Presidential Debates 2020

B-Man

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Oh, I'll fully acknowledge it. That's always been his style for better and worse. It's one of the big reasons he won in '16 (because he tapped into a large segment of the population's desire to stick it to establishment DC). People who expect Trump to be anything other than Trump are never going to be satisfied. This is a feature not a bug for many. And for many, it's an instant turnoff. 

I understand how both camps got there. 

In ‘16 he had to do that because he was an outsider.

Last night he gave away the fact that he’s the incumbent President. He gave away talking up his achievements and dumping on Biden’s notion of how his administration will look.  Trump did some of that, but not nearly enough.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Whats a “scientific” post debate poll?

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

WTF are you talking about? The tweet you quoted SHOWED Chris Wallace in 2016 asking Trump to disavow "white supremacists," you know the same question Chris Wallace asked last night? Watch the video.

...but if they watch the video they’ll know the truth and they CANNOT have that. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Dragoon said:

Whats a “scientific” post debate poll?

A "scientific" poll is one that selects its subjects rather than being an "open-access" poll like those insta-polls you see during or immediately after the debate. In other words, you try to get a sample of respondents that is representative of registered voters or (as it gets closer to the election) likely voters.

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

A "scientific" poll is one that selects its subjects rather than being an "open-access" poll like those insta-polls you see during or immediately after the debate. In other words, you try to get a sample of respondents that is representative of registered voters or (as it gets closer to the election) likely voters.

Thank you. I did not know that. 

Now....and forgive me....it’s just data can be easily manipulated. They could be over sampling Democrats. 

that said, I didn’t watch the debate because I predicted it’d go down like it did and I found Downton Abbey reruns more enticing. 

47 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

I don't see you calling for Biden to denounce Antifa or BLM. Why is that?

“Antifa” is an idea, remember. 

1 minute ago, Dragoon said:

Thank you. I did not know that. 

Now....and forgive me....it’s just data can be easily manipulated. They could be over sampling Democrats. 

that said, I didn’t watch the debate because I predicted it’d go down like it did and I found Downton Abbey reruns more enticing. 

“Antifa” is an idea, remember. 

Yes, they certainly could. You can usually look at the underlying data, but "scientific" though they may be, the design is as much art as it is science.

46 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

I don't see you calling for Biden to denounce Antifa or BLM. Why is that?

But Antifa is just an”idea”.

An idea that a lot of people share and then they get together the express their “idea” by taking over parts of cities, burning property and nearly sacking a federal courthouse.  When is an “idea” a “movement” with acts performed by a “group”?

On 9/14/2020 at 11:10 AM, Buffalo_Gal said:

Does she identify as black?

When she needs the boost she does, otherwise she's open to whatever the Dem's need at the moment.

20 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Ask Hill'ry about the power of poll results. Yeah, I didn't think so....

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

WTF are you talking about? The tweet you quoted SHOWED Chris Wallace in 2016 asking Trump to disavow "white supremacists," you know the same question Chris Wallace asked last night? Watch the video.

Exactly what i said...

Wallace didn't talk over him.

Edt:  I also have to add "racist hoaxster" Chris Wallace.  Cmon

Edited by section122

1 hour ago, section122 said:

I keep seeing this in the thread but I don't seen any of you acknowledge Trumps complete lack of tact and many attempts to speak over Biden and interrupting at every chance. The moderator had no choice but to continuously jump in to stop Trump from interrupting.  Trump didn't hit his stride until he stopped doing that imo.

He started it!

This is where we are in America today :bag:

That's because partisans won't hold their horrible "leaders" accountable.  Stop sending the same cadre of morons back to Washington over and over again and maybe, just maybe the message will get through.

Congress has an approval rating consistently lower than 20% yet the same cast of assclowns are the "leaders" with re-election at something like 95%. It's never going to change until the top scummers get voted out.  Turd sandwich versus Giant Douche until death do us part.

• Like (+1) 6

1 minute ago, Alaska Darin said:

That's because partisans won't hold their horrible "leaders" accountable.  Stop sending the same cadre of morons back to Washington over and over again and maybe, just maybe the message will get through.

Congress has an approval rating consistently lower than 20% yet the same cast of assclowns are the "leaders."  It's never going to change.  Turd sandwich versus Giant Douche.

It could change if there was a determined effort to stop voting for incumbents and support challengers.  One may not be entirely comfortable with many of the challengers, but the greater good is voting the entrenched cabal OUT.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Keukasmallies said:

It could change if there was a determined effort to stop voting for incumbents and support challengers.  One may not be entirely comfortable with many of the challengers, but the greater good is voting the entrenched cabal OUT.

Part of that determined effort is voters better funding challengers.  Incumbents in house and senate races almost always enjoy big funding advantages.  The hard reality is it's really expensive to mount a winning campaign against incumbents.

2 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Part of that determined effort is voters better funding challengers.  Incumbents in house and senate races almost always enjoy big funding advantages.  The hard reality is it's really expensive to mount a winning campaign against incumbents.

Mostly because of who makes the rules.

21 minutes ago, Keukasmallies said:

I don’t understand how anyone can look at our government, which has steadily grown in size and scope since day one, power becoming more centralized and more absolute; realize that it has become this way through a democratic republican system; and think that it can be solved at the ballot box.

Government doesn’t shrink, and you can’t solve problems created by government with more government.

• Like (+1) 1

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/for-the-sake-of-the-country-cancel-the-remaining-debates/2020/09/30/e68ed090-0334-11eb-a2db-417cddf4816a_story.html

George Will, disgusted. Oh for the days when Republicans in debates tried to remind us of Reagan's shining city on a hill.

Most Donald Trump utterances resemble turbid creeks that are silty at their sources and trickle away into mud. He might finish his presidential term without ever speaking a complete sentence — subject, object, predicate. Oliver Wendell Holmes, who characterized Theodore Roosevelt’s Bull Moose movement as one of “strenuous vagueness,” survived Antietam but might have expired straining to decipher Tuesday’s cascade of falsehoods, rudeness and syntactical tangles.