Playoff Matchup Probability

cv05

8 minutes ago, Murdox said:

Well, you have to remember, the Browns were without their starting receivers and 2 starting offensive linemen last week thanks to COVID.  If they get those guys back, they will be a very different team this week.

Did you see who the Jets rolled out there? Stefanski got out coached by ...Adam gase.  I think the browns SHOULD win this week but I’m not confident. 

Yeah, but when you lose so many offensive starters right before the game, it's difficult.  I read that the Browns were actually working on the offense in the parking garage next to their hotel before the game on Sunday.  Losing two CBs is rough, but having so many losses on offense I'd argue is much worse.  We will see, but the Browns should beat the resting Steelers if they get their starters back.

In any case, I was merely addressing their chances of beating the Steelers.  I'd much rather play the Browns than the Colts on WC weekend.  That said, according to the ESPN Playoff Machine, if the Colts win, Dolphins win, Ravens win, and Titans win, we would play the Ravens on WC weekend if the Steelers win, and the Browns if the Browns win.  So I don't think we want the Steelers to win.  Go Browns.

Edited by Murdox

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Did you see who the Jets rolled out there? Stefanski got out coached by ...Adam gase.  I think the browns SHOULD win this week but I’m not confident. 

So it is not a good strategy to throw 53 times with your receivers out and not utilize your excellent rush attack? 

Classic over thinking vs going with your strength.

18 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

Didn't Rudolph get benched a few times last season because of awful play?   

he was a rookie last year who was forced to play due to injuries to top 2 QBs.

15 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

So it is not a good strategy to throw 53 times with your receivers out and not utilize your excellent rush attack? 

Classic over thinking vs going with your strength.

I get the reason to throw. No receivers. Jetspkaying 9 in the box.

what I don’t think thry did was play their RBs as WRs.

On 12/28/2020 at 10:35 AM, Bferra13 said:

True, but if Vegas knows something I'm sure the Bills intel would too. Maybe Vegas is just guessing as of now. Who knows. Seems like an awfully telling spread though.

Vegas doesn't guess. Vegas reacts to money, and people are throwing money on Miami, likely assuming that the Bills will be resting their starters. The fact that the Steelers have said Rudolph is starting likely made people think Barkley starting is more likely.

5 minutes ago, djp14150 said:

he was a rookie last year who was forced to play due to injuries to top 2 QBs.

I get the reason to throw. No receivers. Jetspkaying 9 in the box.

what I don’t think thry did was play their RBs as WRs.

Wasn't Rudolph the 2nd string QB?   When he got benched,  the 3rd string QB Duck Hodges started playing and actually looked better.  Incidentally, Duck Hodges was an undrafted rookie last year.

32 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

I very much disagree with Tomlin on this one, Steelers just stopped the bleeding and now they put their tail between their legs. One and done written all over that team with this decision.

They haven’t had a bye week all season and played something like 4 games in 20 days....the players need rest.  Look what happened to us after our bye.

3 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

I can see this decision being made 100% because their aging QB's body is breaking down and not so much for the rest of the team. Maybe a bye week is needed for mental recuperation for other players but I always see that as just coach speak. I feel that good NFL players are always mentally ready to go.

Its simply about resting their bodies.  Each team gets a bye week for a reason and the Steelers didn’t get theirs.  Then had to play more than any team in the last 4 weeks.  

Just because you see it as coach speak doesn’t make it so.  Its a very rough game physically and mentally.

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

The Jets were depleted as well.  They were playing their 3rd and 4th corners, back up safety and Quinnen Williams was out. 
They are 1-13 team using practice squad players.

The fact the Mayfield and Goff struggled against them says a lot about their abilities. Allen was injured but still moving the ball at will between the 20s against them...just couldn't get into the endzone that day. We never punted in that game.

Is there any doubt right now that if the Bills lost their WRs to COVID that Allen could still go out and win that game? I don't think so. That is what sets him apart from those others.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Boxcar said:

Vegas doesn't guess. Vegas reacts to money, and people are throwing money on Miami, likely assuming that the Bills will be resting their starters. The fact that the Steelers have said Rudolph is starting likely made people think Barkley starting is more likely.

My post was made in reference to the Steelers game before they named Rudolph the starter last Sunday night. It opened with a Browns a 7 pt favorite. You'll have to explain to me how spreads open cuz how can an opening spread react to money when there's no money put down yet?