The War on Whiteness

22 minutes ago, LeviF said:

The UK government is the worst.  Led by head scum bag PM Rishi Sunak.  The only people more vile are the idiot police and security forces that do their bidding. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

The UK government is the worst.  Led by head scum bag PM Rishi Sunak.  The only people more vile are the idiot police and security forces that do their bidding. 

It's amazing how England gets a pass on their colonialism past and their introduction of slavery to America.  Truly stunning.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, LeviF said:

Why the silhouette of a black male? I see nothing in the story that mentions the race of the perp.

I'm not saying that it would be racist to include a mugshot of a black man if he is the alleged perp. I have no problem with that. But this ... isn't that.

7 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Why the silhouette of a black male? I see nothing in the story that mentions the race of the perp.

I'm not saying that it would be racist to include a mugshot of a black man if he is the alleged perp. I have no problem with that. But this ... isn't that.

Well…

According to juvenile court documents, Friday night on March 8th a group of four suspects including 17-year-old Markavon Jones drove around looking to steal a Hyundai or a Kia from “where old folks lived.”

https://www.actionnews5.com/2024/03/21/memphis-senior-living-facility-strengethens-security-after-resident-death/?outputType=amp

8 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

OK, I get it ... but it's still offensive when it isn't even based on a description of the suspect.

What's offensive about it?  

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

OK, I get it ... but it's still offensive when it isn't even based on a description of the suspect.

I have to echo, Doc here.  What's offensive?  Are you offended?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, phypon said:

I have to echo, Doc here.  What's offensive?  Are you offended?

I mean, if it comes out that it wasn't a black perp, sure, it's offensive.  But I'm figuring they know.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

I mean, if it comes out that it wasn't a black perp, sure, it's offensive.  But I'm figuring they know.

Doc, haven't you told us you are and Indian (South Asisan) American?

Do you think it would be ok if the name of the alleged perp sounded Indian and this tweeter stuck a generic silhouette of a guy with a beard and a turban next to a pic of the victim?

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Do you think it would be ok if the name of the alleged perp sounded Indian and this tweeter stuck a generic silhouette of a guy with a beard and a turban next to a pic of the victim?

So you are more worried about an incorrect description of a murderer than you are about the crime of murder that was committed?

And then you double down and you make an assumption that Doc has a beard and wears a turban.  Do you see the irony here??

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, phypon said:

And then you double down and you make an assumption that Doc has a beard and wears a turban

Good Lord. 

It's an analogy. If using a stereotypical profile of "an Indian man" would be racist, then using a stereotypical profile of a "black man" is too.

(And yes, I know that the turban/beard relates to Sikhs, a small minority of the overall Indian population. That's kind of my point)

8 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

We Indian Americans don't commit crimes.  If anything, there might be a description of a 7/11 owner...

I think that they know the person who committed the crime.  That's why they used that particular silhouette.  If it comes out that he was something else, then I'll be offended as well.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Good Lord. 

It's an analogy. If using a stereotypical profile of "an Indian man" would be racist, then using a stereotypical profile of a "black man" is too.

(And yes, I know that the turban/beard relates to Sikhs, a small minority of the overall Indian population. That's kind of my point)

You just stereotypically profiled "an Indian man" as a counter to stereotypically profiling a black man and how stereotyping is bad.   You still don't see the irony?  Not trying to be a d-bag, just pointing it out. 

2 minutes ago, phypon said:

You just stereotypically profiled "an Indian man" as a counter to stereotypically profiling a black man and how stereotyping is bad.   You still don't see the irony?  Not trying to be a d-bag, just pointing it out. 

I suggested that a mindless racist might create such a profile of "an Indian man."

3 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I'd agree that it's disproportionately low. But I've been acquainted with a number of Indian American criminals over the course of my career ...

"A number"?  And violent crime?

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

"A number"?  And violent crime?

He's a lolyer. He's going to have been acquainted with a number of criminals.

Asians (the UCR class Indians would be in) have disproportionately low violent crime numbers but the numbers aren't 0.

2022 has (so far, not sure what % of districts have reported) 200 reported homicides with an "Asian" offender of 19,776 known homicide offenders that year.

I'm not even going to bust out the census data but Asians, I assume, are more than 1.01-ish% of the population.

Edited by LeviF

7 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I suggested that a mindless racist might create such a profile of "an Indian man."

You didn't "suggest" anything.  You actually created that profile in your response.  And, the point is that you are more worried about mis-labeling the color of a murderer's skin color and are offended by that rather than being offended that an innocent, service-woman was murdered.  Your comments immediately went to "are we sure of the color of his skin?  That's not fair and he is now the victim".  How about, "that's horrible and I hope that the murderer gets what he deserves regardless of the color of his skin".  Personally, I don't care what names or labels anyone wants to put on a murderer of innocent people.  

Checking NIBRS data it appears that several large cities, which will have the larger Asian populations, have not reported race data for crimes in 2022. Including LAPD.

Still, 1% of homicides for around 7% of the population is pretty good and that gap won't close even if large agencies that have suddenly become non-compliant with race reporting in NIBRS (curious, no?) decide to report.

Just now, phypon said:

You didn't "suggest" anything.  You actually created that profile in your response.  And, the point is that you are more worried about mis-labeling the color of a murderer's skin color and are offended by that rather than being offended that an innocent, service-woman was murdered.  Your comments immediately went to "are we sure of the color of his skin?  That's not fair and he is now the victim".  How about, "that's horrible and I hope that the murderer gets what he deserves regardless of the color of his skin".  Personally, I don't care what names or labels anyone wants to put on a murderer of innocent people.  

