Time to man up......

Westside

20 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

Trump was leading on Nov 3 with the election incomplete.  So you accept Trump?!

Actually, I believe Biden had narrow leads in AZ and NV which would have given him 270.

I seem to recall Trump stripping what few mental gears he has when he saw his lead evaporating in PA and GA and he tweeted for vote counting to stop.

Which probably sent all his advisors into panicked effort to course-correct Trump's stupidity.

He then tweeted something about vote counting needed to stop only in states where he was leading already somehow framing it as the legal thing to do...

It was the kind of the embarrassing crazy stuff I expected from Don the Con.

“As the day wore on, the day wore on him,” the adviser said. White House and campaign staff whispered among themselves. “ ‘Wow, he’s so down. He knows he’s losing.’ ”

But uncertainty crept back by dawn. When he woke, the race still not called, and his mood changed. On a phone call with the adviser, he said, “Why would I lose to Joe Biden? What’s going on?” He launched a demand — “STOP THE COUNT!” — on Twitter, but he didn’t understand that if the vote count were to stop on Wednesday morning, he’d be handing Joe Biden the presidency.

The adviser asked if he was trying to say that votes cast illegally (something that happens rarely, despite Trump’s claims) should not be counted. “He said, ‘Yeah, yeah. That’s what I mean.’ ” People knew that by “stop the count,” he didn’t mean to literally stop the count, Trump said. “No,” the adviser told him, “people think you mean stop counting. If they stopped counting, you’d lose because you’re behind.” Oh. The president asked the adviser what to say instead.

After consulting with the campaign’s lawyers, they settled on a message that claimed if the count was confined to legal votes only, he’d win, which put through the presidential tweet filter came out like this: “ANY VOTE THAT CAME IN AFTER ELECTION DAY WILL NOT BE COUNTED!” and “STOP THE FRAUD!”

6 hours ago, Big Gun said:

Jan 20 to be sworn in for a second term. You idiots just don't get it do you!

Yes, the doctors at the mental institution where the secret service will take him after he refused to leave on his own will conduct a swearing in ceremony just to calm him down long enough so they can get the straightjacket on him.  After that they will turn on the TV and make him watch President Biden's inauguration coverage and if he acts up they'll sedate him.  

22 hours ago, westside2 said:

After all the swing states are recounted (which they will be) and Trump is announced the LEGAL winner and is reelected, will you accept the results?

Remember, the election isn't officially called until December 14 when the electoral college meets.

westside2, I have no idea what you look like in real life...but that avatar is perfect for you!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I doubt the recounts will sway the election to Trump.  But I also don't see why people are so resistant to recounts unless they think there's something to hide?  All the lying and excuses aside they're simply afraid a recount count could alter the result.  However, remote that scenario might be.  Let's not BS each other any more.   

Here's the real reason people don't want recounts unless the election is extremely close, like a few hundred votes: Recounts cost a lot of taxpayer money.  They are a total waste of tax dollars & the time it takes to do them when someone has a lead of 10,000 + votes.  

Why are you so anxious to waste other people's money?  

2 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Here's the real reason people don't want recounts unless the election is extremely close, like a few hundred votes: Recounts cost a lot of taxpayer money.  They are a total waste of tax dollars & the time it takes to do them when someone has a lead of 10,000 + votes.  

Audits and recounts are automatic when the margins are slim. That margin varies state by state, but is sensible to verify against machine or clerical error.

Larger margins (which we have plenty of in this instance) have to be paid for out of the challengers funds, unless a significant error or fraud is discovered.

From the court documents I have read the GOP voting lawsuits have been REALLY poor with very little deliberation before getting tossed as having no merit.

That leaves funded recounts. It cost money to have folks go through the ballots again and to have court appointed observers...usually a couple million dollars.

I personally am not scared of recounts at all and enjoy watching this GOP throw their money away.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, WideNine said:

Audits and recounts are automatic when the margins are slim. That margin varies state by state, but is sensible to verify against machine or clerical error.

Larger margins (which we have plenty of in this instance) have to be paid for out of the challengers funds, unless a significant error or fraud is discovered.

