Sign in to follow this  
DefenseWins

Some Interesting Josh Allen stats

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

People don't like Daboll because he does weird ***** at bad times and can't put a whole game together successfully. Which is a large reason we lost a chance last year at advancing to divisional round in AFC. THAT'S why people don't like Daboll. It has nothing to do with 'removing any chance of Josh failing'. To insinuate that there are people who dislike Daboll because they're more concerned with being right on Allen than the success of the team...that sounds like projecting if you ask me. 

There are people who don't like Daboll cos they want to baby Allen. I don't think it is that they cwre more about being right on him.... it is just that is legitimately how they believe you develop a Quarterback. Philosophically I disagree with that. And it isn't projection. There have been people on this forum making that argument. I am not saying everyone who dislikes Daboll dislikes him for that reason and you are being disingenuous insinuating that is what I am saying. 

One of the reasons I am higher than most on Daboll is because he has exposed to Josh to pretty much everything in two years. They have asked him to make plays, they have put games in his hands at times when the 'safe' play was the run it. That is what I want them to do. Especially last year. I said at the start of the season I thought we were a 10 win team but that Allen's development was more important than making the playoffs. Trying to turn him into a QB who rarely gets asked to make the play isn't developing him and when they got too conservative mid season I said that again. 

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I can't remember the poster's name but there is a guy all season who has been advocating we develop Josh like the Ravens developed Joe Flacco with a run heavy offense and limiting him to 20 throws a game. 

Yeah, no thanks. It's not 1973 when rookie QB Joe Ferguson set a Bills record for fewest pass attempts in a season (164). Turn the kid loose and see what he can do. If McDermott and Beane are as intelligent as most believe, then they should have figured out by now that sustained winning in today's NFL is predicated on a very good, if not explosive, offense not a great defense. Relying on your defense to carry you year in and year out is not a sustainable model for success as defensive volatility is too great from season to season. The Bills will be faced with some tough financial decisions regarding their D very soon which could set it back from the elite status it currently has. An average offense will not overcome an average defense. Defensive guru or not, McDermott will last longer as a Head Coach in the league if he establishes a great offense and an average defense than he will the other way around.