Presidential Debates 2020

B-Man

32 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

It was just as entertaining as when the President called him dumb.   

Biden had to talk over Trump.  He had no choice.  If he doesn't go on the offensive and play the same game as Trump then we hear about how weak he is.  Its the reason he has the nomination.  Biden won the bid because he was viewed as a fighter and someone who can stand up to Trump.  That debate was a new low in American politics.

There is nothing presidential about either of them but no one seems to really care anymore.  

Would agree w/ this.

But, make no mistake, Biden showed 8 years ago that he'd have been talking over 45 whether 45 was playing nice or playing himself. 

My take is still that neither won the debate (it's hard to win a debate when you can't articulate complete thoughts & neither man can) but 45 might have lost it.  Though getting Biden to tacitly admit he'll stack the SC if he can and (paraphrasing here) that Antifa is an idea and not an organization (try telling that to people who had their businesses burned down) were a couple of solid body blows. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Taro T said:

Would agree w/ this.

But, make no mistake, Biden showed 8 years ago that he'd have been talking over 45 whether 45 was playing nice or playing himself. 

My take is still that neither won the debate (it's hard to win a debate when you can't articulate complete thoughts & neither man can) but 45 might have lost it.  Though getting Biden to tacitly admit he'll stack the SC if he can and (paraphrasing here) that Antifa is an idea and not an organization (try telling that to people who had their businesses burned down) were a couple of solid body blows. 

Plus he got Joe to denounce the GND, he cornered Joe on law enforcement and made him look bad, and of course nailed him with Hunter Biden's corruption and got Joe to lie (deny) about not only that but about an incident that's on tape for the world to see (calling soldiers stupid bastards). 

Trump landed a lot of substantial body blows on Joe, and I expect his media team will have a field day cutting up those ads. Joe scored some too -- just not as many or anything as meaningful. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Feeding the stupid keeps them alive longer than necessary.

People like him will never understand why we have Trump as President and he may get to spew his idiotic drivel about Trump for another 4 years.

Totally delusional.

19 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

I don't think any Trump had anything to do with the New Black Panthers and their special kind of poll watching in Philadelphia. 

See the source image

fake news. 

7 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

And yet he is winning BIGLY! 😀

13 minutes ago, njbuff said:

People like him will never understand why we have Trump as President and he may get to spew his idiotic drivel about Trump for another 4 years.

Totally delusional.

Because he is a rabble rouser. The rabble mobilized in 2016 while the good people got complacent. It happens. Won't happen this time. 

Hopefully we get to do a little cleaning up after we win the election. The tree of liberty thing...

Was Trump's second greatest achievement, foreign policy, not to be discussed last night?  That a separate debate?

Would seem to me that's important.  

Just wondering as I was reflecting on Neo Con Joe threatening Brazil with how they should conduct their business.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

Why don't you actually quote what was said? You present this as a transcript but left part of it out? BTW, last night you posted the same crap over and over again. I have never reported anyone or called for a ban, but if you do that again I'm going to report you and I've got the feeling that many others will too. 

Go post another manipulated image bro

Just now, Big Blitz said:

Was Trump's second greatest achievement, foreign policy, not to be discussed last night?  That a separate debate?

Just wondering as I was reflecting on Neo Con Joe threatening Brazil with how they should conduct their business.  

Correct, it wasn't a topic. It should be for the second debate. 

CNN did a bogus insta-poll last night that showed Biden winning strongly (note the use of the power word there!)

Telemundo did one that showed Trump winning

CSPAN did this one.

They are all ... garbage. Not worth even looking at.

The Vox one just now is solid. It's the only "real" poll we have. And that one shows Biden 52, Trump 39.

3 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Chris Wallace himself selected the topics.

https://www.debates.org/2020/09/22/moderator-announces-topics-for-first-presidential-debate-2/

Before anyone gets all riled up, remember: all the ground rules are set by negotiations between the two campaigns.

And here's today's laugh out loud line:

"The format for the first debate calls for six 15-minute time segments dedicated to topics announced in advance in order to encourage deep discussion of the leading issues facing the country."

Edited by The Frankish Reich