Bills passing TD record is 33 - Will Allen break Kelly's record this year

Kelly's record  

193 members have voted

1. 1. Will Allen surpass Kelly this year?

• Yes
    • No

41 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

This needs a bump.

https://www.wkbw.com/sports/buffalo-bills/allen-sets-franchise-record-as-bills-top-steelers-26-15-extend-lead-in-afc-east

The Bills came out in the 3rd quarter and capitalized on their first drive of the half after Josh Allen found Stefon Diggs for their first offensive touchdown of the game.

The touchdown pass was Allen's 34th of the season, which tied him with Jim Kelly for the team's single season record.

But that record was short-lived. Minutes later, the Bills offense capitalized after another solid defensive stand. Allen, this time, found rookie Gabriel Davis for the 13-yard score to take a 23-7 lead, giving Allen the new franchise record for total touchdowns in a season with 35.

umm  Where did you get your info from?  your # was off by quite a bit. 

This thread isn’t updated.  At the time I created this, it was 26.

45 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

He has more TDs including rushing TDs, but is at 28 passing TDs. 

not what the articles say semantics I guess 

The touchdown pass was Allen's 34th of the season, which tied him with Jim Kelly for the team's single season record.

28 is what pro football reference shows 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

The touchdown pass was Allen's 34th of the season, which tied him with Jim Kelly for the team's single season record.

The article reflects the recent fad in the pros to count up a QBs "total touchdowns" by combining throws and runs/receptions. Bad writing of that sentence made it worse. They meant to say the TD pass was "Allen's 34th touchdown overall." Kelly had 33 throws and one TD run (against the Packers) in 1991.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

he has 6 rushing to Jim’s 1.... either way 28 is already second best, and that offense when jimbo had 33 was tops. Shows how the game has changed. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, RJ (not THAT RJ) said:

The article reflects the recent fad in the pros to count up a QBs "total touchdowns" by combining throws and runs/receptions. Bad writing of that sentence made it worse. They meant to say the TD pass was "Allen's 34th touchdown overall." Kelly had 33 throws and one TD run (against the Packers) in 1991.

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

he has 6 rushing to Jim’s 1.... either way 28 is already second best, and that offense when jimbo had 33 was tops. Shows how the game has changed. 

either way    A touchdown is a touchdown :)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I could see a big passing effort.  I thought about Allen throwing and would he be a bit off?  I didnt realize Wyoming is a third higher than Denver in elevation.  The cb issues makes the matchup too favorable to pass up.  

Recently Allen did become the team’s all-time single-season total touchdown scorer with his 35. Trimming that down to just passing touchdowns, probably the holy grail of stats for a QB in Buffalo, Allen is at 28. That’s a personal best, but in terms of the franchise record, Allen needs five more to reach Jim Kelly’s record of 33 from 1991.

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2020/12/18/josh-allen-yards-touchdowns-buffalo-bills-single-season-records/amp/

2 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

6 tds in 3 games....consider it done!

If he was for sure playing all three games he would have a very good shot... He may get 4 tomorrow with all the corners they are missing. 

Good chance he barely plays vs miami though. 

54 minutes ago, Process said:

If he was for sure playing all three games he would have a very good shot... He may get 4 tomorrow with all the corners they are missing. 

Good chance he barely plays vs miami though. 

I was just thinking about that actually - saying we win tomorrow and even against NE, do we start or have our starters go the full game?

I think we do if the Steelers continue to fall off the wagon and it comes down to that W to vie for longer homefield advantage or even a bye. Otherwise I'm not sure we do, but selfishly would love to sweep the division...

Edited by ctk232