How differently things could have worked out for the Bills

PromoTheRobot

That would have been absolutely Billsey, that would have been thirty years of no playoffs, people would have been throwing themselves off bridges.... 

That was the Rex hire where we were completely scattergun. We interviewed about 13 people. Anyone with a pulse and a headset. 

I also remember though that the one guy the Pegulas said they definitely wouldn't hire was Kyle Shanahan apparently he interviewed really poor was arrogant and condescending. Bit if spice there maybe heading into our first meeting with him as a HC next week.

Just now, jkeerie said:

I don't recall.  In fact, I don't remember Bills were interested.

I don’t remember any actual rumors about this, I was likely pundit driven click bait.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

That was the Rex hire where we were completely scattergun. We interviewed about 13 people. Anyone with a pulse and a headset. 

I also remember though that the one guy the Pegulas said they definitely wouldn't hire was Kyle Shanahan apparently he interviewed really poor was arrogant and condescending. Bit if spice there maybe heading into our first meeting with him as a HC next week.

The story I recall was Shanahan was never going to coach in Buffalo and just used that interview to drive up his price.  It wasn't that long ago the Bills were radioactive. No one decent would come within a mile of this franchise. (I just shuddered remembering that.)

Edited by PromoTheRobot

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

This is also a reminder to people who think that the team is still second rate -- that a few short years ago, nobody wanted to be HC of this team.  So we ended up with Jauron and Gailey and Ryan and Mr Bologna.  I'm actually surprised that many HC candidates were willing to chat in 2015 TBH.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

The story I recall was Shanahan was never going to coach in Buffalo and just used that interview to drive up his price.

Possible for sure. He might have been bad on purpose but the Pegulas really came away with a bad impression of him.

Kyle didn't get a job that round worth saying. He was hired the same offseason as Sean.

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Rex wasn't that much better.  He talks a good game, though.  Wouldn't mind talking football with the guy...but keep him away from my team.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The story I recall was Shanahan was never going to coach in Buffalo and just used that interview to drive up his price.

If that was his strategy then I'd have to call it an odd one.  The Bills were terrible back then, and how can you benefit from not taking an offer from a horrible team?

13 minutes ago, BubbaT said:

Can you imagine going from Rex Ryan to Adam Gase? Talk about a dystopian nightmare!

Is it ok to go from Rex Ryan to Adam Gase if you have Todd Bowles in between?  

I am asking for all the Jets Fans.  I will let all three remaining know the outcome via Instagram later.

😂

• Haha (+1) 1