Week 11 Around the League

4 minutes ago, HomeTeam said:

I've only seen very little of Tua, but my initial thoughts is he looks good. Mobile, and gets the ball out quick.

With 3 sacks maybe needs to get rid of the ball a little quicker?

Just now, Gene1973 said:

He's small and not the prototypical constitution, this explains the media's praise. They want for him to be great. This is opposite of what they want for guys like Allen.

Allen has received heaps of praise this year, for good reason. The Allen haters in the national media (yes, even PFF) are few and far between. 

2 minutes ago, TBBills said:

TBH I think the offensive line has been a disappointment in the run blocking.

Singletary has made more amazing close quarter misses than I have seen from most RBs and those went for gains instead of what should have been losses.

Well said and true

2 minutes ago, Casey D said:

The Miami offense was far more dynamic with Fitz.  Tua may eventually be good, but he is not now.

Yeah for sure. The cliche “they’re keeping things simple for him” is an understatement with Tua. But honestly that’s probably the smartest way to go about it right now.

2 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

The national media machine.

I still see a lot of them turn on Allen very quickly, almost like they are waiting for the opportunity. Especially guys like Keyshawn Johnson.

okay. Sorry i simply don’t buy that. Maybe you’re watching certain outlets more closely than I am, but I look at a bit of everything and have seen almost nothing but praise this year, even on the very few down weeks Allen has had. I suppose there could be one or two guys out there like Keyshawn who’ll never be convinced unless Allen wins a Super Bowl.

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, HomeTeam said:

I've only seen very little of Tua, but my initial thoughts is he looks good. Mobile, and gets the ball out quick.

With 3 sacks maybe needs to get rid of the ball a little quicker?

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Gene1973 said:

Yes, but then you have to ask why the heaps of praise for other certain types of players playing the position. It's an intent thst is transpatent INO. Like sports talk has become to akin to paid news, all opinion and no facts.

I've kind of got to shrug at this.  Allen has been really good this year by and large, and that is a fact.  Tua could be good (I wish no harm on him, but as a divisional rival, I hope that he sucks), but there is zero reason to prop him up right now.  None.  Zip.  Nada.