Jim Kubiak (TBN) analyzes Josh in Bills-Seahawks (since it got its own thread last week)

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/jim-kubiak-how-bills-qb-josh-allen-capped-spectacular-day-with-gold-rip-audible/article_7aed94fe-2371-11eb-b873-bf7ef699c2c9.html

"A great quote from four-time Super Bowl winning coach Chuck Noll that every football coach in America should adhere to is this: “If you want to win, do the ordinary things better than anyone else day in and day out.” Sean McDermott, Daboll and Dorsey have been preaching the “ordinary things” to Allen. 

He has improved his game in every facet, including ball security, situational awareness, physical throwing technique, footwork, ballhandling, command of protections, touch, and so much more. There isn’t a category of quarterback performance that I can find in which Allen hasn’t made significant improvements.

Many NFL players make millions of dollars playing the game that they love thanks to their tremendous natural ability. Often, these players find it difficult to allow themselves to be coached. They perhaps feel that they are the best in the world at what they do and don’t need or want anyone telling them how they can be better. This is not the case for McDermott’s Bills. He has built a culture of constant and never-ending improvement in the locker room and surrounded his moldable players with experienced mentors such as Daboll and defensive coordinator Frazier, who know how to win and teach the philosophy of winning. "

And in case they missed it:  Daboll and Josh, better change that Gold Rip call!!!!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to Jim Kubiak (TBN) analyzes Josh in Bills-Seahawks (since it got its own thread last week)

Fantastic freakin read!!  I am pumped after reading that I swear.  Every week this kid impresses me in a new way.  I love the relationship that Allen and Daboll are developing.  One thing I'd also like to point out is that Josh Allen has had the luxury of having stability at all coaching positions for him, something many young QB's that come out aren't always afforded.  And not just stability, but excellent coaching/mentoring as well.  I feel for QB's like Darnold, or even Bills qb's of the past who's careers were ruined(or never got to grow) because of instability or poor coaching.

I hope that Allen and Daboll get to play together for the next 10+ years, although we may not get to see that happen if Allen continues to shine and this offense performs like this the rest of the year.  Daboll will probably be someone else's head coach. 

But as far as right here and right now, I'm loving what we're all getting to witness.  The maturity and development of an All-Pro franchise quarterback, and a top-notch, upper echelon offensive coordinator....

I don’t subscribe, but am I the only one for whom the link doesn’t work? 

Please get to 8-2 and then take the bye week to get healthy! 

EDIT: I imagined an extra loss. I’m calling that good juju and leaving it at that! We now have a loss down the road that is already accounted for........no need to freak out!! Stay calm! 

Edited by Augie

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

I don’t subscribe, but am I the only one for whom the link doesn’t work? 

The link was OK but it wasn't an active hyperlink, you had to copy and paste it in.  I fixed.  Thanks.

Not wanting to shill, but I think they have a dirt cheap trial going on - $1 for 3 months or something like that - and between Kubiak, Mark Gaughan, and our own Kelly the Dog there's enough there to be worthwhile IMO.

For example good Mark Gaughan article about how much Allen was blitzed and how he dealt with them:

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/analysis-bills-josh-allen-gives-blitzing-defenses-more-to-worry-about/article_544d02f2-22af-11eb-b988-fb754440edcc.html

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

Please get to 8-3 and then take the bye week to get healthy! 

From your mouth to God's ears. 

With all the emotions of last week, I'm a bit worried about an emotional let-down for the Bills, even though Allen actually sounded kind of pissed at himself in his post-game presser "I took too many blitzes" "We left a lot of meat on the bone and I truly mean that."

14 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The link was OK but it wasn't an active hyperlink, you had to copy and paste it in.  I fixed.  Thanks.

Not wanting to shill, but I think they have a dirt cheap trial going on - $1 for 3 months or something like that - and between Kubiak, Mark Gaughan, and our own Kelly the Dog there's enough there to be worthwhile IMO.

For example good Mark Gaughan article about how much Allen was blitzed and how he dealt with them:

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/analysis-bills-josh-allen-gives-blitzing-defenses-more-to-worry-about/article_544d02f2-22af-11eb-b988-fb754440edcc.html

From your mouth to God's ears. 

With all the emotions of last week, I'm a bit worried about an emotional let-down for the Bills, even though Allen actually sounded kind of pissed at himself in his post-game presser "I took too many blitzes" "We left a lot of meat on the bone and I truly mean that."

Think about what a QB like Josh and a DB like White could gave as personalities.  Jalen Ramsey in a Brinks truck comes to mind.  The two we have are setting a tremendous tone for the team and it sure looks like they will both be here for a while.

We'll start to hear again (if the offense keeps this up), how Daboll will probably leave soon to be a head coach.  But I remember reading all about him when he came here.  He's from Buffalo.  He's a life long Bills fan.  This was his dream job.  To be back here finally.  Not sure if he has a family, but if he does he may very well just want to stay put.  Being a head coach may not be for everyone.  There's so many other issues to deal with - which McD seems very good at; the overall picture; while Daboll may (hopefully) be happy just being all about the offense.    Time will tell

Edited by Irish Dave
  • Like (+1) 3

Josh is becoming what many of us believed he could become, based upon his attitude, intelligence, and supreme physical abilities.  The naysayers who looked at a late-developing kid who only played in Wyoming, and who didn’t do any homework beyond “advanced stats” have been proven dead wrong.  I love it.

• Like (+1) 1