Jump to content
Protocal69

Lamar Jackson pulled a Josh Allen and no one said a word.

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, AirAllenPower said:

I did give him credit. I said Lamar can be and is great in the rpo, Roman system. They could win a super bowl,  maybe more. I simply disagree with that philosophy on offense. 

 

I did say pre draft if a team fully committed to Lamar's skill set and ran rpo , navy option stuff, he'd be incredible.  But if a team tried to make him Dan Marino it wouldn't work 

You literally have no idea if that’s true or not.  He was throwing dimes on Sunday and had 3 td passes after leading the nfl in tds the year before.

 

if Allen had A Heisman/ MVP, this board would destroy anyone for putting him down and talking about what system he would be good in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Because for some reason Lamar being good means Josh is not as good is what it seems. Some weird stuff on these boards. Just like Tyrod Taylor can only be awful and Josh is great. I just read how Kyler Murray is not a real QB like Josh is. Only Josh can be good and nothing else is allowed. 

 

If Josh Allen keeps up this level of play vs the jets, he will be mvp and the best qb in the NFL by November 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Stop.  Gunner is one of the most level headed, best posters on this board.  I will say it was strong take but he has given him credit when he deserves it but let’s not pretend like Allen is a top 10 qb yet.  
 

im sure if people cared, there are plenty of things you were terribly wrong on. I will admit one of my extremely rare mistakes is that I didn’t think Gase was an awful coach.  I was completely wrong on that.  It’s a weird feeling to be wrong. 😞

It's easy to not be 'terribly wrong' on things when you take pains not to put forth OPINION as FACT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

 

why is is so hard for Bills fans to give him credit for being really good?  


They watched his playoff games ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GoBills808 said:

Exactly what am I wrong on? That you're unable to judge Allen objectively? You said drafting him would kill this franchise before he'd even taken an NFL snap!

 

 

Yes, but that is what I said then. That doesn't mean I can't be objective forever more on him. Why would it? That is exactly my point. I have no investment in that opinion being right. It just isn't who I am. I don't die on hills. You have strong opinions in life some of them will be wrong. My opinion on how he played vs the Jets on Sunday or the Browns last season (which is the most critical I have been of Josh Allen in his Bills career so far) or in any other game is totally unrelated to what I thought of him playing for Wyoming vs Iowa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You literally have no idea if that’s true or not.  He was throwing dimes on Sunday and had 3 td passes after leading the nfl in tds the year before.

 

if Allen had A Heisman/ MVP, this board would destroy anyone for putting him down and talking about what system he would be good in. 

We have gone over this ad nauseam 

 

Tommy Frazier throwing a td is  not in the same context of peyton manning.  Why??? They run different systems that accentuate strength and weaknesses 

 

You will never see Lamar Jackson running a west coast offense with no option offense.  Just like you will never see peyton manning running the navy option 

 

Both can be great. Why are u being obtuse 

Edited by AirAllenPower

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Teddy KGB said:


They watched his playoff games ? 

Bills fans shouldn’t exactly be making fun of other teams playoff games.  He also had like 500 yards of offense.  Was it worst than Peyton at the same age? Or Elway? Or Favre? Or Rodgers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Simon said:

 

It was not the same type of play at all.

 

That was a designed option from the moment the ball was snapped and it was the RB's fault for not being ready.

If he had been executing properly, he probably would have scored.

How do you know that. Please explain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AirAllenPower said:

 

If Josh Allen keeps up this level of play vs the jets, he will be mvp and the best qb in the NFL by November 

 

I'd be stoked if he was a unanimous top 10 QB.

Unless Mahomes, Jackson, Russel Wilson and Rodgers have a meltdown of the likes we've never seen, this isn't happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You literally have no idea if that’s true or not.  He was throwing dimes on Sunday and had 3 td passes after leading the nfl in tds the year before.

 

if Allen had A Heisman/ MVP, this board would destroy anyone for putting him down and talking about what system he would be good in. 

Where did I put Lamar down?????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

It's easy to not be 'terribly wrong' on things when you take pains not to put forth OPINION as FACT.

 

Where did I do that? Because what I said on draft night was clearly my opinion. Was it a strong opinion? Yes. Was it a wrong opinion? Yes. But it was still an opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheElectricCompany said:

 

I'd be stoked if he was a unanimous top 10 QB.

Unless Mahomes, Jackson, Russel Wilson and Rodgers have a meltdown of the likes we've never seen, this isn't happening.

If he keeps up this level of play,  yes. It is happening. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AirAllenPower said:

We have gone over this ad nauseam 

 

Tommy Frazier throwing a td is  not in the same context of peyton manning.  Why??? They run different systems that accentuate strength and weaknesses 

 

You will never see Lamar Jackson running a west coast offense with no option offense.  Just like you will never see peyton manning running the navy option 

 

Both can be great. Why are u being obtuse 

Because you are saying your opinion like it is fact. 
 

And then maybe we should put our running qb in Lamar’s system then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AirAllenPower said:

If he keeps up this level of play,  yes. It is happening. 

 

LOL - good laughs man. Wake me when he truly can go toe to toe with the elite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Bills fans shouldn’t exactly be making fun of other teams playoff games.  He also had like 500 yards of offense.  Was it worst than Peyton at the same age? Or Elway? Or Favre? Or Rodgers?


0-2.       Snoozeville.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Because you are saying your opinion like it is fact. 
 

And then maybe we should put our running qb in Lamar’s system then. 

It's a fact Lamar runs a rpo, navy option offense. Greg Roman is the oc.  Everyone in the media admits they committed to his skill set. Those are all facts, and Lamar is great at it

 

Why are you obsessed with Lamar lol

1 minute ago, TheElectricCompany said:

 

LOL - good laughs man. Wake me when he truly can go toe to toe with the elite.

He will against Goff and mahomes 

 

See u then

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:


They watched his playoff games ? 

 

6 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Bills fans shouldn’t exactly be making fun of other teams playoff games.  He also had like 500 yards of offense.  Was it worst than Peyton at the same age? Or Elway? Or Favre? Or Rodgers?

This is the nonsense right here. We make fun of the guy and use this logic to say that guy is not good. Yet with Josh everything is ignored? What big game has Josh played well in? He was bad in his only playoff game. Awful both career games vs BAL. Awful in 3 games vs NE. He was blah vs PIT and Duck Hodges. His game vs Dallas may be his only solid game and that was a 6-6 team. Seriously, I dont want to bash him. But when we mock other guys for playing bad in a big game and our own QB has not played big in ANY? Just wish we could keep it real. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Protocal69 said:

How do you know that. Please explain.

 

I don't know what you want me to explain, if I remember right it was a pretty standard speed option call.

The only things out of the ordinary about it were that a) you don't see it often in the NFL and b) I think it had a wrinkle where they motioned the X back across to disguise the action and hold the back 7 in place and it worked like a charm.

An option play doesn't end at the LOS, the back maintains his pitch relationship all the way down the field, which he did. He just wasn't ready for the pitch when it finally came.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...