Ok All You Flat Earth Idiots: Refute This, I Dare Ya!

K-9

23 minutes ago, {::'KayCeeS::} said:

Why is it THAT stupid?

This is my question.

If the earth us so dang flat then why did I have such a hard time leveling my bathtub in my bathroom remodel last year, answer me that Mr. Smart guy. 

And the flat earth theory was disproved back in 1687 when Christopher Columbus, everybody's favorite folk hero, sailed around the world in 80 days back in the olden times. 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, {::'KayCeeS::} said:

If your irrefutable proof is "Carl Sagan told me on a TV Show", then I will need further convincing.  I'm open to all rational arguments.

If you watched the video then you’d know the irrefutable proof had nothing to do with what Sagan told me, but everything to do with the experiment he demonstrated. An experiment that elementary school children have been doing for generations. If that escapes you, then perhaps trying to actually refute the experiment is not in your wheel house. 

35 minutes ago, Nervous Guy said:

what about plandemic?

Well, I wouldn't call it a "plan"Denice, per say. But the sharks of the world are definitely taking full advantage of this situation. I don't think that is very disputable. 

But that's a discussion for another thread 

1 hour ago, The so said:

Flat earthers are a myth, there's no way anybody is THAT stupid 

Oh no, they’re out there. I don’t know if stupid is the right word though. I think it’s more willful ignorance. Which is far worse, imo.

7 minutes ago, K-9 said:

If you watched the video then you’d know the irrefutable proof had nothing to do with what Sagan told me, but everything to do with the experiment he demonstrated. An experiment that elementary school children have been doing for generations. If that escapes you, then perhaps trying to actually refute the experiment is not in your wheel house. 

So you're saying the irrefutable experiment is in that video you linked?  He demonstrated this, in the video. 

11 minutes ago, The so said:

Well, I wouldn't call it a "plan"Denice, per say. But the sharks of the world are definitely taking full advantage of this situation. I don't think that is very disputable. 

But that's a discussion for another thread 

Bro, or sister, or br'ster or sist'ro, you're treading on thin ice.  Be careful what you say next.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, {::'KayCeeS::} said:

So you're saying the irrefutable experiment is in that video you linked?  He demonstrated this, in the video. 

Bro, or sister, or br'ster or sist'ro, you're treading on thin ice.  Be careful what you say next.

Just try not to fall off the edge of the earth, ok broheim?

2 minutes ago, The so said:

Just try not to fall off the edge of the earth, ok broheim?

You know what?  I'm way ahead of you.  I hired a real cartographer awhile ago.  Sometimes it's hard to stay on the map but I know it's a real one so I always find my way back.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, K-9 said:

This feels like when you have to explain a joke. It’s never going to be quite right.....

:)

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, {::'KayCeeS::} said:

Yes, that’s what I’m saying.

47 minutes ago, Augie said:

This feels like when you have to explain a joke. It’s never going to be quite right.....

:)

You got that right and I thank you for pointing that out. I’ll wait to see an actual refutation of the experiment before I further engage with any flat earther. It just gets so tiring repeating the same joke. 

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

Yes, that’s what I’m saying.

You got that right and I thank you for pointing that out. I’ll wait to see an actual refutation of the experiment before I further engage with any flat earther. It just gets so tiring repeating the same joke. 

I'm not a flat earther, but you can engage me:wub:

Edited by Sherlock Holmes
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Maybe you should’ve started off with the moon landings OP? :w00t:

Now the MOON is flat! I saw all the photos. No question about that one. I think that’s why we stopped going back, fear of landing too close to the edge. Them NASA guys don’t wanna take no chances! Dark side of the moon be NO JOKE! 

• Haha (+1) 4

3 hours ago, Augie said:

Now the MOON is flat! I saw all the photos. No question about that one. I think that’s why we stopped going back, fear of landing too close to the edge. Them NASA guys don’t wanna take no chances! Dark side of the moon be NO JOKE! 

Like a wheel of cheese, right? Something like Swiss cheese, perhaps.

• Haha (+1) 1

I was going to say the sad thing is that a lot of these are actual arguments Flat Earthers use then I saw in the comments that the creator pinned their comment talking about how crazy it was that so many people thought the video was real.

But this is why it's pretty much pointless to debate a Flat Earther.

This was in a Flat Earth documentary on Netflix "Behind the Curve" obviously they couldn't except that and even say on camera they can't let it end that way so they conduct another experiment...that also fails.

But this response was ***** gold

But the saddest part of this whole thing is some poor schmuck got tricked into burning $20,000 on that gyroscope.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I was going to say the sad thing is that a lot of these are actual arguments Flat Earthers use then I saw in the comments that the creator pinned their comment talking about how crazy it was that so many people thought the video was real.

But this is why it's pretty much pointless to debate a Flat Earther.

This was in a Flat Earth documentary on Netflix "Behind the Curve" obviously they couldn't except that and even say on camera they can't let it end that way so they conduct another experiment...that also fails.

But this response was ***** gold

But the saddest part of this whole thing is some poor schmuck got tricked into burning $20,000 on that gyroscope.

The last video with “McFlatty” was pure gold! My favorite part was when he said he still needs to see ‘The Truman Snow’ but he can’t find it at a Redbox anywhere. :lol:

Agree that the poor schmuck who paid 20k for that gyroscope got hosed, but what about the guy that Eratosthenes got to walk 800 kilometers for his experiment? 

The flat earth thing was created to discredit other conspiracy theories. 

Say you have a good one such as "The refs are always helping the Pats/protecting Brady, why is that?"  Every front running, knuckle dragging Masshole can then come back with "What are you a flat earther?  Of course the refs can't preferentially protect players.  It's just the Patriot way, bud.  You're just not used to it, being from dumb Buffalo and all."

• Haha (+1) 2

On August 8, 2020 at 5:47 PM, K-9 said:

Hadn’t seen this since I was a kid watching this episode of Cosmos with Carl Sagan. Every flat earther needs to see this. 

Although I agree with this particular conclusion by Sagan, I don't think it would be hard to argue with....although only temporarily.  The way to do this would be twofold:

1.  Question the accuracy of the observations.  There was no instantaneous communication when that guy made his calculations.  How could the observations be properly validated?

2.  Shoot the messenger.  Sagan clearly had issues with judgement as evidenced by his atrocious fashion statement.  Although sophomoric, this is indisputable.  On a more serious note, Sagan through numerous implications clearly believed in the existence of intelligent alien life, an assertion since refuted by math.  His credibility could be easily questioned.

In 2020 point 1 above can easily be disproven.  Although point 2 still holds water, it is rendered moot and flat Earthers are proven wrong.

7 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Sagan through numerous implications clearly believed in the existence of intelligent alien life, an assertion since refuted by math.  His credibility could be easily questioned.

Really?

https://exoplanets.nasa.gov/news/1350/are-we-alone-in-the-universe-revisiting-the-drake-equation/