Big Tech/Social Media Censorship. Musk: Blackmailing Advertisers Can ***** Off.

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

👆🤡

Peasants for billionaires 

I’ll never understand why the concept of someone becoming a billionaire is so repulsive to you. In the vast majority of cases they’ve made your life far better by the service/product that they provide and/or invented.

(unless they just happened to win the most recent PowerBall)

Why they hate him.

elonlol-600x600.jpg

The left wants feudalism, and Elon’s giving them capitalism.

Which is their worst nightmare because under capitalism, it is necessary to produce something of value.

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

27 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’ll never understand why the concept of someone becoming a billionaire is so repulsive to you. In the vast majority of cases they’ve made your life far better by the service/product that they provide and/or invented.

(unless they just happened to win the most recent PowerBall)

Where did I ever say I have a problem with billionaires? Some of my closest friends are billionaires. As a matter of fact, one of those families is building our new stadium.

1 minute ago, BillStime said:

Where did I ever say I have a problem with billionaires? Some of my closest friends are billionaires. As a matter of fact, one of those families is building our new stadium.

Thanks for clarifying, but when you describe other people as “peasants” it connotes a disdain for those that are billionaires. No? 

18 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Thanks for clarifying, but when you describe other people as “peasants” it connotes a disdain for those that are billionaires. No? 

No. I have issues with ignorant freaks who purposely promote manipulated and fake news to brainwashed people who fail to realize they are nothing more than pawns who think they are winning by creating chaos that benefits BILLIONARIES... ala @Deranged Rhino clones @BillsFanNC; @Brueggs; etc.

7 minutes ago, BillStime said:

No. I have issues with ignorant freaks who purposely promote manipulated and fake news to brainwashed people who fail to realize they are nothing more than pawns who think they are winning by creating chaos that benefits BILLIONARIES... ala @Deranged Rhino clones @BillsFanNC; @Brueggs; etc.

When are you going to figure out that EVERYONE is promoting their own interests. Everyone! Both ‘peasants’ and billionaires. That doesn’t make anyone either evil or a ‘freak’. It makes them human. 

31 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Twitter is awesome because you pick the content you want. 

Im not sure why people complain. It’s pretty straightforward. 

It's not people, it's libs.  And no longer is Twitter silencing opposing viewpoints and that's what they hate the most.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Doc said:

It's not people, it's libs.  And no longer is Twitter silencing opposing viewpoints and that's what they hate the most.

I see all sides complaining.

Not being allowed to speak on someone else’s platform is not silencing. Your 1st amendment is not infringed if you can’t use twitter.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

35 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I see all sides complaining.

Not being allowed to speak on someone else’s platform is not silencing. Your 1st amendment is not infringed if you can’t use twitter.

You're right.  Your 1st amendment rights are not violated if Twitter censors or bans you.

It's also not free speech and it absolutely is silencing  They have been and are now currently free to ban, "fact check" and censor any speech they wish.  Just own it and don't call yourself a free speech platform when you do.

Censoring the Hunter Biden laptop story that was always real went beyond individual free speech into violating freedom of the press and election interference.

I'll also add that they do get into violating the first amendment when they coordinate with the government to fact check and censor speech.  

For example:

Edited by BillsFanNC
  • Like (+1) 1

https://www.wsj.com/articles/elon-musk-says-twitter-has-had-massive-revenue-drop-11667573127?st=rdq3obi5s7p6gdm&reflink=article_copyURL_share
So it turns out that you can run a content-moderated social media site and bring in a lot of money from advertisers, OR you can run a free-wheeling, anything goes social media site as a public service. 

"Content-moderated"

:lol:

You leftists can never own it. 

Censorship.  Just say you like censoring people who don't share your worldview. I know, that would require honesty. Big ask.

And who didn't see this coming? 

I can promise you Elon Musk did. Now he doesn't have to lay people off because they are political hack pro-censorship fascists. He can do it because advertisers, pro censorship fascists, cut his revenue.

