Week 16 Postgame Thread Bills @ Pats*

Chandler#81

19 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Congratulations to the Buffalo Bills who are now in the top 10 in both offense and defense as they climbed from 17 to 10 in D (345.7 yards per game) and #4 in offense (392.5 ypg).

Bills have also faced 7 out of the top 15 defenses in the League.  8 if you consider two games against the Pats.

Wow!

With the start that our defense had, that’s very impressive that they were able to get back into the top 10.

We’re hitting on all cylinders right now

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, MJS said:

I don't think he has the arm to get it to receivers anymore. Like at all.

In his hay day Newton could unload a deep pass, most of what he did was extend plays with his legs and throw deep, and he could certainly run the ball.

I don't see that ability any more; not only that, but successful QB's in today's game have to be able to make quick decisions and deliver the ball all over the field to counter the different defensive looks they will get. I don't think he ever had to develop his game to that level as he had so much success with his raw physical tools - it shows (now that the physical tools are on the decline).

Not sure, but I think Allen wandered around after the game looking for Newton for that traditional QB handshake stuff and I don't think either Newton or Stidham showed up....just all around poor losers in Baston. 

Either way Allen just seemed to shrug it off and celebrated with his teammates.

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 1

That was a game Bill would have gone for 50.  I dont know how I feel about sitting Allen and Diggs.  Part of me wants retribution.  Having Bill just stand there with Matt Barkley looking better than both his Qbs is poetic justice in its own right.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, WideNine said:

In his hay day Newton could unload a deep pass, most of what he did was extend plays with his legs and throw deep, and he could certainly run the ball.

I don't see that ability any more; not only that, but successful QB's in today's game have to be able to make quick decisions and deliver the ball all over the field to counter the different defensive looks they will get. I don't think he ever had to develop his game to that level as he had so much success with his raw physical tools - it shows (now that the physical tools are on the decline).

Not sure, but I think Allen wandered around after the game looking for Newton for that traditional QB handshake stuff and I don't think either Newton or Stidham showed up....just all around poor losers in Baston. 

To be fair to Newton his career is essentially ending. Stidham well it's not really going to start.

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

To be fair to Newton his career is essentially ending. Stidham well it's not really going to start.

I guess. You can go out as a player classy or like a pouting B word 

To each their own... I guess it beats having a guy retire in the middle of a game right?

• Haha (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

JK to JA, baby!

Apparently, your first name has to start with the letter "J" to be a first-tier QB in Buffalo:

Jack, Joe, Jim, Josh

Second place goes to the letter "D"

Daryle, Doug, Drew

Honorable mention to the letter "R"

Ryan

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, folz said:

Apparently, your first name has to start with the letter "J" to be a first-tier QB in Buffalo:

Jack, Joe, Jim, Josh

Daryle, Doug, Drew

Ryan

JP..... 😐

• Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Josh was looking for a NE QB after the game but it turns out they don't have one

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 12
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, folz said:

Jack, Joe, Jim, Josh

Daryle, Doug, Drew

Ryan

Is this why some believed in JP Losman? 🤣

• Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, WideNine said:

Not exactly trolling Fin fan sites, but some of their comments over the game were just priceless...

Miami1.JPG

Miami2.JPG

I mean it has to be infuriating to think your finally climbing out of the dog house after the big mean Pats QB is gone just to see you came in second picking the next AFC East QB.

• Like (+1) 2