President Trump Nominated for 2021 Nobel Peace Prize

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

The current running tab of the Transpy Gang:

-Supports the candidate of violent sexual assault and perpetual groping;

-Supports the candidate with a history of supporting segregation;

-Supports the candidate who promoted legislation that devastated low-income communities;

-Supports the candidate with a rich history of racially insensitive commentary;

-Supports the candidate who was conspicuously silent on widespread looting and intimidation by roving vandals;

-Supports the candidate with a history of war-mongering and American military intervention;

*Updated as of 9/12/20 to include:

-Strongly against peace in foreign lands and ANY recognition for those who seek it.

Jeesh. Look beyond the end of the surf board and understand that other people not like you deserve a shot at peace as well. 

All we are saying is give peace a chance. 

Not to mention he's at least a corrupt as they claim Trump is.  But he's got that "D" next to his name and that allows them to ignore it all...

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Jesus.

You guys should really just get "Cult-of-Trump" tattooed on your foreheads already.

The ONE idiot who has now nominated Trump twice already has his.

Donald Trump is more likely to be in jail in 2021 than win the Nobel Peace Prize...

And that's despite me knowing he's almost inevitably going to test Presidential Pardon powers by pardoning himself before he leaves office next January.

Put the Nobel Prize aside for a moment.  Why does someone who notices that peace is accelerating in the mid-east get labeled a “Trump cultist”? How many Presidents have failed in that region and for how long?  How many have removed soldiers from Iraq and Afghanistan — not placed them there? Are people supposed to condemn this things because of the Orange Man?  The Arab-Israel agreements are the first in decades.  Both Israel-Egypt and Israel-Jordan peace agreements were born out of hostile conflict.  These are true “warm” peace agreements. That’s awful because Orange Man?  I couldn’t care less about the Nobel Prize.

And the reverse question is: why is everything accomplished by this administration worthy of scorn and ridicule, even if it is a good thing?

Looks to me like there is a “Hate Everything Trump Does Cult”.  

Here’s a third very important question: When Biden wins, do you think he should put troops back in Afghanistan and put troops back in Iraq and work to unravel the UAE/Bahrain/Israel peace agreements; as well as the Serbia/Kosovo agreement?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Niagara said:

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/09/end-nobel-peace-prize/616300/

Christian Tybring-Gjedde, a Norwegian parliamentarian....nominated Donald J. Trump for the Nobel Peace Prize. “Can you name a person who has done more for peace than President Trump?”

..unpublished rumors say that Nancy fell 2 votes short of the Nobel POS Prize........oh well.............

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

And that's despite me knowing he's almost inevitably going to test Presidential Pardon powers by pardoning himself before he leaves office next January.

Is it true you are a teacher in Hawaii? Hope you don't teach English.

In fact, yes, Trump should test his power to pardon, just as the DNC tested their powers to stage a coup through impeachment. He should blanket pardon himself of all crimes.

19 minutes ago, Doc said:

Not to mention he's at least a corrupt as they claim Trump is.  But he's got that "D" next to his name and that allows them to ignore it all...

It took less than one election cycle for the virtue-signaling libs to abandon all

pretense of searching for a kinder more genteel candidate to act “presidential” and champion a guy with 5 decades of misdeeds.  

Biden literally has it all—lies, plagiarism, assaults, nepotism for his children, political thuggery, racial insensitivity, offloading jobs to foreign lands, hostility toward women and of course he’s a bit of a war hawk.  

Yet, bumper stickers all over the ole Prius abound. The people’s champion—Joe Biden!  

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Biden literally has it all—lies, plagiarism, assaults, nepotism for his children, political thuggery, racial insensitivity, offloading jobs to foreign lands, hostility toward women and of course he’s a bit of a war hawk.   

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/maher-knocks-medias-defense-of-looting-rioting-in-cities?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A foxnews%2Fentertainment (Internal - Entertainment - Mixed)

Democrat Joe Biden will have to wear looting "on his back into the election" because it is being done by the left.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Niagara said:

..EXACTLY....Whoa Joe and the Dems support this....a political tool to exploit anarchy on Trump's watch at the expense of death, destruction and cities under siege.....BLM is a fraud, the perfect cover for "The Gimme Gang".......what does it tell you when a BLM Leader (COUGH)" terms "looting is a form of reparations"?.....what reparations DO WE OWE?.......