• Like (+1) 1

One of the downsides of moving fast and breaking things is you might end up breaking the law…

Twitter sued over short-notice layoffs as Elon Musk's takeover rocks company

“"Twitter is now engaged in conducting mass layoffs without providing the required notice under the federal WARN Act," the lawsuit says, referring to the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act that requires 60-day notice for certain plant closings or mass layoffs.”

44 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

"Content-moderated"

You leftists can never own it. 

Censorship.  Just say you like censoring people who don't share your worldview. I know, that would require honesty. Big ask.

And who didn't see this coming? 

I can promise you Elon Musk did. Now he doesn't have to lay people off because they are political hack pro-censorship fascists. He can do it because advertisers, pro censorship fascists, cut his revenue.

Censorship goes on everywhere. The problem is people believe what they want to believe. Truth never matters. Truth is whatever you believe it to be.

All media is censored. In the past all politicians were censored but that is changing. I say for the worse. The general public can’t handle all this information brought to us by the internet and social media platforms. No one knows what’s real or fake. It’s dangerous.

I promise you, both sides are doing it. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Censorship goes on everywhere. The problem is people believe what they want to believe. Truth never matters. Truth is whatever you believe it to be.

All media is censored. In the past all politicians were censored but that is changing. I say for the worse. The general public can’t handle all this information brought to us by the internet and social media platforms. No one knows what’s real or fake. It’s dangerous.

I promise you, both sides are doing it. 

No doubt both sides do it where they can.  Twitter, until recently was a place to primarily censor right of center views and media. Unquestionably the case.

We are in a brave new world with social media and constant information at our fingertips.  People will ultimately believe what they want, but it's important to have a level playing field, free from algorithmic throttling, promoting or outright censoring coverage. 

A level playing field that lets the marketplace of ideas and biased coverage from both sides inform, thereby allowing people to come to believe whatever they want to believe in a fair access landscape populated by media charlatans on both sides.

3 minutes ago, B-Man said:

IT’S A START: 

Musk to cut half of Twitter jobs and end remote work for the rest, report says.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2022/11/report-musk-to-lay-off-50-of-twitter-staff-reverse-work-from-home-policy/

Not allowing them to work remotely will cull another 25%.  I can't tell you how many people I know or have talked to who immediately began looking for another job or just up and quit when their company asked them to come back to work in the office.

8 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

No doubt both sides do it where they can.  Twitter, until recently was a place to primarily censor right of center views and media. Unquestionably the case.

We are in a brave new world with social media and constant information at our fingertips.  People will ultimately believe what they want, but it's important to have a level playing field, free from algorithmic throttling, promoting or outright censoring coverage. 

A level playing field that lets the marketplace of ideas and biased coverage from both sides inform, thereby allowing people to come to believe whatever they want to believe in a fair access landscape populated by media charlatans on both sides.

It is 100% level. It’s capitalism at its finest. 

8 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

The NY Post's censored October 2020 Hunter Biden laptop story says it's just a wee bit shy of the 100% level.

Awe, who we going to blame today for the defeat of the worst President in United States history?

the-goon-prize-wheel.gif

lolz

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Why does it matter? It’s still out there for anyone that wants to find it. 

What does it matter?  Ummm they brute censored a story in the weeks before a Presidential election from all social and legacy media.  It certainly wasn't "easy to find" you know...before the election or something.

Also a bit ironic that I have to link to GG's analysis of the brute censorship and outright lie that the Biden laptop was "russian disinformation" on Rumble...because YouTube censors it.

Censoring censorship coverage.  Rich.

https://rumble.com/vmteq5-new-proof-emerges-about-the-hunter-biden-laptop-a-definitive-account-of-the.html

11 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

What does it matter?  Ummm they brute censored a story in the weeks before a Presidential election from all social and legacy media.  It certainly wasn't "easy to find" you know...before the election or something.

