Big Tech/Social Media Censorship. Musk: Blackmailing Advertisers Can ***** Off.

20 hours ago, DRsGhost said:

Musk acquiring Twitter and potentially snowballing his efforts into some free speech" counter-movement would be a massive kick in the balls for the censorship crowd.  I doubt he's going to be allowed to pull this off without incurring the wrath of various government agencies and regulators along with pontificating from lots of characters and media outlets about the dangers of the world's richest man taking control of Twitter and how that's a threat to democracy.  Not a threat to freedom.  They won't ever utter that word.  But a threat to their definition of democracy where "the people" obediently vote correctly by electing the people they support.  All this while supporting the ownership of media and online outfits by all kinds of billionaires and oligarchs that align with their views on lots of subjects.  Like censorship.

I'm sure Musk understands all of this and is prepared for the fight.  And while I don't particularly like him I admire his commitment to doing something about this problem.  Everyone that values freedom and values our legal and constitutions system of rights should agree.   

• Agree 3

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Just toss "a threat to Democracy" into the pile of overused phrases the Dems are wearing out and making people ignore.

I'm in the process of compiling a list of Dem overused phrases/euphemisms/twisted word salad for our comedic review.....

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

I'm in the process of compiling a list of Dem overused phrases/euphemisms/twisted word salad for our comedic review.....

I look forward to seeing your list.

For amusement and curiosity, I've been watching some TV shows in the superhero genre that clearly push lots of social justice narratives in their story lines.  Hollywood liberal propaganda basically with less emphasis on the entertainment aspect of the presentation.  Most of these shows are on the WB but some exist on major networks and streaming apps.

The characters are typically shallow narcissistic whiners and self-confessed victims, the plots are simplistic and transparent, and many are remakes or re-boots of previously released shows with members of self-defined oppressed groups as the lead character, which screams of cultural appropriation that gets a social justice violation exemption if done by woke writers. 

The few white heterosexual male characters in the stories are typically ignorant and evil haters with little to no moral compass that exist for the single-minded purpose of oppressing and victimizing woke defined oppressed peoples through various offensive actions and words.  My assessment is they're characterized as some sort of stereotypical white person representing a "1950's Deep South Klan member" that somehow has survived to exist in 2022 America.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

WP apparently believes if you can't give a 5 year old a book about genitals or race you are taking away their ability to read. I will assure you that there is a whole genre of books for kids that does not mention genitals or race once. 

• Like (+1) 1