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..EXACTLY....Whoa Joe and the Dems support this....a political tool to exploit anarchy on Trump's watch at the expense of death, destruction and cities under siege.....BLM is a fraud, the perfect cover for "The Gimme Gang".......what does it tell you when a BLM Leader (COUGH)" terms "looting is a form of reparations"?.....what reparations DO WE OWE?.......

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/policy-2020/economic-inequality/reparations/

Biden and others will "study it". Wonder if Wilson, Mahomes, LeBron James and others will get reparations?

https://www.npr.org/sections/codeswitch/2020/08/27/906642178/one-authors-argument-in-defense-of-looting

The fact that NPR gives this author a voice on the merits of looting is disturbing. The government (Democrats) are promoting it.

Trump 2020. Vote like your lives depend on it.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

@transplantbillsfan,  you may want to watch this lady.

If he won't believe Tara Reade, what makes you think he'll believe Samantha?

Transplant has gone full Biden. Not even a Middle East peace deal makes sense to him. None of it makes sense. The only thing he understands is hate. I suspect he agress with Pelosi that the whole ME thing is just a distraction.

2 hours ago, snafu said:

Here’s a third very important question: When Biden wins, do you think he should put troops back in Afghanistan and put troops back in Iraq and work to unravel the UAE/Bahrain/Israel peace agreements; as well as the Serbia/Kosovo agreement?

Excellent question. I wouldn't hold your breath for an answer.

The truth it, it's funny to me that leftists like transplant are so filled with hatred toward Trump that they've actually become war mongers and don't even realize it.

Edited by IDBillzFan
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Donald Trump is more likely to be in jail in 2021 than win the Nobel Peace Prize...

For what crimes? Facts are stubborn things, and it's a fact, not speculation, that Donald Trump has been more thoroughly investigated than any president in US history. He's gone through: 

* Two different counterintelligence probes run by the entirety of the USIC and headed by people whose mission it was to find or manufacture a crime...

* Multiple (still unknown as to how many) FBI and DOJ criminal investigations into Trump personally, his family, and his business matters... 

* A House Intelligence Committee and Senate Intelligence Committee investigation

* A full impeachment trial by the House and Senate

And in every single one of those investigations, Trump was discovered to not only be crime free -- but cleaner than the people investigating him. No other active politician in office could have gone through those investigations (several done with malicious/illegal intent) and come out clean. Joe couldn't do it. Obama couldn't do it. Neither Bush could do it. Neither Clinton could do it... 

But sure. Let's pretend you're not living in a complete fiction of a reality :lol: 

6 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

You have really lost it. 

He's become what he is supposedly against: 

* A conspiracy theorist who pushes unfounded, unproven allegations as if they were fact

* A fascist who believes in supressing other people's opinions and speech when they do not fall into lockstep with his own

* A cheerleader for the same establishment personalities who created the "systemic racism" in the country he claims to be against

* A cheerleader for the war hawks and foreign policy wonks who want to continue our dangerous regime change and perma-war agendas to line their own pockets

But on the plus side, he's going to be rocking a sweet set of avatars in the coming days :beer: 

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

For what crimes? Facts are stubborn things, and it's a fact, not speculation, that Donald Trump has been more thoroughly investigated than any president in US history. He's gone through: 

* Two different counterintelligence probes run by the entirety of the USIC and headed by people whose mission it was to find or manufacture a crime...

* Multiple (still unknown as to how many) FBI and DOJ criminal investigations into Trump personally, his family, and his business matters... 

* A House Intelligence Committee and Senate Intelligence Committee investigation

* A full impeachment trial by the House and Senate

And in every single one of those investigations, Trump was discovered to not only be crime free -- but cleaner than the people investigating him. No other active politician in office could have gone through those investigations (several done with malicious/illegal intent) and come out clean. Joe couldn't do it. Obama couldn't do it. Neither Bush could do it. Neither Clinton could do it... 