Also a bit ironic that I have to link to GG's analysis of the brute censorship and outright lie that the Biden laptop was "russian disinformation" on Rumble...because YouTube censors it.

Censoring censorship coverage.  Rich.

https://rumble.com/vmteq5-new-proof-emerges-about-the-hunter-biden-laptop-a-definitive-account-of-the.html

Are they the only media outlet? It was talked about everywhere. I knew about it and never tried searching for it.

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Are they the only media outlet? It was talked about everywhere. I knew about it and never tried searching for it.

And how was it talked about?  That it was russian disinformation.  A blatant lie.  That's what you heard everywhere...a blatant lie.

12 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

And how was it talked about?  That it was russian disinformation.  A blatant lie.  That's what you heard everywhere...a blatant lie.

The left called it disinformation and the right was pushing for an investigation. It’s all the right talked about. 

Hunter Biden was everywhere. Even brought up in debates.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

The left called it disinformation and the right was pushing for an investigation. It’s all the right talked about. 

Hunter Biden was everywhere. Even brought up in debates.

The NY Post broke a story that raised serious questions about a Presidential candidate and his potential financial  entanglements with foreign governments through his son. In October 2020.

The story, AT THE TIME, was verified. The emails reported from the story were verified. They were real. It was true.

Immediately two things happened:

1. The NY Post's story was banned and sharing was banned on Facebook and Twitter. The NY Posts Twitter account was suspended.

2. 50 former IC officials signed a letter in which they acknowledge that they have no actual proof that the story is Russian disinformation, just that their experience tells them that it could be. Right.

So nobody could see or share the NY Post confirmed true reporting, and now legacy media outlets began running with the story based on a letter, that explicitly stated there was no proof for, that the laptop story was Russian disinformation. 

So everyone got the fake story 24/7.

Censoring and lying is a fantastic propaganda 1-2 punch, ain't it?

Good to know you're good with all that.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

The NY Post broke a story that raised serious questions about a Presidential candidate and his potential financial  entanglements with foreign governments through his son. In October 2020.

The story, AT THE TIME, was verified. The emails reported from the story were verified. They were real. It was true.

Immediately two things happened:

1. The NY Post's story was banned and sharing was banned on Facebook and Twitter. The NY Posts Twitter account was suspended.

2. 50 former IC officials signed a letter in which they acknowledge that they have no actual proof that the story is Russian disinformation, just that their experience tells them that it could be. Right.

So nobody could see or share the NY Post confirmed true reporting, and now legacy media outlets began running with the story based on a letter, that explicitly stated there was no proof for, that the laptop story was Russian disinformation. 

So everyone got the fake story 24/7.

Censoring and lying is a fantastic propaganda 1-2 punch, ain't it?

Good to know you're good with all that.

You know what won’t happen? After the right takes power nothing will happen. Maybe some hearings for the masses.

No one cared. No one will care after the Right is voted back into power. It’s all about creating outrage. 

38 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

You know what won’t happen? After the right takes power nothing will happen. Maybe some hearings for the masses.

No one cared. No one will care after the Right is voted back into power. It’s all about creating outrage. 

Right. Thanks for playing.

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Close….it’s mostly about retaking power. None of these people (on either side of the aisle) want anything else. Oh sure, they may hold a hearing or two, but all in hopes of swaying votes, as opposed to shining a flashlight on actual corruption, lest that light shine back on them one day.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

One of the downsides of moving fast and breaking things is you might end up breaking the law…

Twitter sued over short-notice layoffs as Elon Musk's takeover rocks company

“"Twitter is now engaged in conducting mass layoffs without providing the required notice under the federal WARN Act," the lawsuit says, referring to the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act that requires 60-day notice for certain plant closings or mass layoffs.”

No matter.  Elon will get billions more when he sues the former Twitter leadership for lying about membership.