Jump to content

Gilmore Selling his home


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Broke: Patriots running the division Woke: Patriots are the new Jets Bespoke: Patriots are the old Patriots  

There are rumblings coming out of New England that Gilmore is doing he same thing there he was doing here...ie, trying to protect himself from injury and not really playing as hard as he could or putt

yeah, but which “city”? The mystery continues....

5 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:


yeah, but which “city”? The mystery continues....

Apparently you don't know "the city" is slang for New York City. I can remember many a time at UB when heard "the city" from co-students in their new yawk or long island accents talk about it ad nauseam.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Apparently you don't know "the city" is slang for New York City. I can remember many a time at UB when heard "the city" from co-students in their new yawk or long island accents talk about it ad nauseam.

Well yes normally, if one is in vicinity of NYC.  obviously here he’s referring to Boston. Unless he isn’t. 

  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Well yes normally, if one is in vicinity of NYC.  obviously here he’s referring to Boston. Unless he isn’t. 

 

Fixborough to NYC: 3 hr 40 min (205 miles)

UB to NYC: 6 hr 7 min (372 miles)

 

Fixborough is more in vicinity of NYC than UB.

Edited by Limeaid
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

 

Fixborough to NYC: 3 hr 40 min (205 miles)

UB to NYC: 6 hr 7 min (372 miles)

 

Fixborough is more in vicinity of NYC than UB.

Ok ... what does UB have to do with it. I’m confused. Isn’t it clear he’s referring to Boston 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

Apparently you don't know "the city" is slang for New York City. I can remember many a time at UB when heard "the city" from co-students in their new yawk or long island accents talk about it ad nauseam.

 

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Well yes normally, if one is in vicinity of NYC.  obviously here he’s referring to Boston. Unless he isn’t. 

 

22 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

 

Fixborough to NYC: 3 hr 40 min (205 miles)

UB to NYC: 6 hr 7 min (372 miles)

 

Fixborough is more in vicinity of NYC than UB.

 

UB is not in vicinity of NYC.  Boston is closer to NYC than UB.  Students went to UB to be as far as possible from NYC and still have in state tuition so mommy and daddy would pay for.  I remember a picture showing area of damage of nuclear bomb. Boston would have major impact from it but WNY no.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Limeaid said:

 

 

 

UB is not in vicinity of NYC.  Boston is closer to NYC than UB.  Students went to UB to be as far as possible from NYC and still have in state tuition so mommy and daddy would pay for.  I remember a picture showing area of damage of nuclear bomb. Boston would have major impact from it but WNY no.

Obviously 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

You can only listen to that Boston accent for so long then you just have to move. We were talking about who has the most annoying accent at the Bowling alley last week and it was Boston in a landslide. 


There are a number of southern accents that make me want to jam a fork in my ear. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:


There are a number of southern accents that make me want to jam a fork in my ear. 

I hear ya on that, Boston and some nasally NYC accents are right up there with what you said 😁

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

Apparently you don't know "the city" is slang for New York City. I can remember many a time at UB when heard "the city" from co-students in their new yawk or long island accents talk about it ad nauseam.

 

Oh man, this. So much this.

 

”Where are you from?”

 

”The City.”

 

“Oh, cool, which part?”

 

”Well, like, 45 minutes outside The City...”

 

”So, Long Island??”

 

”Yeah, but, like I go to The City all the time.”

 

I probably had that conversation a thousand times at UB 😂 

  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...