Gilmore Selling his home

Just now, Don Otreply said:

Just love to see the pats in disarray, it’s like the smell of napalm in the morning..., it smells like victory...

mmmmm glimore going to want to show the world how good he is sunday.. If hes still with the Pats sunday,he will remind them what they will miss. On the other hand.. antagonizing that temper of his may be to easy this game

1 minute ago, PrimeTime101 said:

mmmmm glimore going to want to show the world how good he is sunday.. If hes still with the Pats sunday,he will remind them what they will miss. On the other hand.. antagonizing that temper of his may be to easy this game

Nah, Gilmore won’t want to hurt himself for a team he doesn’t want to be a part of, that and the trade will be incumbent on a healthy player.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

There are rumblings coming out of New England that Gilmore is doing he same thing there he was doing here...ie, trying to protect himself from injury and not really playing as hard as he could or putting himself in some compromising positions on tackles.  Teddy Brushci brought this up, apparently he still is on radio there and has connections with people on the team and he said this is a real concern and that he noticed it on tape even before they brought it up in conversations...

Pats have been trying to trade him multiple times in the offseason but didn't get compensation they deemed worthy.

Gilmore is a mercenary...he isn't a player you can rely on to be part of the team concept for more than a few years.

Well then run some WR screens and have Feliciano give him a love tap.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PrimeTime101 said:

hes listed with an ankle injury though

It’s a case of the dreaded Spain foot soreness.... 😁

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Process said:

Is there a reason the pats would trade their best defensive player? I don't get it. Surely they are not ready to tank and give up on the season.

I think they wait to see how this game Sunday goes. They win and they might as well be the co-favorites with us to take the division despite our current lead on them. We just need to get a split against them but they likely need to sweep us.

16 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Only a couple of those guys have fallen off after they left... Belichick isn't as smart when it comes to player evaluation. Just look at most of his drafts.

With the exception of WR. He either doesn’t value the position as highly, or it’s the one blind spot in the scouting department.

20 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Only a couple of those guys have fallen off after they left...

Really?

Seymour had 2 more Pro Bowl seasons out of 4 and then was out of the league

Milloy had 0 more Pro Bowl seasons and was a shell of his former self by the time he left Buffalo 3 years later

Logan Mankins played 2 more seasons making 1 Pro Bowl then retired

Nate Solder has been an absolute dumpster fire for the Giants

Jamie Collins is on his 3rd team after getting traded by New England the first time (one of those teams being New England again who then let him go again)

Ty Law had one great season with the Jets one good season with KC then fell off the planet

Gostkowski is currently having the worst year of his career

Welker caught 118 balls his last year in New England which is only 18 less than he caught in the remainder of his career combined

Vinatieri is an exception in performance but not in salary. The Patriots spent a total of 11.4M salary cap dollars on Vinatieri in 10 seasons. The Colts spent 39.7M cap dollars on him over  the next 14 years. BB replaced him with the aforementioned Gostkowski who costs almost exactly the same amount as Vinatieri over those same 14 years except Gostkowski was better statistically while kicking outside.

Brady is still excellent but does anyone think that will last longer than a year or two?

Gronkowski had a good game Sunday but is still a shadow of his former self. Again, do you see a long excellent career for him in Tampa?

Edited by That's No Moon
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Let me guess, some team like Seattle will pull money out their *** and sign yet another good football player

This is really getting old

I don't think they have any draft picks left after Jamaal Adams and Dunlap. :lol:

12 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

It’s a case of the dreaded Spain foot soreness.... 😁

You know if it were any other player with a name like Jones, roberts, etc it wouldn't have worked, but first time I read your post, thought it said "stained foot...."

PS I see I'm about 100 miles south of you in Wilmington NC

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Billzgobowlin said:

I find it interesting the Patriots are 2-4 and all of a sudden Gilmore is no longer considered the best CB.  

I never thought Gilmore or White were top 10 CB’s but they are now both paid in the top 3.

8 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Really?

Seymour had 2 more Pro Bowl seasons out of 4 and then was out of the league

Milloy had 0 more Pro Bowl seasons and was a shell of his former self by the time he left Buffalo 3 years later

Logan Mankins played 2 more seasons making 1 Pro Bowl then retired

Nate Solder has been an absolute dumpster fire for the Giants

Jamie Collins is on his 3rd team after getting traded by New England the first time (one of those teams being New England again who then let him go again)

Ty Law had one great season with the Jets one good season with KC then fell off the planet

Gostkowski is currently having the worst year of his career

Welker caught 118 balls his last year in New England which is only 18 less than he caught in the remainder of his career combined

Vinatieri is an exception in performance but not in salary. The Patriots spent a total of 11.4M salary cap dollars on Vinatieri in 10 seasons. The Colts spent 39.7M cap dollars on him over  the next 14 years. BB replaced him with the aforementioned Gostkowski who costs almost exactly the same amount as Vinatieri over those same 14 years except Gostkowski was better statistically while kicking outside.

Brady is still excellent but does anyone think that will last longer than a year or two?

Gronkowski had a good game Sunday but is still a shadow of his former self. Again, do you see a long excellent career for him in Tampa?

Barring injury I can see Brady playing 4 more years at his current level of play which is amazing right now. Patriots made a huge mistake letting Brady go, thank you Belicheat.

• Like (+1) 1