From the court documents I have read the GOP voting lawsuits have been REALLY poor with very little deliberation before getting tossed as having no merit.

That leaves funded recounts. It cost money to have folks go through the ballots again and to have court appointed observers...usually a couple million dollars.

I personally am not scared of recounts at all and enjoy watching this GOP throw their money away.

The taxpayers in Georgia are paying for the recount, not the GOP.  Biden leads by over 14,000, too much for any recount to overcome. 

40 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

The taxpayers in Georgia are paying for the recount, not the GOP.  Biden leads by over 14,000, too much for any recount to overcome. 

In GA if election results are within .5% then any losing party can request a recount free of charge.

So, close results pretty much are universally challenged as the losing party has nothing to lose requesting it and does not have to pony up the $.

They may as well just do a recount whenever the margin is within that threshold.

Edited by WideNine
misstated percentage margin as .05% - it is .5%
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, WideNine said:

In GA if election results are within .05% then any losing party can request a recount free of charge.

So, close results pretty much are universally challenged as the losing party has nothing to lose requesting it and don't have to pony up the $.

They may as well just do a recount whenever the margin is within that threshold.

It's currently .28%, that's more than 5 times the .05% margin . 

27 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

It's currently .28%, that's more than 5 times the .05% margin . 

Sorry - that was a typo on my part that I will fix. It should be .5% in which case a recount is virtually guaranteed as the losing party will always elect to do one on the State's dime.

A losing candidate may also request a recount if the margin is less than or equal to 0.5%. This threshold was set in 2019 following the passage of H.B. 319. Georgia's official website describing its recount rules contains outdated information. There are no set deadlines for the completion of a candidate-requested recount.

7 hours ago, Plano said:

Says the guy who isn't man enough to put up $$$ and bet that ol' T-bone steak will be re-elected.

You are no man. I bet a 12 year old girl could beat you at arm wrestling.

Are you afraid? No? Put up or literally just shut the ***** up. 

7 hours ago, Kemp said:

I've offered all of them the same bet, with the cash going to charity.

They're no doubt stupid, but not that stupid.

DR actually took me up on that bet regarding this election 18 months ago.

The other day he got angry at me and called me his enemy.

I already posted his avatar publicly for all to see as well as through PM and he told me to stop PMing him.

I want to see if he switches his avatar finally by January 20th.  These people really are so far down the damn rabbit hole they're never coming out.  There's no legitimate President but Trump to them.

Morons.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, shoshin said:

Choosing not to bet is not a measure of manhood. 

But taking a bet and not delivering on that bet is. 

Yep.  That's making DR look like a little girl.

2 hours ago, TBBills said:

You all now see how Trump used you for 4 years? Trump left all you followers out to rot never once gave a ***** about his cult members.

This isn't true.  Trump cares a lot about his cult members.

They're the ones giving him money right now foolishly to fund his lawsuits while not reading the fine print that the Trump campaign can use those monies to pay off campaign debt.

Basically Trump is scamming his own supporters.  He's just that vile and they're just that foolish.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I’m nearly 59 years old, dialed in politically, speak with a diverse group of friends and associates from across the political spectrum.  I’ve certainly been paying attention for the past 25-30 years.  I’ve heard long and involved debates over excessive taxation, the cost of foreign wars of the type Biden covets, grumblings about the size of government, the incredibly high cost of govt salaries/benefit/pensions, tax giveaways for corporations and the wealthy, the devastating effects of COVID on the economy....but can’t recall a single extended discussion on the backbreaking costs of a recount on a presidential election. 

What are these costs, and where are all the people fretting over them?  On this little cross section of the American experience, most comments seem to be centered around not proceeding because they feel like their candidate won. 

In response to your question, as a stakeholder in the election and a taxpayer, I’m interested in seeing the legal challenges through and don’t really care how much it costs.  

1 hour ago, WideNine said:

It's not the GOP's money that they're spending on recounts or court suits to get 60 votes here or 27 votes there.   It's actually money from all the dumbasses they've conned into contributing to their "legal fight", which is simply a ploy to get dumbasses to put more money into Covid Donnie's pockets.

• Thank you (+1) 1