Lack of legit backup QB may be Bills' 2020 Achilles heel

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

You severely underrate how important the QB position is to a team.... Bills offense would be hard pressed to score 2 TDs with Barkley as their QB. 

Obviously a QB is important to a team.  But if you have a strong team you can still win without have a great or even good one.  I listed the teams I did because they're not that good teams despite their QBs.

Edited by Doc

4 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Yes yes. I forgot. All back up QBs are equal.

They are all bad which is why they are the backup

To think this thread would get to 9 pages is funny but people will complain about anything they can. Didn't we draft a QB, that is how it should be keep drafting QB's.

Edited by TBBills

21 minutes ago, Doc said:

They can beat them all.  Teams like the Chefs, Seahawks, probably the Cheaters and Titans?  I'd say unlikely.

I think the Rams will be better than the Seahawks and the Broncos will be better than the Titans (although less confident on the latter since Ja'Wuan James opted out). 

I think I would compare our back up situation to that of the Steelers last year. Rudolph and Duck were pretty bad. Otherwise the Steelers were pretty stacked as a team overall. If Josh misses a game or two we might survive a two game losing streak to still make the playoffs. But if he goes down for 4-5 games. We might be looking at 1-3  or 1-4.  

Barkley's big game against the Jets seems like ages ago as he hasn't looked that great in the games he has appeared in since, albeit in less than ideal circumstances against the Patriots stout defense and Jets last year without most all of our starting offense. 

2 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I think I would compare our back up situation to that of the Steelers last year. Rudolph and Duck were pretty bad. Otherwise the Steelers were pretty stacked as a team overall. If Josh misses a game or two we might survive a two game losing streak to still make the playoffs. But if he goes down for 4-5 games. We might be looking at 1-3  or 1-4.  

Barkley's big game against the Jets seems like ages ago as he hasn't looked that great in the games he has appeared in since, albeit in less than ideal circumstances against the Patriots stout defense and Jets last year without most all of our starting offense. 

Rudolph was a mixed bag. He had a couple of decent games and a couple of awful games. They should never have benched him for Duck who outside of a game against Cleveland utterly sucked.

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

No.

They'll be lucky to win 1 if he starts a game.... unless like I said it's against the Jets or Chargers.... Crossing my fingers he doesn't have to but if he does we can put together a friendly wager. 

Not wagering on Josh to get hurt/Barkley to play.  Bad mojo.

32 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Have we reached the part of this month's 'OMG, Backup QB!!!' thread where people keep bringing up the Eagles from 3 years ago while ignoring that 99% of the time teams go no where if their starter gets hurt?

Well, there was Teddy B last year with a stacked Saints team.