Week 5: Bills at Titans on Tuesday Night Football

YoloinOhio

No new postives for Pats*. The longer gap between the Pats* news and the Titans news, the less confident I am that they will also get good news. The NFL is going to need to do some serious decision making if it's bad.

• Like (+1) 1

A weather guy in Pittsburg tweeted there is news of another positive test amon the Titans. As far as I can see, he is the only one reporting it. Discounting it for now but still sharing since he has a blue checkmark.

https://twitter.com/RonSmileyWx/status/1315621827394310144?s=20

UPDATE: He deleted his tweet.

Edited by scribo
  • Like (+1) 1

It has now been more than 20 minutes since news that the Pats* have no new positives. If the trend that's developed over the past week wherein bad news is reported later than good news holds up, things are starting to look not so good.

Edited by scribo
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, eball said:

Because w/ covid uncertainty the dollars weren’t there.  This is a “bet on yourself” deal for Hall that opens the door to a long-term deal later.  Both Adams and Hall said a one-year contract isn’t the long-term goal.  Allows the team and player to develop a relationship as well.  Great, great signing.

I agree, great signing....just concerned if Sabres are out of playoffs he becomes a rental and we move him for picks

Just now, scribo said:

It has now been more than 20 minutes since news that the Pats* have no new positives. If the trend that's developed over the past week wherein bad news is reported later than good news, things are starting to look not so good.

Yea they reported the Titans before 8am last time there were no negative. 

I'm not expecting good news, although I am a pessimist also. 

15 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

No official word but it was suggested that it has something to do with the Seattle expansion draft. I don't understand the why.

To answer your question quick: If the Sabres signed him for 2 years he would have to be protected for the expansion draft (since you would obviously protect Hall). By signing him to a 1 year deal, the Sabres can protect others on their roster and worry about signing Hall after the expansion draft. Players going into free agency cannot be drafted by Seattle.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, scribo said:

A weather guy in Pittsburg tweeted there is news of another positive test amon the Titans. As far as I can see, he is the only one reporting it. Discounting it for now but still sharing since he has a blue checkmark.

https://twitter.com/RonSmileyWx/status/1315621827394310144?s=20

UPDATE: He deleted his tweet.

Honestly at this point I think a deleted tweet from a weatherman has more credibility than the NFL when it comes to truthfulness.

• Haha (+1) 5

4 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Honestly at this point I think a deleted tweet from a weatherman has more credibility than the NFL when it comes to truthfulness.

Only when it comes to football news though, his breed are charltans when it comes to predicting the weather

3 minutes ago, scribo said:

Yes!

That is good news, I guess. I still have very mixed feelings about this game. At least the team is all clear to go wheels up.

Edited by Rochesterian Bills Fan

By far, the biggest concern I have for this game (I’m now assuming it will be played) is whether any Bills players will be tentative.  You can’t be anything other than “all in” to play and win a football game in the NFL.  I have faith in McD’s ability to reassure them, but that’s where I stand.  If they aren’t mentally into this it could be ugly.  The Titans will already be motivated because they’ve heard the “you should forfeit” and “you broke protocols” stuff.  Mitch Morse was quoted saying something along the lines of “you have to be questioning things” and that’s not a good sign.

This game will be a great test of the Bills’ mental makeup.

• Like (+1) 4