Struggling to think of a single player that had a good game for us today...

Big Turk

5 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

G. Davis for sure

I would like to know how frequently he is getting open though. Not that I'm expecting a 4th round rookie to do it all, I just don't know how his route running has been. Today he was our #2 WR and our passing offense took a hit. I don't think he's ready to step into that role yet.

Edited by HappyDays

3 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Bass 

Offensive line

Bojo

Beasley

Yeldon

Bojo cannot get a good game when you make an inexcusable hold and give the kicker full laces. That is something even looked down at in HS. In the NFL it is simply inexcusable and very well could have resulted in a missed FG just for that reason.

Yes he had an amazing punt but you can't make that type of mistake in the NFL as a placeholder.

Edited by matter2003
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, mannc said:

I mean, was the o-line really the problem?  Josh had plenty of time to throw, for the most part...

Dawkins whiffed on that bad sack...Allen had time mostly because they were dropping defenders into coverage

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

I would like to know how frequently he is getting open though. Not that I'm expecting a 4th round rookie to do it all, I just don't know how his route running has been. Today he was our #2 WR and our passing offense took a hit. I don't think he's ready to step into that role yet.

Our passing offense took a hit because Allen wasn’t finding the open man and taking what defense gives him. There was a few times in first half where Allen was forcing balls to covered receivers instead of taking the easy throw to a wide open one. Allen played like 2019 Josh. 

• Like (+1) 1

Diggs had a good game statistically, but he didn't play with that energy and edge he played with in the first 4 games.

The Bills need him to be the "emotional leader" on the field, because that was something that was surely lacking from him today and that lack of emotion trickled down to the entire team.

Edited by Special K

2 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

If Beasley is open and Josh forces a ball to a double/triple covered receiver is that on Josh or Daboll?

I don't think we can give a blanket answer to that.  It depends.  Probably on Josh, but it could be a bit on the OL or on Daboll.  Ultimately, Josh shouldn't be forcing throws into a triple covered Diggs, or a double-covered Davis.  But when you see an open receiver whether that's a reasonable alternative or not, to my understanding depends on the direction of the reads on the play and whether the OL gives Josh enough time to get to that read.

Just now, Special K said:

Diggs had a good game statistically, but he didn't play with that energy and edge he played with in the first 4 games.

The Bills need him to be the "emotional leader" on the field, because that was something that was surely lacking from him, and that lack of emotion trickled down to the entire team today.

The team just looked flat...almost if they thought they would just waltz in and get an easy W.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Not at the table Karlos said:

Our passing offense took a hit because Allen wasn’t finding the open man and taking what defense gives him. There was a few times in first half where Allen was forcing balls to covered receivers instead of taking the easy throw to a wide open one. Allen played like 2019 Josh. 

Yep. He turned it around in the second half before the awful pick but he was definitely forcing it and not taking the easy yards early on. It just reeks of one of those games you just watch a little film to show the problems but overall just forget it and move on quickly. (Almost) Every team has some stinkers every year, hope this was just one of a couple for us. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, ChanticleerBillsFan said:

Honestly I see some people mention Beasley. When I saw Smoke was out, I put money on Beasley’s over for yards and Josh was forcing it to Diggs in the first half and we moved the ball more easily when he started looking his way in the second. I was a little confused why he didn’t do that in the first. 

So was Josh

Just my $0.02 but I think having given up the TD on the INT, Josh was trying to make big plays for a while and not taking what the D was giving him.  The zebras were also letting their DBs be pretty "handsy"

1 minute ago, matter2003 said:

The team just looked flat...almost if they thought they would just waltz in and get an easy W.

They were playing like there was someplace else they would rather have been and they weren't really revved up and ready, for sure.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't think we can give a blanket answer to that.  It depends.  Probably on Josh, but it could be a bit on the OL or on Daboll.  Ultimately, Josh shouldn't be forcing throws into a triple covered Diggs, or a double-covered Davis.  But when you see an open receiver whether that's a reasonable alternative or not, to my understanding depends on the direction of the reads on the play and whether the OL gives Josh enough time to get to that read.

Josh had enough time and the open WR was on the side of field he was reading for at least two of the forced passes. 

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So was Josh

Just my $0.02 but I think having given up the TD on the INT, Josh was trying to make big plays for a while and not taking what the D was giving him.  The zebras were also letting their DBs be pretty "handsy"

They were playing like there was someplace else they would rather have been and they weren't really revved up and ready, for sure.

Those many mental mistakes in pretty much every area of the game were very uncharacteristic of a McD coached team. He preaches not to beat yourself and for the most part they don't. But they did tonight repeatedly...

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

If Beasley is open and Josh forces a ball to a double/triple covered receiver is that on Josh or Daboll?

I don't know where this narrative came from, I think Allen forced maybe 2 or 3 passes to Diggs that he shouldn't have. Sometimes QBs force the ball to their #1 WR. That is the last thing that concerns me about the offense tonight. If Allen was not going through his progressions that is a different problem. The all-22 will be helpful.

• Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Bass 

Offensive line

Bojo

Beasley

Yeldon

To the bolded, too many penalties and not great in the run game although in their defense we barley tried to run much in this game since we were down big for most of it. But when we did try to run it wasn't pretty.

I think Davis continues to shine as a rookie. Don't remember if he had a drop or not (feels like every receiver had at least one in this game) but he had some nice grabs including the called back TD. I think Davis also had a penalty too though.

Just now, HappyDays said:

I don't know where this narrative came from, I think Allen forced maybe 2 or 3 passes to Diggs that he shouldn't have. Sometimes QBs force the ball to their #1 WR. That is the last thing that concerns me about the offense tonight. If Allen was not going through his progressions that is a different problem. The all-22 will be helpful.

Those two or three passes killed drives and on those two or three passes he had an open receiver, one of them Beasley where he was looking right at him and chose to throw it into triple coverage. That’s on Josh not Daboll. Daboll did his job scheming a receiver open and starting joshs read there.