Let’s consider permanently replacing Milano with Klein.

M. Wrotto

If it's an either/or situation than I am inclined to go Klein.  Klein has come on, a combination of him getting acclimated and the DC figuring out how to use him.  And I like the way the D operates when they use Klein effectively.  They have him attack.  He has made several TFL and several sacks.

While using Klein the D is now aggressive/attacking.  There seems to be more turnovers and sacks.

IMO, in complementary football if a team has a good offense, an attacking defense is better.  The bend don't break 2019 stuff was good for that mediocre offense.  It's now time for a more aggressive approach.  Klein seems to help.

13 minutes ago, Hampton Josh fan said:

Klein gives you something Milano can't,  availability.  He has been playing better every game and is better against the run and is a productive blitzer. Milano is made of glass and never plays 10 games. Klein gives a great effort and is solid. 

Milano has played over 13 games in every season outside of this one? 

If he comes back this week he will have a chance at 10 games this season. Which would mean at least 10 in everyone season he’s been in the NFL. 

1 hour ago, JGMcD2 said:

Milano has played over 13 games in every season outside of this one? 

If he comes back this week he will have a chance at 10 games this season. Which would mean at least 10 in everyone season he’s been in the NFL. 

Unfortunately, big dollar extensions need more than that, especially if you're competing for championships. 10 games and limited plays in some of those is his profile. No thank you. Move on from him.

Just now, Hampton Josh fan said:

Unfortunately, big dollar extensions need more than that, especially if you're competing for championships. 10 games and limited plays in some of those is his profile. No thank you. Move on from him.

He’s played 15 in 2 seasons. 13 in one. 5 this year. 

This is the first year he’s missed significant time. 10 games isn’t even his average if he fails to play another game this season. His seasons ends without playing another game and he averages 12 games a season. He plays the next 5 and he averages 14 games a season. 

This injury prone thing is a little strange. I’m not advocating a huge contract extension for him, but he’s also not injury prone. 10 games isn’t his profile because 1/4 seasons he played in 10 games due to injury... 

16 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

He’s played 15 in 2 seasons. 13 in one. 5 this year. 

This is the first year he’s missed significant time. 10 games isn’t even his average if he fails to play another game this season. His seasons ends without playing another game and he averages 12 games a season. He plays the next 5 and he averages 14 games a season. 

This injury prone thing is a little strange. I’m not advocating a huge contract extension for him, but he’s also not injury prone. 10 games isn’t his profile because 1/4 seasons he played in 10 games due to injury... 

As the team gets better they need their best on both sides of the ball on the  field. I am not confident Matt will  be a better option than Klein for this season and to prioritize resigning him just doesn't make sense. IR in 18 and serious Pec injury this year that killed his season. Cut bait, better options. 

22 hours ago, M. Wrotto said:

He has definitely been steady for the past month, not expensive and definitely not as injury prone as Milano.

Wrotto, Mr. Roboto.

Ive already detailed this once, but maybe you didn’t read it.

Milano 

2017.  Games available, 16, started 5.  He was a rookie and they didn’t know what they had.  Not injuries.

2018. Games available, 13, started 13.

2019. Games available 15, started 15

2020. Games available, 5, started 3.

He is not a huge injury issue.  He has been injured a bit this year, but again how many begged for us to get JJ Watt, yet he’s been out more than available.  How about Gronk?  How about ....

You can name a ton of players who have missed a ton more games percentage wise than Milano.

3 hours ago, Hampton Josh fan said:

Klein gives you something Milano can't,  availability.  He has been playing better every game and is better against the run and is a productive blitzer. Milano is made of glass and never plays 10 games. Klein gives a great effort and is solid. 

Milano is the 2nd best player on the defense and you want to replace him with a journeyman LB who will probably be out of the league in a few years? 

bills fans never cease to amaze me. 

Just now, Penfield45 said:

Milano is the 2nd best player on the defense and you want to replace him with a journeyman LB who will probably be out of the league in a few years? 

bills fans never cease to amaze me. 

What alternate universe are you  residing in where a guy who played in 2 games, got a season ending injury that he came back trying to play through, played poorly and went back on IR, and you consider him the 2nd best player on defense.  You're only a good player if you play. The Bills played their best defensive games against Seattle and the Chargers with Klein being recognized by national sports observers as playing a large role.i know you're a Milano fan, he's done in Buffalo. 

40 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Wrotto, Mr. Roboto.

Ive already detailed this once, but maybe you didn’t read it.

Milano 

2017.  Games available, 16, started 5.  He was a rookie and they didn’t know what they had.  Not injuries.

2018. Games available, 13, started 13.

2019. Games available 15, started 15

2020. Games available, 5, started 3.

He is not a huge injury issue.  He has been injured a bit this year, but again how many begged for us to get JJ Watt, yet he’s been out more than available.  How about Gronk?  How about ....

You can name a ton of players who have missed a ton more games percentage wise than Milano.

Not a huge fan of your music but props to you for landing Megan Fox. That being said, are you willing to pay 8 to 15 mil for a guy who is susceptible to injury due to his size and aggressive style. I honestly am not. We can pick up another LB in the draft for the long term and ride out the season with Klein and Milano (if available). Let’s concentrate a bit on run stuffers and QB pressure can we?

58 minutes ago, M. Wrotto said:

Not a huge fan of your music but props to you for landing Megan Fox. That being said, are you willing to pay 8 to 15 mil for a guy who is susceptible to injury due to his size and aggressive style. I honestly am not. We can pick up another LB in the draft for the long term and ride out the season with Klein and Milano (if available). Let’s concentrate a bit on run stuffers and QB pressure can we?

I find it difficult to make  business decisions before the attempt to negotiate has even begun.

No one is writing mr Milano a contract during the season. so why pester over this so ?

Matt Milano has changed games.when playing for the Bills.
He also learned from mistakes and developed his craft. Heck of a football player who give McFrazier some nice options with him on the field.

Best answer

Both

and draft.

to the OP

they are different types of LB who excel at different roles