But sure. Let's pretend you're not living in a complete fiction of a reality :lol: 

He's become what he is supposedly against: 

* A conspiracy theorist who pushes unfounded, unproven allegations as if they were fact

* A fascist who believes in supressing other people's opinions and speech when they do not fall into lockstep with his own

* A cheerleader for the same establishment personalities who created the "systemic racist systems" in the country he claims to be against

* A cheerleader for the war hawks and foreign policy wonks who want to continue our dangerous regime change and perma-war agendas to line their own pockets

But on the plus side, he's going to be rocking a sweet set of avatars in the coming days :beer: 

?

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Just referencing our bet on the general election. He took the field, I took Trump. Winner has to use an avatar of the other's choosing for a year. 

Here are two that didn't make the cut, but did make the finals: 

Why the Anti-Defamation League just put the Pepe the Frog meme on its hate symbols list - Vox

Marvel s'autocensure et supprime une blague sur Donald Trump

That's what I figured but I took "the coming days" to mean within a few days, as if you bet on football this weekend.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 9/9/2020 at 7:31 AM, TakeYouToTasker said:

Trump winning the Nobel Peace Prize would be the best thing to happen to our country! The inevitable meltdown on the political left is sorely needed because Democrats need to come to grips with their hypocrisy in defending Obama’s largely disgraceful foreign policy record. Maybe something as absurd as this would be the catalyst for a total paradigm shift in American post-Cold War foreign policy. Our country deserves a political party that is genuinely dovish, favors multilateral diplomacy over heavy-handed unilateral ones, doesn’t take a hardline stance in support of sanctions and embargos, is willing to restrain the military-industrial complex, and is completely against all forms of regime change (full invasions AND sponsored coups). That political party needs to be on the left.

I hope you find the time later to reply in your thread, TYTT. An anarcho-capitalist (or minarcho-capitalist?) perspective would be welcome here.

On 9/9/2020 at 8:25 AM, Buffalo_Gal said:

He deserves it. I doubt he will receive it, but with the administration’s foreign policy successes, especially in the Middle East, there is no doubt that the world is a safer place today than it was four years ago.

No modern era American president deserves it. Not even Jimmy Carter. The Nobel Peace Prize should be reserved for individuals whose actions are motivated almost entirely by desires for peace and for protections of human rights. American foreign policy is mostly about controlling oil, gaining access to mineral resources, preserving international trade hegemony, increasing MIC profits, and (allegedly) improving national security. Anyone who earnestly disagrees with this statement has been indoctrinated with too much American moral exceptionalism propaganda. I could locate a bunch of places around the world where a limited American military presence might conceivably enhance peace and preserve human rights (hint: many of them are in Africa), but our presidents and military leaders choose not to intervene because there’s no benefit for the reasons listed above.

Also, there is absolutely doubt that the world is safer now than 4 years ago!!! I doubt it, over half of America doubts it, most of Europe and the UN doubts it, and the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists (who control the Doomsday Clock) doubt it. Why? Well let’s take the singular issue of Iran. Trump has taken a dangerously aggressive and provocative stance on this country. We don’t know how the complex Middle East political landscape will fully play out in time as a result of withdrawing from JCPOA (which was essentially the only thing about the Obama tenure that I liked…that and Cuba relations), but we do know that Iran will effectively never trust the United States again and that this greatly limits future diplomatic options (killing Soleimani also didn’t help). Trump has done nothing to fix the problem after two years, instead opting for hard sanctions that have badly hurt the Iranian people (not very peaceful and humane…).

On 9/10/2020 at 2:11 AM, Doc Brown said:

Yeah he has.

Yep, sadly. Trump is outpacing Obama’s drone war efforts by over 4 times the number of strikes, though I don’t know in which countries they are occurring. I do know that the cumulative US drone war program has taken place in 7 countries (Somalia, Libya, Yemen, Syria, Iraq, Pakistan, and Afghanistan) since its inauguration under Bush #43. What’s most alarming is that Trump has removed all mandatory disclosure rules for civilian casualty reports that were put in place during the Obama era. He has given himself carte blanche over an anti-terrorism program without any quality control over blowback effects. As I hope we all know, unaccountable drone warfare is so dangerous because it entices our presidents to recklessly magnify their anti-terrorism “tough guy” roles without having to face any public criticism since it’s not putting American troops in danger. Trump is too myopic and narcissistic to think about the long-term repercussions of this program on American security. For every terrorist a drone kills, how many more are we breeding from the collateral damage? I’m super disappointed in all of our politicians (even Tulsi Gabbard…insert cry emoji) and all of America for rarely questioning the morality or the long-term strategic sense of these drone strikes.

