Most 50+ yard field goals in one half?

slipkid

I mentioned this to my buddy during the game, but three 50+ yard field goals in one half has to at least tie for a record, if there is such a record.

I looked for confirmation but came up empty. Anyone more familiar than I with the NFL research interwebs have an answer?

Edited by slipkid

10 minutes ago, slipkid said:

I mentioned this to my buddy during the game, but three 50+ yard field goals in one half has to at least tie for a record, if there is such a record.

I looked for confirmation but came up empty. Anyone more familiar than I with the NFL research interwebs have an answer?

3 50+ yard FGs tied the NFL record for a game last done by Josh Scobee along with 5 others.

The only other kicker to make 3 that were 54 or longer was Kris Brown for the Texans.

Not sure if this is a record for a single half or not.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Real McNasty said:

Good for Bass regardless of record or not. The kid is coming on strong for us. 

Yep. I was really down on him early. The right hash mark thing has bugged me all season.But I’ll happily indulge in some crow if he continues this trajectory.

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Real McNasty said:

He might be the NFL record holder someday for longest kick. He looks like he could hit from 70 out there. 

His first 53 yarder that glanced off the top of the goalpost would have been good from 65....

• Like (+1) 3

20 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Looks like we finally have a legit kicker 

So......we DON’T fire everyone? This is so confusing!

His love of the right upright is confounding, but as long as they bounce in I can live with it. 

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

His first 53 yarder that glanced off the top of the goalpost would have been good from 65....

It had enough leg to maybe be good from almost 70, but it would have been wide right at that point.

Heck. It probably would have doinked the other way from 54. But hats off to him. It can’t be easy for a rookie NFL kicker from  Georgia Southern to shake off his start to the season. 

45 minutes ago, Real McNasty said:

He might be the NFL record holder someday for longest kick. He looks like he could hit from 70 out there. 

It's weird. I had full confidence he would come through on all these longs kicks. Yet I only wanted to see him for the extra point at the end.

Dude is an adventure. He's the Josh Allen kicker ha ha. Super strong leg, shaky accuracy (and it's a JOKE, I find Josh accurate atcually ha ha)

1 hour ago, Kwai San said:

The kid is BANGING that ball!!!!  The Bills have a kicker.....gotta admit I was more than a wee bit worried the first few games for sure.......

Always wanted the strongest leg kicker to ever kick and also the strongest armed QB ever... Didn't think we'd have both at the same time!

30 minutes ago, Chicharito said:

Hopefully we get to see him kick a record breaker in Denver!

80+ yarder to end the half...