Saints possibly open to trading Kamara

Greg S

49 minutes ago, 416BillsFan said:

Yeah, it looked like the team leaked it to the press to get negotiations completed quicker. Wouldn't work with every team but given all the RB success the Saints have had in their system, and Payton's seat being ice cold, it likely spurned AK's agent to being more conciliatory.

Didn't help the Saints that Mixon just signed an extension 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

Guys wants CMC money at like 16 million a year, he’s good but that’s a lot of dough 

I actually think Kamara is about the same and possibly even better than CMC. CMC has better production, and so deserves to get paid more. But if Kamara got the same touches and targets as CMC, his stats and his impact would probably be the same, if not better. Michael Thomas obviously takes an insane number of touches from Kamara. 

• Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

I actually think Kamara is about the same and possibly even better than CMC. CMC has better production, and so deserves to get paid more. But if Kamara got the same touches and targets as CMC, his stats and his impact would probably be the same, if not better. Michael Thomas obviously takes an insane number of touches from Kamara. 

I wouldn’t want to pay CMC that kinda money either. 

Yet they paid Tayson Hill $21 million!  

Kamara has become a bit overrated but he is one of the most versatile backs in the game and should be good for a while 

17 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I wouldn’t want to pay CMC that kinda money either. 

Disagree.  At absolute worst, he would be arguably the best slot receiver in the nfl.  All around backs still have good value.  

1 hour ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

if Kamara got the same touches and targets as CMC

But he doesn't...he's been on a pitch count since he entered the league. He's an excellent back, but I'm sure Sean Payton has a reason for limiting his touches.

Paying a top tier back $12-$16m really isn't ridiculous, especially when they are equally skilled as a pass catcher. These are explosive players who can put up 1500+ scrimmage yards a season. You're going to pay $18M-$23M for a receiver who can do the same.

I think you could make a case for paying for two top tier, complimentary backs (Ex. Alvin Kamara + Nick Chubb) on the right team. That be fun to watch.

Edited by TheElectricCompany

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Kamara has become a bit overrated but he is one of the most versatile backs in the game and should be good for a while 

Disagree.  At absolute worst, he would be arguably the best slot receiver in the nfl.  All around backs still have good value.  

Mccafrey wouldn’t see half those targets on another team. I don’t discredit his value to their offense and his talent level but his stats are inflated by a bad team who clearly wanted to run his stats up. They force fed him like crazy toward the end of the season to get him to 100 catches so he’d hit the milestone. And I wouldn’t give the contract cause the odds are high his body will be shot after the workload he’s had the past 2 seasons. 

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Mccafrey wouldn’t see half those targets on another team. I don’t discredit his value to their offense and his talent level but his stats are inflated by a bad team who clearly wanted to run his stats up. They force fed him like crazy toward the end of the season to get him to 100 catches so he’d hit the milestone. And I wouldn’t give the contract cause the odds are high his body will be shot after the workload he’s had the past 2 seasons. 

I'm confused by this alternate reality (I love hypothesis contrary to fact fallacies )  where "another team" wouldn't give McCaffery a ton of touches.

He had to play with Kyle Allen most of the year, and still put up one of the best seasons we've ever seen from a RB.

There are scenarios where player production requires an asterisk, but this is not one of them.

45 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

I'm confused by this alternate reality (I love hypothesis contrary to fact fallacies )  where "another team" wouldn't give McCaffery a ton of touches.

He had to play with Kyle Allen most of the year, and still put up one of the best seasons we've ever seen from a RB.

There are scenarios where player production requires an asterisk, but this is not one of them.

You nailed it, Kyle Allen.. And an offense that basically threw everything to the line of scrimmage or within 5 years for two straight seasons.  How many teams in the league play check down football for 4 quarters every week regardless of score even when they have some talent to work the mid range part of the field with Moore? If CMC is on Seattle does he have 1000 rushing and receiving? How about Houston? How about buffalo? (Calm down Sherlock if you see this) What team is giving him that many touches in a season? 
His statistics are a bit of an anomaly, his talent is not. 

Edited by Rc2catch

30 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

You nailed it, Kyle Allen.. And an offense that basically threw everything to the line of scrimmage or within 5 years for two straight seasons.  How many teams in the league play check down football for 4 quarters every week regardless of score even when they have some talent to work the mid range part of the field with Moore? If CMC is on Seattle does he have 1000 rushing and receiving? How about Houston? How about buffalo? (Calm down Sherlock if you see this) What team is giving him that many touches in a season? 
His statistics are a bit of an anomaly, his talent is not. 

He'd be an elite RB in any scheme. Pass/Run mix might change, but he'd still get a ton of touches.

The other elite backs are in the 300-360 touch range , but I don't think any other back offers his pass catching versatility.

He hit 400 this year and maintained high YPA & YPC numbers

https://www.lineups.com/nfl/player-stats/running-back-rb-touches

3 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

He'd be an elite RB in any scheme. Pass/Run mix might change, but he'd still get a ton of touches.

The other elite backs are in the 300-360 touch range , but I don't think any other back offers his pass catching versatility.

He hit 400 this year and maintained high YPA & YPC numbers

https://www.lineups.com/nfl/player-stats/running-back-rb-touches

I never questioned his elite status. I questioned his stats and his longevity given those amounts of touches per his contract. 
Let’s also not forget most running backs who eclipse 300 rush attempts  in a season decline almost immediately after. He hasn’t hit that mark, but given his receiving targets the odds are his body and production will never hold. 

I don’t agree at all.  I’m a fan of Stanford and that dude would be a monster anywhere.  He’s a beast and the perfect RB for today’s nfl.  Barkley is also perfect and I would give him a max deal too. 

7 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I don’t agree at all.  I’m a fan of Stanford and that dude would be a monster anywhere.  He’s a beast and the perfect RB for today’s nfl.  Barkley is also perfect and I would give him a max deal too. 

I will 100% agree to disagree on that sentiment. 

I never questioned his elite status. I questioned his stats and his longevity given those amounts of touches per his contract. 
Let’s also not forget most running backs who eclipse 300 rush attempts  in a season decline almost immediately after. He hasn’t hit that mark, but given his receiving targets the odds are his body and production will never hold. 

We're talking about a player who just turned 24. I think he's got plenty of years of elite production in his future.

His 2019 output of ~2400 scrimmage yards could very well could be his best season, but I think he has many 1700+ yard seasons on the horizon. I'd take that.