Big Tech/Social Media Censorship. Musk: Blackmailing Advertisers Can ***** Off.

16 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

Democrats like their social media how they like their elections. Rigged.

They also want them to be overturned when a Repub wins, but heaven forbid you say the same when a Dem wins.  Then it's treason.

Thankfully the rigging has been tamped-down and the Dems have done major damage to their brand.  All on their own, mind you, without the other party, MSM and social media creating and/or spreading fake conspiracy theories.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

This makes no sense, it’s a non-sequitor 

29 minutes ago, BillStime said:

yeah cool story bro

The same group who tried to stage neo nazis outside of Younkins campaign. No, they don’t have a reason to paint things a certain way, don’t look behind the curtain. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DRsGhost said:

Twitter has that feature built in already.  Any accounts that you don't want to engage with, you can block.

Again, I don't dispute that Twitter has the right to kick off any account that they wish.  Just don't do it while claiming that you value the principle of free speech.

Twitter is not a free speech platform currently, and they are absolutely within their rights to be an anti-free speech platform.  Just own it is all that I ask.

If Elon Musk buys Twitter and begins banning leftist accounts then I'll be just as vocal against him for doing it.  If you truly adhere to the principle of free speech then being consistent isn't difficult.  Instead we often get splitting of hairs and "yeah, but..." justifications when it comes to silencing people and outlets on the other side.

I'm not familiar with what DeSantis has been proposing in terms of punishing Disney for whatever their woke politics of the day are so I won't comment other than to say if he is doing what you state above then I'm against it.

To bring it back to Twitter / social media how do you feel about the federal government pressuring social media platforms to flag "misinformation" for them?  That begins to take it out of the "they're a private company and can do what they want" realm, doesn't it?

https://nypost.com/2021/07/15/white-house-flagging-posts-for-facebook-to-censor-due-to-covid-19-misinformation/

Thank you. A surprisingly fair and even-handed reply.

As for what DeSantis said about getting back at Disney:

DeSantis said he does support the legislature going after privileges that are “really unique to Disney,” such as repealing the 1967 Reedy Creek Improvement Act, which established the Reedy Creek Improvement District, a tax district that lets Walt Disney World essentially operate as its own city outside the purview of the local government.

The governor said there’s a “whole host of stuff” the legislature could look at in relation to Disney and it was “up to them to decide,” but he thinks it’s “right to be looking at this and reevaluat[ing]

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisondurkee/2022/04/01/florida-gov-desantis-wants-to-punish-disney-but-wont-go-after-its-corporate-tax-breaks/?sh=4f38ec784745

Government action to punish an individual or corporation for exercising its free speech rights. So that's what's different about it.

4 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

And on a related topic:

Today I just learned that the U.S. trucking industry is built on a tech infrastructure of roads and bridges that are built or highly subsidized by the U.S. government!

Allow me to stop and let that sink in ...

... O.K.. I'm done. It seems like the government builds infrastructure that private companies then use by creating profitable enterprises.

(The cut-and-pasted comment above is perhaps the stupidest Musk/Twitter take yet)

Wait you mean one the functions actually laid out in the constitution for the government to perform the government performs? Wow what a concept 

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Wait you mean one the functions actually laid out in the constitution for the government to perform the government performs? Wow what a concept 

Damn! You got me. There it is, staring at me in the Constitution itself. I think it's Article 1, clause 9(b)(i):

"Congress shall make laws and appropriate funds to facilitate interstate trucking operations (including but not limited to the "18 wheelers," "tractor-trailers," and "semi-trucks" that will probably be invented within the next 200 years or so) through the creation of an interstate highway system, including by enacting of a gasoline and diesel fuel taxes to facilitate commerce, to be effective no later than 60 days after the invention of the internal combustion engine, or within 60 days of the invention of diesel fuel or gasoline, or the year 1956, whichever comes first."

2 hours ago, Doc said:

They also want them to be overturned when a Repub wins, but heaven forbid you say the same when a Dem wins.  Then it's treason.

Thankfully the rigging has been tamped-down and the Dems have done major damage to their brand.  All on their own, mind you, without the other party, MSM

and social media creating and/or spreading fake conspiracy theories.

☝️🤡 delusional

2 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Damn! You got me. There it is, staring at me in the Constitution itself. I think it's Article 1, clause 9(b)(i):

"Congress shall make laws and appropriate funds to facilitate interstate trucking operations (including but not limited to the "18 wheelers," "tractor-trailers," and "semi-trucks" that will probably be invented within the next 200 years or so) through the creation of an interstate highway system, including by enacting of a gasoline and diesel fuel taxes to facilitate commerce, to be effective no later than 60 days after the invention of the internal combustion engine, or within 60 days of the invention of diesel fuel or gasoline, or the year 1956, whichever comes first."

Or just make "roads". But good job of showing your ignorance.

On 4/15/2022 at 11:16 AM, B-Man said:

If my hunch is correct, Elon Musk is poised to expose the well-kept secret that most social media platforms are operating on U.S. government tech infrastructure and indirect subsidy.  Let that sink in.

The U.S. technology system, the assembled massive system of connected databases and server networks, is the operating infrastructure that offsets the cost of Twitter to run their own servers and database.  The backbone of Twitter is the United States government.

Yep

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Everyone, even the far left loonies, understand the difference here.  They just choose to be intellectually dishonest. 

Blocking or tuning someone out on social media violates free speech according to the left

Yet banning or suspending an account from a platform, thus not even giving users an option to silence or consume information from those accounts, sure that's just fine. 

It's an amazing coincidence that the vast majority of the banned and suspended accounts are from the right, isn't it?  <_<

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, DRsGhost said:

Everyone, even the far left loonies, understand the difference here.  They just choose to be intellectually dishonest. 

Blocking or tuning someone out on social media violates free speech according to the left

Yet banning or suspending an account from a platform, thus not even giving users an option to silence or consume information from those accounts, sure that's just fine. 

It's an amazing coincidence that the vast majority of the banned and suspended accounts are from the right, isn't it?  <_<

Now do billsfans.com

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886mtfpsbej1xauqxgzom