Murray's 2 running TD's tells it all!

LB48

Both of the plays were identical.  Play-action to the back and then get Hughes to make a one-on-one decision as to who he should tackle.  He bit on the RB both times and Murray literally walked in to the end zone.

Where were the other LB's and especially where was the D-Line??  They were invisible.  It was great scouting by the Cardinals to see that weakness in our defense.

It's all pretty discouraging.

Edited by LB48
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Any other negative thoughts for us? Get them all out of your system.

As for those plays. The first was a great fake. I don't blame them. The second one they should have saw it coming. But they didn't.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 2

DE's have been getting sucked in on plays like that all year long. Why should yesterday be any different. This has been bugging me the most about this coaching staff. I haven't figured out if the coaches don't know what they are doing, or the players are dumber than a box of rocks. Either way,  things need to change soon.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, MJS said:

As for those plays. The first was a great fake. I don't blame them. The second one they should have saw it coming. But they didn't.

both fakes were great - but - -who was supposed to stop it?   

5 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

DE's have been getting sucked in on plays like that all year long. Why should yesterday be any different. This has been bugging me the most about this coaching staff. I haven't figured out if the coaches don't know what they are doing, or the players are dumber than a box of rocks. Either way,  things need to change soon.

I think the box of rocks is closer to the truth!

• Like (+1) 1

Yeah, so every other coaching staff is a bunch of idiots, too. How about, he’s freaky quick, fast and shifty and like Lamar last year, it takes some adjustment. 

I wonder about the complainers. Are they perfect in their jobs 100% of the time? I’m thinking probably not, but it doesn’t happen on national TV. The NFL is a tough business. We are getting better year over year. I’m not freaking out over a last second loss to a good team on the road, on maybe the best individual play of the entire season. 

We certainly have places we need to improve (even McD will tell you that about himself), but I like the big picture.  It still hurts, but I can get over it. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 11
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Augie said:

Yeah, so every other coaching staff is a bunch of idiots, too. How about, he’s freaky quick, fast and shifty and like Lamar last year, it takes some adjustment. 

I wonder about the complainers. Are they perfect in their jobs 100% of the time? I’m thinking probably not, but it doesn’t happen on national TV. The NFL is a tough business. We are getting better year over year. I’m not freaking out over a loss to a good team on maybe the best individual play of the entire season. 

We certainly have places we need to improve (even McD will tell you that about himself), but I like the big picture. 

Not a complainer - a realist.  With this defensive talent all over the field the big picture may be sad and frustrating.

3 minutes ago, LB48 said:

both fakes were great - but - -who was supposed to stop it?

Well I certainly saw it coming from a mile away, but that's easy for me to say sitting on my couch. But if Hughes rushed Murray instead, it would have at least force him to try to juke him and could have given time for defenders to help.

1 minute ago, MJS said:

Well I certainly saw it coming from a mile away, but that's easy for me to say sitting on my couch. But if Hughes rushed Murray instead, it would have at least force him to try to juke him and could have given time for defenders to help.

The Cardinals set that play up based on OUR defense.  It was all too easy!

3 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

Also, what the heck happens at halftime that they play so poorly in the 3rd Qtr?   I don’t know how much of anything can be done in 12 minutes, which includes the walks to and from the locker room.  Do the players take a 5 minute nap, then come out groggy?

Obviously, if the coaches are making adjustments, they’ve determined them before getting into the locker room.  Not much time to draw it up.  

2 minutes ago, LB48 said:

Not a complainer - a realist.  With this defensive talent all over the field the big picture may be sad and frustrating.

Yes, that’s what the complainers usually call it. 

It’s fair to criticize what’s truly broken, but I don’t think thats the case here or worth my continued involvement. Have a nice night. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, LB48 said:

Both of the plays were identical.  Play-action to the back and then get Hughes to make a one-on-one decision as to who he should tackle.  He bit on the RB both times and Murray literally walked in to the end zone.

Where were the other LB's and especially where was the D-Line??  They were invisible.  It was great scouting by the Cardinals to see that weakness in our defense.

I mean OK...overall I thought we did a pretty good job on them. 

This thread is pretty discouraging.

8 minutes ago, ColeB said:

Also, what the heck happens at halftime that they play so poorly in the 3rd Qtr?   I don’t know how much of anything can be done in 12 minutes, which includes the walks to and from the locker room.  Do the players take a 5 minute nap, then come out groggy?

Obviously, if the coaches are making adjustments, they’ve determined them before getting into the locker room.  Not much time to draw it up.  

Marv Levy didn't believe in adjustments. Just go play as coached!

25 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

DE is responsible for maintaining outside containment.  It's not coaching.  You learn it in Pee Wee football.

40 minutes ago, MJS said:

Meh. I watched the game. Arizona ran the same running play multiple times and the Bills couldn't stop it. You would think 2nd half adjustments would have been made. 

1 hour ago, LB48 said:

you're exactly right when it happened I told my wife that was the exact same play they fell for it again