DeAndre Baker Released

1 hour ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-giants-to-release-de-andre-baker-after-armed-robbery-arrest-151539889.html

He is on the Commissioner's exempt list and in a load of legal trouble. It is 50-50 whether he would play again.

But that is what we said when the Kareem Hunt video surfaced. Just in case he does get to play again and gets his life back together (Big IF), I think the Bills should keep an eye on him. Why?

He is the closest CB comparison I have ever seen to Tre White. I did a double take when I watched a Georgia game - it was like seeing Tre in a bulldog uni.

He is no choir boy but Beane is not in the business of signing choir boys.

Yes it is a long shot - but Baker himself can do a lot worse than sign with the Bills - where a player comes to become the best version of himself.

comparing this situation to Hunt’s? You can’t be this dense dude. It’s night and day from a legal standpoint. You should just take a break for a while.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

This thread has it all.

Just when we thought we had seen them all......now we realize just maybe we haven't.  My $0.02 is no way he fits The Process and no way he would even be in the discussion as some other team will scoop him up before the Bills would get a chance too.

I too am mildly curious on the number of felons.....🤣

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

1. He is Tredavious White lite on the field

2. He comes at a low cost

3. We are thin at CB

4. And it was not HIS attorney. It was Dunbar's attorney Grieco who is now being investigated by the Florida Bar Association. Baker's attorneys had nothing to do with the payoff. In fact, they were the ones who notified the FBI about what was going on.

5. The victims have filed civil suits (not criminal suits) asking for 100K from Baker. Like the Kobe Bryant Colorado case - this will be settled out of court.

Bottomline, there is a 50% chance, this will blow over for Baker in a couple of months. This is not to excuse his bad judgment in anyway. But it appears to be a relatively small investment to buy an option on a cost controlled first round talent who is a perfect scheme fit.

His 4 counts of armed robbery and witness bribery have a "50%" chance that they will "blow over in a couple of months"? 

What do you base this on?

7 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

His 4 counts of armed robbery and witness bribery have a "50%" chance that they will "blow over in a couple of months"? 

What do you base this on?

Fair questions.

Why did the Giants not release him until today? He was charged in the first week of August. The Giants actually felt good about Baker being cleared. But it is all timing. His release timing shows what is happening. The big change in the Giants position has been due to his arraignment hearing being postponed from Sep 15 to Jan 2021 making it unlikely he will come off the Exempt list for the next few months. And the Giants have a small chance of recouping part of the signing bonus, which they can only do if they release him.

Any other team, however, does not have to worry about recouping the bonus. They are on the hook for the 2020 salary - that is it.

Why do I say 50% chance it will blow over in a few months? The key is the nature of the witness' lawsuit - it is civil. not criminal. If they are victims and felt strongly about their case, it would be a criminal lawsuit. Also the same witnesses recanted testimony after participating in the payoff scheme with Dunbar's attorney - so their credibility is shot implying good chance, the civil suit is settled and the charges are dropped before the arraignment hearing since no witnesses will come forward.

all this from a Georgia Bulldog fan lawyer pal who closely follows the case.

Of course, there is a chance the case drags on and Baker never plays - that is why it is a risk reward scenario - is 3.3  mill worth the potential reward? thats the big question.

Hope I answered your question there.

42 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

This thread has it all.

Just like Boggy and Bacall... 

• Like (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Fair questions.

Why did the Giants not release him until today? He was charged in the first week of August. The Giants actually felt good about Baker being cleared. But it is all timing. His release timing shows what is happening. The big change in the Giants position has been due to his arraignment hearing being postponed from Sep 15 to Jan 2021 making it unlikely he will come off the Exempt list for the next few months. And the Giants have a small chance of recouping part of the signing bonus, which they can only do if they release him.

Any other team, however, does not have to worry about recouping the bonus. They are on the hook for the 2020 salary - that is it.

Why do I say 50% chance it will blow over in a few months? The key is the nature of the witness' lawsuit - it is civil. not criminal. If they are victims and felt strongly about their case, it would be a criminal lawsuit. Also the same witnesses recanted testimony after participating in the payoff scheme with Dunbar's attorney - so their credibility is shot implying good chance, the civil suit is settled and the charges are dropped before the arraignment hearing since no witnesses will come forward.

Of course, there is a chance the case drags on and Baker never plays - that is why it is a risk reward scenario - is 3.3  mill worth the potential reward? thats the big question.

but he is facing criminal charges. Your “georgia lawyer” didn’t mention that?

2 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Fair questions.

I'm not sure what you are talking about at this point.  He has 4 felony armed robbery charges against him.  He threatened to have the witnesses killed and rumors of a 100K bounty on their heads.  His associate is on video bribing them to recant in the elevator to his lawyers office.  One of the guys he bribed took a picture of the lawyer's ID and sent it to his wife thinking he might get shot getting off the elevator.

This guy facing minimum of 10 years.  Might want to update that hillbilly lawyer pal...

From the Daily News:

"The police documents, which include victims and witness testimonies and information obtained from search warrants by cops as well as surveillance and body cam footage and detective notes, allege the now-former Giants cornerback suffered a huge loss in a high-stakes dice game on May 12, tried to steal it back that night — and returned with a firearm the next evening to rob the game’s big winner and three others at a Miramar, Fla., gambling party.

Victim 2 had more reason than anyone to fear for his life. When police arrived at the scene of the alleged May armed robbery, three of the four victims independently claimed that Baker delivered a lethal directive to one of his alleged accomplices regarding Victim 2: “Shoot him.” “(People) was already telling us, you know, if we have to come to Miami and go to court, we wouldn’t make it through the court (hearing),” said Victim 3. “That was the threats that we were getting … And the guys are going to have you guys killed coming down here to court.”

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

So if we had 10 fewer felons in ERie county would that open up a roster spot?  I have never seen this logic before.

What logic are you talkin about? Somebody said that Dallas takes felons. and I joked at the City of Buffalo already has enough of them

It has literally nothing to do with football

4 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-giants-to-release-de-andre-baker-after-armed-robbery-arrest-151539889.html

He is on the Commissioner's exempt list and in a load of legal trouble. It is 50-50 whether he would play again.

But that is what we said when the Kareem Hunt video surfaced. Just in case he does get to play again and gets his life back together (Big IF), I think the Bills should keep an eye on him. Why?

He is the closest CB comparison I have ever seen to Tre White. I did a double take when I watched a Georgia game - it was like seeing Tre in a bulldog uni.

He is no choir boy but Beane is not in the business of signing choir boys.

Yes it is a long shot - but Baker himself can do a lot worse than sign with the Bills - where a player comes to become the best version of himself.

Part of what makes Tre white great has nothing to do with what he looks like in his uniform and a lot to who he is.