On 9/10/2020 at 11:34 AM, Deranged Rhino said:

No new war -- first president in 39 years who can say that.

Historic peace deals with: Israel/UAE/KSA(soon) + more

Cooled tensions with DPRK when war was imminent, all but officially ended the longest American War in history

Destroyed ISIS without invading a sovereign nation or a troop "surge".

Brought the Syrian war to a heel by working with international partners rather than by funding AQ which was the last administration's strategy

Severely curtailed both Hezbollah and Hamas's financial networks and reach. 

...And that's just off the top of my head and just in his first term.

These are not sufficient reasons to justify Trump winning the award, unless we’re making a comparative analysis with the foreign policy of a previous winner (Obama, 2009). Many of these commonly touted successes are a bit exaggerated and also a bit premature in their declared victories. Let us address each point, one by one, shall we? Yes we shall:

1. No new wars: yes, I’m relieved and thankful that Trump has not treated our military personnel like pawns in stupid regime change wars. But not being a neocon is such a low standard! I just can’t get over the Venezuelan coup efforts, the drone strikes, or the Soleimani assassination that could have easily sparked a world war over a couple misunderstandings.

2. North Korea: I take no issue whatsoever with Trump’s open diplomacy with Kim Jong Un, but I don’t feel it has moved the needle much toward either freedom for DPRK’s citizens or toward nuclear warfare.

3. Ending the War in Afghanistan: I’ll believe it when I finally see it! It’s so depressing that I have no real memory of a time when our troops weren’t there. Trump has had 4 years to fully withdraw troops like he promised and still hasn’t done so. According to Trump, it’ll happen soon after we re-elect him. How convenient.

4. Israel-UAE Deal: more peace in the Middle East is always a good thing, but the deal does nothing to address the fundamental issue of Palestine which continues to plague all diplomatic relationships throughout the region. The same goes for the efforts to dismantle Hezbollah and Hamas. Any US president unwilling to hold Israel to the high ethical standards that we should have for all Western democracies and who doesn’t apply the necessary financial and diplomatic pressures to coax Israel toward these standards is only operating along the periphery of long-term Middle East peace. No one can even begin to change the hearts and minds of Middle Eastern Muslims until our vassal state of Israel addresses human rights and political freedoms for Palestinians.

5. War on Terror: similar problem as above. Dismantling ISIS and Al-Qaeda in Syria and elsewhere are fine, but the underlying problem of radical Islamic terrorism isn’t being addressed. Negligible pressure is being applied on our ally, Saudi Arabia, for their predominant role in breeding terrorism. The large presence of US troops throughout Islamic lands is a major source of Muslim discontent and wouldn’t be even remotely tolerated if the situations were reversed. And once again, I must insist that drone strikes killing innocent civilians isn’t helping.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, RealKayAdams said:

Trump winning the Nobel Peace Prize would be the best thing to happen to our country! The inevitable meltdown on the political left is sorely needed because Democrats need to come to grips with their hypocrisy in defending Obama’s largely disgraceful foreign policy record. Maybe something as absurd as this would be the catalyst for a total paradigm shift in American post-Cold War foreign policy. Our country deserves a political party that is genuinely dovish, favors multilateral diplomacy over heavy-handed unilateral ones, doesn’t take a hardline stance in support of sanctions and embargos, is willing to restrain the military-industrial complex, and is completely against all forms of regime change (full invasions AND sponsored coups). That political party needs to be on the left.

Those policies should be universal, not party-affiliated. 

Though I’d tweak one or two.  Multilateral diplomacy is nice, but not always necessary while we are still economy #1.  Sometimes sanctions and embargoes are the only alternative to force of arms — and they eventually work — though in the long-term, we use them for regime change (which is what our Iran policy is).

I hope you find the time later to reply in your thread, TYTT. An anarcho-capitalist (or minarcho-capitalist?) perspective would be welcome here.

