Wild Stat - Not one NFL Team went 9-7 this Season

• ChevyVanMiller changed the title to Wild Stat - Not one NFL Team went 9-7 this Season

This season, especially in the AFC, there was a very small "middle tier". There were 8 teams that won 10 or more and 5 teams that won 5 or fewer. Only the Raiders, Patriots and Chargers were .500 or a game away. 

In the NFC only 5 teams had winning records. Very strange indeed. 

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

This season, especially in the AFC, there was a very small "middle tier". There were 8 teams that won 10 or more and 5 teams that won 5 or fewer. Only the Raiders, Patriots and Chargers were .500 or a game away. 

In the NFC only 5 teams had winning records. Very strange indeed. 

Well, let's hope the Pats* stay there for a long time to come.

1 hour ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

I'd bet any amount that nobody finishes 9-7 next season either.

Maybe cause I had a long day, maybe cause I’m an idiot... but I just stared at that for like 20 minutes trying to figure out why you were making such a stupid statement.....

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

Maybe cause I had a long day, maybe cause I’m an idiot... but I just stared at that for like 20 minutes trying to figure out why you were making such a stupid statement.....

I have to admit I wanted to make at least one person squint at their computer trying reason out what they were reading 😛

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

Seems like an odd thing as I could swear that 9-7 is one of the more common NFL records. Every year it seems like 3-4 teams that mark.

Yeah, usually 10-6 is good enough for a wild card lock and you end up with a handful of 9-7 hopefulls scrambling for the bottom wild cards.  When we broke the drought there were actually four 9-7 teams in the AFC all tied for the two wild card spots.

12 hours ago, The Red King said:

Yeah, usually 10-6 is good enough for a wild card lock and you end up with a handful of 9-7 hopefulls scrambling for the bottom wild cards.  When we broke the drought there were actually four 9-7 teams in the AFC all tied for the two wild card spots.

That's what is so odd to me. So many teams in the AFC won double digits (I believe 8 teams or half the conference) and the rest were below .500 with the exception of Vegas who went 8-8. Then on the NFC side of things you only had 5 teams above .500 and 2 teams at 8-8, the rest of the conference was 7 wins or less. There is usually 3-4 teams a year that fall into that bubble 9-7 spot and this year there just wasn't that team.