WR Kenny Stills said to be visiting Buffalo (no confirmation he signed)

Rubes

5 minutes ago, balln said:

sure it does. 1/3 of his plays come from slot. bills/beane just trying to get better but when beasely went down and then you hear all this WR talk and stills. then a day or two later you hear beasely is rehabbing and allen seems positive and no stills signing still. this covid process talk i dont buy. they just signed 2 WR in 48 hrs. 

Well, McD has flat out denied your theory. 

I was never worried about Beasley missing the playoffs anyway. I think Stills has more to do with Davis than Beasley. McD likely values the veteran experience over the rookie who’s still finding his way.

Edited by Bangarang

2 minutes ago, Taro Nimbus said:

and they had to go through covid protocol as well  

so the two guys that went RIGHT through to confirmed signing in 2 days ....and somehow stills still not signed due to covid protocol ? no

Just now, Bangarang said:

I was never worried about Beasley missing the playoffs. 

I think Stills has more to do with Davis than Beasley. McD likely values the veteran experience over the rookie who’s still finding his way.

anyone talking about davis. please stop. dude is like a 90% win blocker (on the LOS!). plays  runs every route. as a rookie

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Taro Nimbus said:

they had to clear protocol before confirming the signings

yes- not arguing that. but stills still hasnt cleared? when you have 2 guys that visit/workout clear and sign in 2 days. and stills hasnt - you cant chalk that up to covid protocol alone

12 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Stills primarily plays outside so I don’t think one has much to do with the other.

Might be difficult to find an 'exact' replacement for Beasley, so they might be thinking, get the best WR available right now.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, balln said:

yes- not arguing that. but stills still hasnt cleared? when you have 2 guys that visit/workout clear and sign in 2 days. and stills hasnt - you cant chalk that up to covid protocol alone

you have to have 5 consecutive negative test results, putting that at sunday or monday

4 minutes ago, balln said:

Protocol rulings changed last week. Not sure the status of the players the Bills have been dealing, but it may effect things.

Before this new ruling, a player cut or unsigned after a tryout had to wait six days to join a new club, which made it tough for teams with injuries to get someone ready to play the next week. Now they can sign with a team provided the player doesn't miss test, travels privately and then passes a rapid test.

4 minutes ago, balln said:

Nobody really noticed/cared when those guys showed up just business as usual Stills is like an actual player.

8 minutes ago, balln said:

Are you just trying to be dumb in this thread.

Read through again - there is a MANDATORY 5 day COVID testing before any FA is allowed to meet or sign with a team.  

I don’t know if Stills will sign, but stop being obstinate that the reason is because he has not signed yet.

Based upon Schefter’s tweet and 5 days - the earliest Stills can sign is Sunday or more likely Monday of next week after physicals.

Edited by Rochesterfan

2 minutes ago, Taro Nimbus said:

you have to have 5 consecutive negative test results, putting that at sunday or monday

so how have jj nelson and jennings become bills within 48 hours - or is the timeline i have wrong and theyve been thru the process last week? and now its just coming through

4 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Read through again - there is a MANDATORY 5 day COVID testing before any FA is allowed to meet or sign with a team.  

I don’t know if Stills will sign, but stop being obstinate that the reason is because he has not signed yet.

Based upon Schefter’s tweet and 5 days - the earliest Stills can sign is Sunday or more likely Monday of next week after physicals.

i guess youre not reading what im saying. yes just here trying to be "dumb" and "obstinate"

8 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

The nobodies they have signed all had to clear the same 5 day protocol - just no one marked when these guys arrived.

I don't believe that's the case anymore.  It's a little easier to sign a player now, subject to conditions. 

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, balln said:

sure it does. 1/3 of his plays come from slot. bills/beane just trying to get better but when beasely went down and then you hear all this WR talk and stills. then a day or two later you hear beasely is rehabbing and allen seems positive and no stills signing still. this covid process talk i dont buy. they just signed 2 WR in 48 hrs. 

Ballin, both those WR were guys who came in to work out last week.  So they went through their 5 day covid testing, had their physicals, and signed.

6 minutes ago, klos63 said:

I don't believe that's the case anymore.  It's a little easier to sign a player now, subject to conditions. 

That change helps the Saints sign Kumerow, but it doesn't help us with any of the guys we've signed since they are not "current in the testing cadance".  Likewise Stills, hasn't been in the testing cadence since November

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Ballin, both those WR were guys who came in to work out last week.  So they went through their 5 day covid testing, had their physicals, and signed.

ok then yea stills thing just need to keep watching. just seemed to be reporting jenning and nelson were in and signed leaving stills info in limbo. thanks!

2 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

Well, McDermott also said yesterday that the only player he was ruling out against Miami was Gilliam.  

Which only means that Gilliam is out on Sunday. Not that anyone else is in.

Edited by Warcodered