No modern era American president deserves it. Not even Jimmy Carter. The Nobel Peace Prize should be reserved for individuals whose actions are motivated almost entirely by desires for peace and for protections of human rights. American foreign policy is mostly about controlling oil, gaining access to mineral resources, preserving international trade hegemony, increasing MIC profits, and (allegedly) improving national security. Anyone who earnestly disagrees with this statement has been indoctrinated with too much American moral exceptionalism propaganda. I could locate a bunch of places around the world where a limited American military presence might conceivably enhance peace and preserve human rights (hint: many of them are in Africa), but our presidents and military leaders choose not to intervene because there’s no benefit for the reasons listed above.

I was thinking 5G when I read this.  Couldn’t let Huaewi get ahead of our rollout. The fact that Huawei uses their technology as info-gathering tools for the ChiComs to better develop their AI capabilities was a great pretext.

Also, there is absolutely doubt that the world is safer now than 4 years ago!!! I doubt it, over half of America doubts it, most of Europe and the UN doubts it, and the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists (who control the Doomsday Clock) doubt it. Why? Well let’s take the singular issue of Iran. Trump has taken a dangerously aggressive and provocative stance on this country. We don’t know how the complex Middle East political landscape will fully play out in time as a result of withdrawing from JCPOA (which was essentially the only thing about the Obama tenure that I liked…that and Cuba relations), but we do know that Iran will effectively never trust the United States again and that this greatly limits future diplomatic options (killing Soleimani also didn’t help). Trump has done nothing to fix the problem after two years, instead opting for hard sanctions that have badly hurt the Iranian people (not very peaceful and humane…).

The world world is always a dangerous place and the Iran deal allowed that country to flex their influence in the region almost immediately. Getting out of that agreement was the right thing to do.  I believe that Trump’s treatment of Iran is one of his only neocon policies. All his actions show that he’s pressurizing the Ayatollahs and hoping that they’re deposed from within. I’m not a big fan of forcing regime change, but ask the average Yemeni, or Syrian, or Lebanese citizen what he or she really thinks of Iranian interference in their respective countries. 

Yep, sadly. Trump is outpacing Obama’s drone war efforts by over 4 times the number of strikes, though I don’t know in which countries they are occurring. I do know that the cumulative US drone war program has taken place in 7 countries (Somalia, Libya, Yemen, Syria, Iraq, Pakistan, and Afghanistan) since its inauguration under Bush #43. What’s most alarming is that Trump has removed all mandatory disclosure rules for civilian casualty reports that were put in place during the Obama era. He has given himself carte blanche over an anti-terrorism program without any quality control over blowback effects. As I hope we all know, unaccountable drone warfare is so dangerous because it entices our presidents to recklessly magnify their anti-terrorism “tough guy” roles without having to face any public criticism since it’s not putting American troops in danger. Trump is too myopic and narcissistic to think about the long-term repercussions of this program on American security. For every terrorist a drone kills, how many more are we breeding from the collateral damage? I’m super disappointed in all of our politicians (even Tulsi Gabbard…insert cry emoji) and all of America for rarely questioning the morality or the long-term strategic sense of these drone strikes.

I’ve got nothing to offer on this subject whatsoever. 

These are not sufficient reasons to justify Trump winning the award, unless we’re making a comparative analysis with the foreign policy of a previous winner (Obama, 2009). Many of these commonly touted successes are a bit exaggerated and also a bit premature in their declared victories. Let us address each point, one by one, shall we? Yes we shall:

1. No new wars: yes, I’m relieved and thankful that Trump has not treated our military personnel like pawns in stupid regime change wars. But not being a neocon is such a low standard! I just can’t get over the Venezuelan coup efforts, the drone strikes, or the Soleimani assassination that could have easily sparked a world war over a couple misunderstandings.

Venezuela is yet another country tightly tied to Iran’s influence.  The Russians and Chinese are influential there, too. Venezuela is also a menace to its neighbors, and the only coup attempt I know of was some half-ass privateer looking for glory.  I don’t know that the administration was involved.  Soleimani’s killing wasn’t going to spark a world war.  Iran is in a bad position.  There will be blowback some day from an Iranian sponsored terrorist attack is more likely. 

2. North Korea: I take no issue whatsoever with Trump’s open diplomacy with Kim Jong Un, but I don’t feel it has moved the needle much toward either freedom for DPRK’s citizens or toward nuclear warfare.

