Training Camp 8/25

YoloinOhio

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I think Gabe is gonna be one hell of a pick for us.

That would be amazing.

I'm trying not to buy into the hype right now as we've been down that road before.  If he's legit, our WR corps is scary good

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think Gabe is gonna be one hell of a pick for us.

14 minutes ago, Logic said:

I realize that the three guys standing next to him are smurfs, but...Gabe Davis looks like a grown ass man. 

Roberts is pretty solid at 5'11" and 195 lbs.  Yes Davis looks like he already has man strength.  Believe he knows his way around the weights circuit by looking at him.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Logic said:

I realize that the three guys standing next to him are smurfs, but...Gabe Davis looks like a grown ass man. 

Can't say you're wrong about that.  After watching some of his college video, his game reminds me a little of Eric Moulds.  He's really good at using his size to screen off the defender and pick the ball with his hands.  So far it's looking like a real value for a fourth round pick.

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, SWATeam said:

That would be amazing.

I'm trying not to buy into the hype right now as we've been down that road before.  If he's legit, our WR corps is scary good

I'm not necessarily saying it will come this year. There is still some rawness to him. But in the longer term I think it is going to be an outstanding pick.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SWATeam said:

That would be amazing.

Same.. but it's hard not to.. He's getting rave reviews from everyone, including vets like John Brown.  

It's also worth noting that, yes, he was a 4th round pick.. but a 4th round pick in the most loaded WR draft in a while.  Any normal draft, this guy is a 3rd round pick and we're expecting him to be good.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SCBills said:

Same.. but it's hard not to.. He's getting rave reviews from everyone, including vets like John Brown.  

It's also worth noting that, yes, he was a 4th round pick.. but a 4th round pick in the most loaded WR draft in a while.  Any normal draft, this guy is a 3rd round pick and we're expecting him to be good.  

I had a high 3rd on him.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

This photo made me check, we only have two WR's that do not have numbers in the teens- Duke and Hodgins.

I remember how weird it was to me to see Keyshawn Johnson with #19. Now it's the norm

• Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 5