Most wins against teams with a winning record

Rubes

2 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

I love to see stats prove these downer fans wrong.  

Every game is hard. Every win is important.  There are a handful of plays every game that separate winning from losing.  

Yesterday our guy, Zimmer, made the last big play of the game.  We win. How many times did we lose to the the Pats* because they made more big plays in close games?   

The complaints about this team and McDermott are irrational.  Especially when you consider how long we waited for a winning team. 

McDermott says you have to earn the right to win.  He is correct.  When you do you should not apologize for it.  

Am I the only one who noticed Oliver being the last guy running off the field on the last drive? 

I think Zimmer was a last second decision by McD and what a decision it was.  

McDermott is an excellent coach. Excellent motivator.  Excellent at building and maintaining a winning culture.  We struck gold with him. 

It's crazy how much love WFAN and ESPN NYC radio show the Bills, they'd kill for a team , coach and GM like this and I come on here and I see alot of negativity 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Am I the only one who noticed Oliver being the last guy running off the field on the last drive? 

I think Zimmer was a last second decision by McD and what a decision it was.  

McDermott is an excellent coach. Excellent motivator.  Excellent at building and maintaining a winning culture.  We struck gold with him. 

It's crazy how much love WFAN and ESPN NYC radio show the Bills, they'd kill for a team , coach and GM like this and I come on here and I see alot of negativity 

Yes indeed.  McDermott is very well respected around the league.  I’m so glad we have him and Beane.  I would run the team using the Pittsburgh model and keep them a long time because they will win.  Just a matter of time on that.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mango said:

McD is 32-27 as HC. So we are 8-26 if we are not leading at the half? 

I am about as surprised at how good we are leading at the half as I am at how bad we are at winning a game without the lead at half time. 

Tyrod Taylor 

Nate Peterman 

(two mistakes long gone)

Then he had a raw rookie (who very few has any faith in) who had Zay Jones and Bob Foster as his #1 and #2 WR’s.  

15 minutes ago, Mango said:

Just checked quick on my phone, it looks like of our 11 GWD we’ve been leading at the half in 7 or 8 of them. 

For whatever reason the 3Q is the worst for us. 

With 8, count them 8   4th QRT comebacks 

Just now, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Tyrod Taylor 

Nate Peterman 

(two mistakes long gone)

Then he had a raw rookie (who very few has any faith in) who had Zay Jones and Bob Foster as his #1 and #2 WR’s.  

Most of Joshs GWD were games where we already had the lead. That includes all 3 this year. Both loses we were losing at the half. Using TT, NP, and a receiving Corp from 2 years ago isn’t playing out that way at the moment. 

6 minutes ago, Mango said:

Most of Joshs GWD were games where we already had the lead. That includes all 3 this year. Both loses we were losing at the half. Using TT, NP, and a receiving Corp from 2 years ago isn’t playing out that way at the moment. 

By definition 

GWD a game-winning drive is the offensive scoring drive in the fourth quarter or overtime that puts the winningteam ahead for the last time. 

Meaning the score had to be tied or close enough to put the game away. 

Not having a true # 1 and 2 WR does matter. 

Tyrod didn’t throw with anticipation. 
He waited for the safe pass to happen or he ran to be “safe”.  

7 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

By definition 

GWD a game-winning drive is the offensive scoring drive in the fourth quarter or overtime that puts the winningteam ahead for the last time. 

Meaning the score had to be tied or close enough to put the game away. 

Not having a true # 1 and 2 WR does matter. 

Tyrod didn’t throw with anticipation. 
He waited for the safe pass to happen or he ran to be “safe”.  

Right, in order to have a game winning drive, you have to be not winning at some point. I think we all get that. To the point of the stat we are talking about, the Bills being 23-1 when leading at half time, and inversely being 8-26 when tied or worse at the half. That stat line actually carries through regardless of the point you are making about Peterman, Tyrod, WR corp. I am not saying those things don't matter to the success of the team, but we have shuffled that situation around a ton and seeing the same results. 

7 or 8 of JA's 11 GWD come after leading at the half. We have not won a single game after being down at half time in 2020. This is probably the best the offense has been in McD's tenure and it is the best that Josh has played so far over 8 games. Our lack of being able to put together a 3rd quarter is biting us in the ass. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

For what it's worth.... If the Dolphins and Raiders both lose this week the Bills would only have 1 win against a team with a winning record. 

Oh jeez, and have a bye, then SEA and TB. And then what if the Dolphins and Raiders go 1-1-1 over that stretch, and everybody we play is stuck at .500. We could have the worst NFL super power ever. The midas touch, except everything the Bills touch turns into a team coached by Jeff Fisher. 

Unrelated, Lindy Ruff would sometimes drive me bonkers (miss him now). The guy could take any 5 goal scorer in the league and turn him into a 20 goal scorer. He could also take a 40 goal scorer and turn him into a 20 goal scorer. It was a gift really. 

3 hours ago, Mango said:

McD is 32-27 as HC. So we are 8-26 if we are not leading at the half? 

I am about as surprised at how good we are leading at the half as I am at how bad we are at winning a game without the lead at half time. 

There are probably some tied games at the half too.

8 hours ago, Mango said:

Right, in order to have a game winning drive, you have to be not winning at some point. I think we all get that. To the point of the stat we are talking about, the Bills being 23-1 when leading at half time, and inversely being 8-26 when tied or worse at the half. That stat line actually carries through regardless of the point you are making about Peterman, Tyrod, WR corp. I am not saying those things don't matter to the success of the team, but we have shuffled that situation around a ton and seeing the same results. 

7 or 8 of JA's 11 GWD come after leading at the half. We have not won a single game after being down at half time in 2020. This is probably the best the offense has been in McD's tenure and it is the best that Josh has played so far over 8 games. Our lack of being able to put together a 3rd quarter is biting us in the ass. 

What you said is true. 

Talent does matter.  Look at what adding Diggs alone did for the Bills.

As some mentioned - Hero Ball by Josh.  Forcing things when training.  He's improved in that regard in the last 2 seasons. 

One point I didn't make prior.   --- How many other coaches are better than 8-26 when tied or behind at the half?  

2017 to 2019 

The Ravens 0 - 14

The Texans 4 - 18

Do we need to see better?  Sure.  but still.  The Bills are not THE worst 

It's not like we are the Falcons. 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Like (+1) 1

Rams and Raiders and Fins. Wow what an accomplishment. 

But we got mopped by the Titans and Chiefs. 

Does that say contender?

Nope. Beat the Seahawks, Beat the Cardinals, then we can have a conversation.

Until then this is a team that can MAYBE sneak one win in the playoffs.

Edited by Ramza86