3. Ending the War in Afghanistan: I’ll believe it when I finally see it! It’s so depressing that I have no real memory of a time when our troops weren’t there. Trump has had 4 years to fully withdraw troops like he promised and still hasn’t done so. According to Trump, it’ll happen soon after we re-elect him. How convenient.

Have you read the three page memorandum of agreement between us and the Taliban?  We’ve given them everything and we are pulling up stakes. Sooner than later. 

4. Israel-UAE Deal: more peace in the Middle East is always a good thing, but the deal does nothing to address the fundamental issue of Palestine which continues to plague all diplomatic relationships throughout the region. The same goes for the efforts to dismantle Hezbollah and Hamas. Any US president unwilling to hold Israel to the high ethical standards that we should have for all Western democracies and who doesn’t apply the necessary financial and diplomatic pressures to coax Israel toward these standards is only operating along the periphery of long-term Middle East peace. No one can even begin to change the hearts and minds of Middle Eastern Muslims until our vassal state of Israel addresses human rights and political freedoms for Palestinians.

I see see these deals as isolating the Palestinians into finally agreeing to a 2state solution. The more Arab nations that sign on now, the more likely they will need to get on board.  This is a helpful part of getting the “plan of the century” put in place. You’re right that the Israelis need to do their part.  So far, their words say that they will.  If the Israelis don’t go along, then you’re right about financial and diplomatic pressure.  To me, the Palestinians need to get on board first.

5. War on Terror: similar problem as above. Dismantling ISIS and Al-Qaeda in Syria and elsewhere are fine, but the underlying problem of radical Islamic terrorism isn’t being addressed. Negligible pressure is being applied on our ally, Saudi Arabia, for their predominant role in breeding terrorism. The large presence of US troops throughout Islamic lands is a major source of Muslim discontent and wouldn’t be even remotely tolerated if the situations were reversed. And once again, I must insist that drone strikes killing innocent civilians isn’t helping.

I’m not up on what our efforts are vis a vis pressurizing SA. At least on the face of it, we are reducing our troop presence in the region. That can’t be a bad thing.

• Thank you (+1) 3

21 hours ago, B-Man said:

...and the Dems wanted to eliminate the Electoral College because the bulbous pant suit lost......a pattern here???......

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 hours ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

Watching his speech in Mosinee, this is vintage Trump at the top of his game.

He will obliterate Biden in the debates - if he ever leaves his basement. 

GOD BLESS THE LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD - DONALD TRUMP!! 🇺🇸

He is so entertaining. 

Another day, another peace prize nomination for Trump:

The ‘Trump Doctrine’ earns President third Nobel Peace Prize nomination

Eminent law professor David Flint is among four Australian law professors who are nominating US President Donald Trump for the Nobel Peace Prize on the basis of the “Trump Doctrine”.

</snip>

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

SMART DIPLOMACY: The ‘Trump Doctrine’ earns President third Nobel Peace Prize nomination.

Eminent law professor David Flint is among four Australian law professors who are nominating US President Donald Trump for the Nobel Peace Prize on the basis of the “Trump Doctrine”.

Only members of a national parliament or law professors are able to nominate others for the Nobel Peace Prize with President Trump already receiving two nominations for his promotion of peace in the Middle-East.

President Trump recently brokered an historic peace deal between the United Arab Emirates and Israel, which aimed to normalise diplomatic relations.

This unprecedented deal was closely followed by a similar peace agreement between Bahrain and Israel.

“He went ahaead and negotiated against all advice, but he did it with common sense. He negotiated directly with the Arab states concerned and Israel and brought them together,” Professor Flint said.

Professor Flint told Sky News host Alan Jones the Trump Doctrine is “something extraordinary” and is emblematic of the two things which guide the president.

“He has, firstly, common sense, and he is only guided by national interest … and therefore an interest in the western alliance” he said.

“What he has done with the Trump Doctrine is that he has decided he would no longer have America in endless wars, wars which achieve nothing but the killing of thousands of young Americans.

“So he’s reducing America’s tendency to get involved in any and every war.

“The states are lining up, Arab and Middle-Eastern, to join that network of peace which will dominate the Middle-East.

“He is really producing peace in the world in a way in a which none of his predecessors did, and he fully deserves the Nobel Peace Prize.”

Indeed.

• Thank you (+1) 2