?

He's considered a good coach by going 10-6 and winning games in a way that isn't sustainable long term.  Dolphins will go into next season with a bunch of hype and not live up to it due to Tua being just another guy.  The difference between Tua's rookie season and Josh Allen's rookie season is the Dolphins were winning not because of Tua, but what the defense/special teams was giving him.  Josh Allen's rookie season he was a large part of why we won the games we did win.......just take a look at our record when Allen didn't start/finish games that season....1-5 without Allen and 5-5 with him.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, streetkings01 said:

He's considered a good coach by going 10-6 and winning games in a way that isn't sustainable long term.  Dolphins will go into next season with a bunch of hype and not live up to it due to Tua being just another guy.  The difference between Tua's rookie season and Josh Allen's rookie season is the Dolphins were winning not because of Tua, but what the defense/special teams was giving him.  Josh Allen's rookie season he was a large part of why we won the games we did win.......just take a look at our record when Allen didn't start/finish games that season....1-5 without Allen and 5-5 with him.

I agree with you.  I think the hype goes away next year.

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I love this!

Jayjayb said:

Gotta love the Bills trolls... when they sucked for the better part of 25 years you don’t hear from them, then they get a taste of success and they become big time a$$holes... I grew up in Niagara Falls, Canada- been to Bills games, and I remember getting beer thrown at me when I was 13, because I was wearing a Marino jersey... grown men calling on a kid because I was a Dolphin fan- drunk and verbally aggressive, scared the crap out of my family... never experienced that in any other stadium I’ve been too...very disappointed in the loss today but I am glad I am not a part of the most ignorant, disgusting fan base in the NFL

which part do you love? Because the guy is right to complain. Going after kids is bush league.

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I agree with you.  I think the hype goes away next year.

See, I think McD has a streak of ruthless calculation in him folks overlook.  He sent the sent the 2nd best team into the division plummeting into the offseason, questioning their QB and wondering why their defence can hold up against everyone except their division archrival.  Did he mean too?  Well there's no proof, but literally nothing associated with that game benefits Miami in the short or long term... 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SDS said:

which part do you love? Because the guy is right to complain. Going after kids is bush league.

If it happened the way the guy claims it happened.  There is plenty of blame to go around as to who starts something in most altercations.  I am old enough to remember local WNY Dolphins fans rubbing it in as to the Dolphins' success during the 1970's and first half of the 1980's.  I am far from knowing the crowd scene at Orchard Park but even I know the best way to avoid an altercation is to avoid the lower bowl and am happy with the nose bleed seats.  My eyesight is good enough to take in the action from there.  Usually, the people nearby are just happy to see the game and are not falling down drunk.  If somebody is drunk and chippy then I just walk away from them and let the taunts fall to the ground.  Harder to do at some bars but then again I don't go to any bars where I do not know the scene.  Get out away from the city there are plenty of places where people are just aching to start fights.  Brawls are not my thing and I can find other things to occupy my time.  Even back during the 1980's I never got the idea of dropping 100 dollars plus per week at a bar when there are other things to do.  Again, the Ontario Dolphins fan could be legit in his complaint or he did everything possible in his power to rile up Bills fans.  Unless someone was there to see who knows who was telling the truth there.

21 minutes ago, SDS said:

Thanks you, finally.  I didnt want to start a confrontation here today but I was shocked at some of the responses to that post.

Throwing Beer at a 13 year old is not by and stretch "cool", frankly to me as a die hard Bills fan it is disgusting and embarrassing.

Bills "mafia" has a lot to be proud of like the donations to Andy Dalton, the Donations on behalf of Allens grandmother, fans showing up in freezing dark after big wins, Bills mafia invading other stadiums.                         

Acting like drunken idiots picking on visiting fans ESPECIALLY throwing beer on YOUNG kids is inexcusable.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Thanks you, finally.  I didnt want to start a confrontation here today but I was shocked at some of the responses to that post.

Throwing Beer at a 13 year old is not by and stretch "cool", frankly to me as a die hard Bills fan it is disgusting and embarrassing.

Bills "mafia" has a lot to be proud of like the donations to Andy Dalton, the Donations on behalf of Allens grandmother, fans showing up in freezing dark after big wins, Bills mafia invading other stadiums.                         

Acting like drunken idiots picking on visiting fans ESPECIALLY throwing beer on YOUNG kids is inexcusable.

It sux, but things happen everywhere.  You get 70K people in one place, many drunken... over a tribalist thing like NFL football there will be lunatics.  Especially back in the day when this guy was a kid.  I have very little interest in attending a road game decked out in Bills gear in a number of locales, specifically NE locations like Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Philly, NY, or New England.

It has toned down over the past 10-12 years to a great degree.  I take pride in our unique gameday atmosphere and always go out of my way to make an opposing fan feel welcome.  I sit in the rockpile which is the 'ghetto' and I rarely see opposing fans get any sort of 'business'.  I want these people to go to their message boards and talk about how amazing it was to watch a game in Buffalo.  My close friend is from Boston and a bus-full of his friends come in every year for the New England game and they love it (and Ill note that nobody has ever had an issue).

With that said, I hate to victim-blame... but NFL away games are not kid-friendly events.  

I will also say that this type of story is the ultimate "I know a guy" anecdotal story to put down a fanbase.  Should we stop and think/doubt that people were really throwing beer at a 13 year old?  I have been to 100+ games over 4 decades and never saw anything close to that.  Is it possible the Bills scored and people were going nuts and someone's beer splashed up and got on the kid's jacket and his dad made a giant deal out of it?  Id say that is much more likely.

