Buffalo Bills 2019 Yearbook

TSNBDSC

2 hours ago, Buftex said:

I have everyone of these on DVD, going back to 1960...I was really sad to think they weren't doing one this fugged up year!

Ever think of putting some of the really old ones up online? 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Buftex said:

I have everyone of these on DVD, going back to 1960...I was really sad to think they weren't doing one this fugged up year!

They didn't even have DVDs in 1960.  I don't even think they had cameras back then.  I think they used to have artists sketch what they were looking at.  LOL

• Haha (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Maybe Someday said:

Of course it's titled "trusting the process".

Got my DVR set. Thanks for the info. 

Just as the original Trust the Process plan begins to crumble.  I don’t think it’s an omen though.

19 hours ago, Just Jack said:

Ever think of putting some of the really old ones up online? 

Eh...I am too much of a luddite when it comes to stuff like that.  I love sharing though!  I have so much cool stuff, spanning the entire history of the team.  If anyone is interested, PM me. I am good at putting most things on DVD.  No charge...other than postage.

• Like (+1) 2

On 8/25/2020 at 6:42 PM, Buftex said:

Eh...I am too much of a luddite when it comes to stuff like that.  I love sharing though!  I have so much cool stuff, spanning the entire history of the team.  If anyone is interested, PM me. I am good at putting most things on DVD.  No charge...other than postage.

Back in the 60’s when I was in elementary school, they used to have assemblies (remember those?) where they’d show the film of the Buffalo Bills Highlights.  One of the rare Bills items I have is the Media guide from  1960, their first year. The phone number Inside starts with letters instead of numbers, and there’s no zip code for the address.  Not even a URL for their web site! 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoMAn said:

Back in the 60’s when I was in elementary school, they used to have assemblies (remember those?) where they’d show the film of the Buffalo Bills Highlights.  One of the rare Bills items I have is the Media guide from  1960, their first year. The phone number Inside starts with letters instead of numbers, and there’s no zip code for the address.  Not even a URL for their web site! 

Honestly, that is exactly how my obsession with the highlight reels started.  When I was in 3rd grade (maybe 4th), Jim Braxton came to our school, and after a little pep talk to the students, they showed the highlight reel from the previous season. It was after OJ had broke the record, it was either before the 1974 or 1975 season. They brought them around other years too, though that was the only time a Bills player came along with the presentation. I still get nostolgic for stuff like that.  We were lucky in that regards...we also had assemblies with Bob Kaufman, Ernie D, and Ted Darling in grammer school...Jerry Butler in Jr. High.  I was the dorky kid who always got excited by stuff like that.

Nice score on the media guide. I have some old ones, but I think the oldest is from 1968. What I always loved about that early 60's stuff (media guides, trading cards) is you would see the players personal details and it would say things like : Lives In: Cheektowaga, or Tonawanda. Instead of Buffalo. It kinda personalized things more.

Edited by Buftex

3 hours ago, Buftex said:

Honestly, that is exactly how my obsession with the highlight reels started.  When I was in 3rd grade (maybe 4th), Jim Braxton came to our school, and after a little pep talk to the students, they showed the highlight reel from the previous season. It was after OJ had broke the record, it was either before the 1974 or 1975 season. They brought them around other years too, though that was the only time a Bills player came along with the presentation. I still get nostolgic for stuff like that.  We were lucky in that regards...we also had assemblies with Bob Kaufman, Ernie D, and Ted Darling in grammer school...Jerry Butler in Jr. High.  I was the dorky kid who always got excited by stuff like that.

Nice score on the media guide. I have some old ones, but I think the oldest is from 1968. What I always loved about that early 60's stuff (media guides, trading cards) is you would see the players personal details and it would say things like : Lives In: Cheektowaga, or Tonawanda. Instead of Buffalo. It kinda personalized things more.

I was in Elementary school during the Super Bowl years.  They would always have these HUGE Pep Rallies in the school gymnasium during the week of the Super Bowl.  The hallways would be littered with posters and pinups of the players from the Buffalo News.  It really was a big deal back then.  I also get very nostalgic when I think back to those days.  It all seemed larger than life back then.  I have to admit watching football nowadays with these players 15 years younger than me does feel much different lol.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/25/2020 at 1:25 AM, heavydutyrudy said:

They didn't even have DVDs in 1960.  I don't even think they had cameras back then.  I think they used to have artists sketch what they were looking at.  LOL

You can't fool me I seen the Flintstones ;)

They chiseled them out of granite back then ;) 

10 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

I was in Elementary school during the Super Bowl years.  They would always have these HUGE Pep Rallies in the school gymnasium during the week of the Super Bowl.  The hallways would be littered with posters and pinups of the players from the Buffalo News.  It really was a big deal back then.  I also get very nostalgic when I think back to those days.  It all seemed larger than life back then.  I have to admit watching football nowadays with these players 15 years younger than me does feel much different lol.  

Yeah, that is always weird when you get to the point when you are the same age, or older than the players.  I remember being at a Sabres game once, early 80's. Tom Barrasso was havng one of his moody periods, rumors that he wanted out of Buffalo...he wasn't playing great.  Sitting up in the oranges at the Aud...some in the crowd (not me) start chanting "Asso...Asso...Asso".  It was mildly amusing for a second, til I look at the program and see that Tom is only about 1 week younger than me.  Not sure why, but it changed my perception of sports some.

• Like (+1) 2

On 8/30/2020 at 11:34 AM, SoMAn said:

Back in the day those first 2 letters represented the name of the local office where your phone line came from. I still remember mine TU(cker) 7-####.
I'll go take a nap now so I'l be refreshed to watch the Bills at 5 PST? ?

• Like (+1) 1