Anyone Ordering the Tyson vs. Jones "Fight?"

Gugny

15 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

And at their age that’s well passed their bedtime. Hell its normally well beyond my bedtime as well

Yeah... but I have no obligations for the next two days other than pick the wife up at a car rental at 10 am so I'm going to check it out and then its Bills Sunday.

10 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Nate robinson knocked out cold

He went down like a wet pillow... haven't watched a fight lately other than Rousey a few years ago so it freaked me a bit.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, T&C said:

Yeah... but I have no obligations for the next two days other than pick the wife up at a car rental at 10 am so I'm going to check it out and then its Bills Sunday.

He went down like a wet pillow... haven't watched a fight lately other than Rousey a few years ago so it freaked me a bit.

That's combat sports

If you've never seen it live, at a professional level it's even scarier

I was ringside at a friend's professional fight, MMA, were he was kicked in the face and knocked unconscious.. I was ringside. It was the scariest thing I've ever seen

2 hours ago, Simon said:

It would be appear that you already have been.

Turn it off and then come back to enjoy the farewell of two of the greatest fighters to ever enter a ring.

With the undercards and the Tyson/Jones fight, I am happy with my purchase.  I did not like all of the rap music between fights, but I am a big Snoop Dogg fan and loved his commentary.  Seeing Tyson back in the ring was the icing on the cake.

30 minutes ago, Simon said:

How did Roy look?

One of my three all time favorites to watch.

Like he was fighting for his life.........gassed.........and then like a pile of mashed potatoes after Tyson worked his body for 16 minutes.  

But he was able to get a few ineffectual jabs in and win some points from one of the judges.......he's still a tactician..........he tried to hang on Tyson and tie him up but it was actually still a very entertaining fight.   

He's going to wish he was dead tomorrow though.  

5 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

He's going to wish he was dead tomorrow though.

I imagine he'll be just fine; a few million bucks buys a very respectable pile of percocet. I can just picture him spending the day chilled on the couch, watching football in a lovely oxy fog.

Iron Mike working the body by design? Sounds to me like the old lion didn't want to kill an old jaguar he respected.

56 minutes ago, Simon said:

I imagine he'll be just fine; a few million bucks buys a very respectable pile of percocet. I can just picture him spending the day chilled on the couch, watching football in a lovely oxy fog.

Iron Mike working the body by design? Sounds to me like the old lion didn't want to kill an old jaguar he respected.

Against the rules to knock your opponent out.

3 hours ago, Simon said:

No........they were REALLY going at it.  Tyson had his usual scary missed kill shots and he was bouncing around in the ring.   He looked in a lot better shape than Jones but maybe that's all Jones can do at his 51.   And Tyson did thump Jones in the face good a few times but Jones was able to get away and recover.   Jones was hugging Tyson as much as possible.....like Holyfield used to........so he got pounded in the ribs for 8 rounds.  Jones was in a lot of pain, holding his guts in and exhausted after the fight.  Tyson had barely broken a sweat........he was ecstatic at how it turned out and said he was going to do it again and Roy should too but Roy wasn't so sure at that moment.    It was fun and it wasn't an exhibition it was a real fight.   And the fight before that was entertaining too.   Nate Robinson the slam dunk champion from the Knicks against this internet punk Luke Paul.   Paul came in to Kurtis Blows' basketball........mocking Robinson.....quite hilarious.......and then proceeded to knock him down 3 times in a round and a half and the last time he was out like a light.  Some exhibition!:lol:   We didn't have to pay for it but it was definitely worth the $50 if you had a bunch of people there.

On 11/29/2020 at 1:09 AM, Simon said:

How did Roy look?

One of my three all time favorites to watch.

I, too, was a huge Jones Jr., fan back in the day.  For this fight, it looked like he knew damn well he wanted no piece of Tyson.  As another poster mentioned above, he hugged Tyson a lot.  It was nearly the entire fight.  If he'd tried going toe-to-toe with Tyson, it would have gone very badly, very quickly.  It was still fun to watch and the decision meant nothing to me going in, so the clearly bogus "draw," didn't bug me a bit.

Re: working the body, I think it was both by design and by necessity.  He could not separate himself from Jones.  I imagine that if this were a real fight that a) the ref would have done much more to keep Jones off of Tyson (physically separating, penalizing) and/or b) Tyson would have done what he had to do, i.e. push Jones away, nail him below the belt, etc., in order to create his own separation.

But those body shots were punishing.  I think if they were 3 minute rounds, Tyson would have at least knocked Jones down by the 6th or 7th round.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.