Edited by May Day 10
  • Like (+1) 5

I, nor any of us here can possibly be responsible for the actions of others in a stadium of 70,000 but I really don't think any Bills fan should engage in debates about past poor fan behavior, violent or otherwise beyond agreeing that things like that shouldn't happen.  I have no interested in defending others bad behavior out of some tribal loyalty.  If some dude from Syracuse wants to be a Dolphins fan and hate the Bills because someone poured a beer on his friend, he can go right ahead.  I'll agree that's not cool but I'm not going to take responsibility for an entire fan base of millions.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

It sux, but things happen everywhere.  You get 70K people in one place, many drunken... over a tribalist thing like NFL football there will be lunatics.  Especially back in the day when this guy was a kid.  

It has toned down over the past 10-12 years to a great degree.  I take pride in our unique gameday atmosphere and always go out of my way to make an opposing fan feel welcome.  I sit in the rockpile which is the 'ghetto' and I rarely see opposing fans get any sort of 'business'.  I want these people to go to their message boards and talk about how amazing it was to watch a game in Buffalo.  My close friend is from Boston and a bus-full of his friends come in every year for the New England game and they love it (and Ill note that nobody has ever had an issue).

With that said, I hate to victim-blame... but NFL away games are not kid-friendly events.  

I will also say that this type of story is the ultimate "I know a guy" anecdotal story to put down a fanbase.  Should we stop and think/doubt that people were really throwing beer at a 13 year old?  I have been to 100+ games over 4 decades and never saw anything close to that.  Is it possible the Bills scored and people were going nuts and someone's beer splashed up and got on the kid's jacket and his dad made a giant deal out of it?  Id say that is much more likely.

I agree with nearly all that you have said.  But I will say that it is certainly possible that adult fans threw beer on a kid.  What the circumstances were leading up to that who knows.  Some people know how to handle themselves in a charged situation and some do not.  Goes for both sides.  

1 minute ago, May Day 10 said:

It sux, but things happen everywhere.  You get 70K people in one place, many drunken... over a tribalist thing like NFL football there will be lunatics.  Especially back in the day when this guy was a kid.  

If you were like me and  had a 13 yr old daughter, if she went to non-Bills stadium with a Bills jersey on and some moron threw beer on her, how would you feel?

Yes it happens every stadium but it doesnt make it right .  I have been to about 10 different stadiums but i would say Buffalo is about the most "flagrant" from my experience.

It does have the feel of a "i know a guy"  anecdotal story by to put down the Bills fanbase.  

I was always amazed at the stories i heard, assuming they are true, about Oakland and you cant go in a restroom with an opposing jersey on.  Shame on the Raiders/police for letting crap like that happen.  Put an undercover cop with an opposing jersey on and arrest the morons.

16 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

If you were like me and  had a 13 yr old daughter, if she went to non-Bills stadium with a Bills jersey on and some moron threw beer on her, how would you feel?

Yes it happens every stadium but it doesnt make it right .  I have been to about 10 different stadiums but i would say Buffalo is about the most "flagrant" from my experience.

It does have the feel of a "i know a guy"  anecdotal story by to put down the Bills fanbase.  

I was always amazed at the stories i heard, assuming they are true, about Oakland and you cant go in a restroom with an opposing jersey on.  Shame on the Raiders/police for letting crap like that happen.  Put an undercover cop with an opposing jersey on and arrest the morons.

I have kids.  I reluctantly brought my 7 year old to the Washington game last year, knowing that we would see and hear some potentially bad stuff that he has not previously been exposed to.  Lots of swearing around us.  One guy apologized to us, and I told him to go right on ahead and I wouldn't bring him to a Bills game if I wasn't prepared for that, hah.  

But decking him out in an away jersey in an opposing stadium with fans (I dont mean Tampa or Tennessee fans, but fans like Philly).... there is a risk there.  Not saying its right or justified that people act like animals... its just there should be a level of expectancy or readiness.  Its all a lottery on whether you will encounter that frothing lunatic.  If the Bills were visiting, say the Jets in a meaningful game... I would not want to attend, let alone bring my kid into that wearing the wrong 'colors'.  If we had to, and we lived near there and it was his dream to go to a Bills game and that was the only chance... then I would at least try to get in a suite or premium club seats.

Bills Stadium has improved immensely as far as behavior goes.  The texting hotline helps I guess.  There is also a heavy Erie County Sheriff presence that has increased over the years.  Any sign of trouble and they are on it. The threshold to eject (or not admit) someone is also much lower.  I also think there is an overall fan code now that some of the boorish behavior that may have been cool in the 70s, 80s, and 90s is lame now.  

Edited by May Day 10
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I love it all.

He was 13, not 5.  

Plus, I would be willing to bet he’s exaggerating....like most people do when complaining.

then you’re a bit of an ass. To each his own.

4 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Yep, a lot of the now.  

Tua might end up being a very good, highly accurate QB but he has material physical limitations and imo a very low ceiling...the antithesis of Josh Allen.

Yeah I think he definitely will get better.  I don't think he'll ever be the kind of QB Miami fans expect

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Then you’re a bit soft.

I take that back. You’re a ***** douche bag. People who would do anything to kids over sports are ***** ridiculous dickless asswipes. How’s that? 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2