Does Josh Allen remind anybody of much more athletic former Bills QB?

DBilz2500

16 hours ago, WhoTom said:

Bledsoe was pretty much a classic pocket passer.

Allen is not.

16 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Not even close.

During his 14 year career Drew had 764 yards rushing and was sacked for 3135 yards.

Josh in less than 2 1/2 years has 1284 yards rushing and 521 in sack yards.

Drew was a statue.

That’s why the OP added “much more athletic”.

Sorry it’s annoying when people ignore parts of what was said to make an argument when the part they’re arguing was already acknowledged. 

16 hours ago, Like A Mofo said:

I actually do see some comparisons between the 2.

I actually have another modern comparison to Josh Allen:

Eli Manning.

Manning would make some plays that make you shake your head, but he was big in big games when he needed to be and was a better leader then most give him credit for.

I've been saying that for 2 years. I totally agree. Eli was a career 60% passer, would have some terrible drives, and then come through in the clutch. And he was good enough to beat Brady twice in the Super Bowl. 

17 hours ago, DBilz2500 said:

Maybe the last two losses have muddled my mind but does josh Allen remind anybody of a much more athletic “in his prime” Drew Bledsoe? Both are/were  big bodied players with big arms, scatter shot accuracy with the ability at any time to either have a 400 yard game or a stinker like last night. Drew was a guy that was always so close to being “The Guy” and was even capable of a few playoff wins with the right circumstances and players around him. He was one of those QBs that was always just good enough not to move on from but never quite good enough to be that elite, carry a team on his back Super Bowl winning QB. Is this the type of player that Allen may end up being? Flame away 

The words "Bledsoe" and "athletic" were never uttered in a sentence unless athletic was prefaced with "isn't." In fact Drew's footwork and running often drew comparisons to Frankenstein.

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Sorry it’s annoying when people ignore parts of what was said to make an argument when the part they’re arguing was already acknowledged. 

LOL, sorry you are annoyed.  I watched both QBs entire careers and they have polar opposite styles.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Drew Brees reminds me of a far more accurate version of Brett Favre with way less arm strength, who plays a methodical style of play instead of sandlot, who is less athletic, is more injury prone, but probably smarter.

Besides that though, same

image.jpeg.ccc65355d4ddeacf2699b147becb0007.jpeg

Edited by BullBuchanan

49 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

LOL, sorry you are annoyed.  I watched both QBs entire careers and they have polar opposite styles.

And that’s why the op put in “much more athletic”. He’s talking about a hypothetical situation not that Bledsoe is exactly like Allen. It’s simple reading comprehension

19 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Drew Brees reminds me of a far more accurate version of Brett Favre with way less arm strength, who plays a methodical style of play instead of sandlot, who is less athletic, is more injury prone, but probably smarter.

Besides that though, same

image.jpeg.ccc65355d4ddeacf2699b147becb0007.jpeg

Nobody said exactly the same though. He said it reminds him of bledsoe with more athleticism.

I guess what I meant to say was people that have no reading comprehension are annoying(which is a large majority of the people that replied here)

1 minute ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

And that’s why the op put in “much more athletic”. He’s talking about a hypothetical situation not that Bledsoe is exactly like Allen. It’s simple reading comprehension

I should of not even replied to the OP.  It's "hypothetical" threads like these (especially after losses) that get tiresome.

You are right and I am wrong.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

I didn't ignore anything; I just pointed out that they have very different playing styles. Adding "much more athletic" to the original question doesn't change that fact. It's like asking, "Does a Maserati Levante remind you of a much faster Ford Focus?"

Besides the athleticism:

• Josh is an improviser; Drew wasn't.
  • Josh plays like a kid at the sandlot, but at a professional level. Drew was always a cool-headed, mature QB, without the youthful qualities.
  • Josh takes chances; Drew, for the most part, played it safe.

42 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

I didn't ignore anything; I just pointed out that they have very different playing styles. Adding "much more athletic" to the original question doesn't change that fact. It's like asking, "Does a Maserati Levante remind you of a much faster Ford Focus?"

Besides the athleticism:

• Josh is an improviser; Drew wasn't.
  • Josh plays like a kid at the sandlot, but at a professional level. Drew was always a cool-headed, mature QB, without the youthful qualities.
  • Josh takes chances; Drew, for the most part, played it safe.

Fords and maseratis are both trash, so poor example. But that’s not what it’s like. It would be like saying a Ford Focus(bledsoe)added a Tune, some type of supercharger/turbo and performance parts(Athleticism) Is now Similar to the trash Maserati.

i don’t really care about the comparison. Just pointing out how dumb it is to argue that he didn’t run when the op already said if you add athleticism. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

2 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Fords and maseratis are both trash, so poor example. But that’s not what it’s like. It would be like saying a Ford Focus(bledsoe)added a Tune, some type of supercharger/turbo and performance parts(Athleticism) Is now Similar to the trash Maserati.

Way to ignore the rest of my post. 😉

I see what you mean in terms of arm strength and size, but the style of play and athleticism is completely different.  Bledsoe was an interception machine his first few years in the league.

I also see what people are saying in terms of Favre, the arm, and the sandlot routine, but again interceptions.   For all the bad Josh can bring to the table he limits his bad decision making.  

The only two guys that come to mind when I think of comparisons for Josh are Carson Wentz and Cam Newton.  In fact, I think those two players combined are essentially Josh Allen.

People are down on Wentz, and I think its apt, but prior to the knee injury he was well on his way to being elite.   If you look at what Newton did in his first three years in the league he is almost identical with Josh.   

23 hours ago, BillsFanSD said:

I liked Drew Bledsoe and I like Josh Allen.  Those two guys have basically nothing in common besides they both happen to play the QB position.

Bledsoe and Allen have similar size and Bledsoe had plenty of arm.  Otherwise, I agree.  Athleticism and playing style are night and day different.

On 10/20/2020 at 6:14 PM, DBilz2500 said:

Maybe the last two losses have muddled my mind but does josh Allen remind anybody of a much more athletic “in his prime” Drew Bledsoe? Both are/were  big bodied players with big arms, scatter shot accuracy with the ability at any time to either have a 400 yard game or a stinker like last night. Drew was a guy that was always so close to being “The Guy” and was even capable of a few playoff wins with the right circumstances and players around him. He was one of those QBs that was always just good enough not to move on from but never quite good enough to be that elite, carry a team on his back Super Bowl winning QB. Is this the type of player that Allen may end up being? Flame away 

OMG!🤦‍♂️ Turn in your posting privileges card. NEVER touch a keyboard again.