OK, I checked out the Twitter profile that started this.

It is racist.

It's whole point is to juxtapose photos of crime victims next to mugshots of their alleged black perps. I can't see any nonracist reason for doing this. I imagine the account holder thinks it's some kind of counterbalance to MSM websites hiding the identity of alleged perps. I don't agree with that, but this is no way to "balance" it.

It is a racist account by design.

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

OK, I checked out the Twitter profile that started this.

It is racist.

It's whole point is to juxtapose photos of crime victims next to mugshots of their alleged black perps. I can't see any nonracist reason for doing this. I imagine the account holder thinks it's some kind of counterbalance to MSM websites hiding the identity of alleged perps. I don't agree with that, but this is no way to "balance" it.

It is a racist account by design.

Under what definition of "racism" are we operating here?

I'm really hoping for a woke more correct moment but we're not quite there yet. Keep going.

22 minutes ago, LeviF said:

He's a lolyer. He's going to have been acquainted with a number of criminals.

Asians (the UCR class Indians would be in) have disproportionately low violent crime numbers but the numbers aren't 0.

2022 has (so far, not sure what % of districts have reported) 200 reported homicides with an "Asian" offender of 19,776 known homicide offenders that year.

I'm not even going to bust out the census data but Asians, I assume, are more than 1.01-ish% of the population.

Thanks.

I will note that "Asian" is such a huge category that it is almost meaningless. It will encompass South Asians (India/Pakistan/Bangladesh), Southeast Asians (Vietnam/Laos/Cambodia/Thailand), East Asians (China), Japanese, Koreans, etc.

I will say I've personally never encountered something like an "Indian American criminal street gang," whereas I have encountered may such gangs composed of other Asians. Just my two cents.

3 minutes ago, LeviF said:

Under what definition of "racism" are we operating here?

I'm really hoping for a woke more correct moment but we're not quite there yet. Keep going.

It seems to exist for the sole purpose of pointing out the race of the alleged perpetrator in specific crimes.

Not for the purpose, say, of "correcting" MSM sites that hide the race of the alleged perps. No. Simply to focus on the idea that "lookee here, another black man committed a crime against a white person."

Again: racist.

27 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Thanks.

Would now be the time to make the requisite joke of you becoming acquainted with said criminals during your law school classes?

27 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I will note that "Asian" is such a huge category that it is almost meaningless. It will encompass South Asians (India/Pakistan/Bangladesh), Southeast Asians (Vietnam/Laos/Cambodia/Thailand), East Asians (China), Japanese, Koreans, etc.

I will say I've personally never encountered something like an "Indian American criminal street gang," whereas I have encountered may such gangs composed of other Asians. Just my two cents.

The largest, and most visible, Asian street gangs are Chinese and typically operate with the blessing, if not as a direct extension of, the ChiCom government. Though ABZ, which is mixed SEAsians, has been pushing into more northeast territory. From what I understand there are some small Korean and Hmong gangs on the west coast.

28 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

It seems to exist for the sole purpose of pointing out the race of the alleged perpetrator in specific crimes.

Not for the purpose, say, of "correcting" MSM sites that hide the race of the alleged perps. No. Simply to focus on the idea that "lookee here, another black man committed a crime against a white person."

Again: racist.

The statistics on this are pretty stark and tend to surprise people because interracial violence, in general, tends to be hidden from view (except in the case where a black guy is killed by or near a white police officer).

But yes, pointing out the disparities there, I've been told, is racist. Subtle woke more correct moment, I suppose.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LeviF said:

Would now be the time to make the requisite joke of you becoming acquainted with said criminals during your law school classes?

The largest, and most visible, Asian street gangs are Chinese and typically operate with the blessing, if not as a direct extension of, the ChiCom government. Though ABZ, which is mixed SEAsians, has been pushing into more northeast territory. From what I understand there are some small Korean and Hmong gangs on the west coast.

The statistics on this are pretty stark and tend to surprise people because interracial violence, in general, tends to be hidden from view (except in the case where a black guy is killed by or near a white police officer).

But yes, pointing out the disparities there, I've been told, is racist. Subtle woke more correct moment, I suppose.

You are not stupid. Don't pretend to misunderstand me.

- Data/Statistics are not racist. If there's a website/twitter devoted to the demographics of crime, then by all means post the data.

- Maintaining a website/twitter devoted to showing a victim of a crime next to the alleged perpetrator, but only when the victim is white and the perpetrator is black, is just a teensy bit racist.

Not a subtle distinction. Not "woke." Just common sense.

41 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

You are not stupid. Don't pretend to misunderstand me.

- Data/Statistics are not racist. If there's a website/twitter devoted to the demographics of crime, then by all means post the data.

- Maintaining a website/twitter devoted to showing a victim of a crime next to the alleged perpetrator, but only when the victim is white and the perpetrator is black, is just a teensy bit racist.

Not a subtle distinction. Not "woke." Just common sense.

So you went from not answering why you were offended at the accuracy of the description of a murderer rather than condemning the act of an innocent service woman being murdered to making a racist profiling of Indian persons having a beard and wearing a turban to deferring to a user's Twitter account. And yet, you're not a teensy bit racist...  Hmm....  Not a subtle distinction...

Do you really think that talking about some random person's twitter account is going to get you off the hook for being offended that a murderer may have been inaccurately ascribed a description as opposed to being upset that a murder of an innocent occurred?  Do you think it's going to get you off the hook for racial profiling?  Just seems a teensy bit racist on your part...

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, phypon said:

So you went from not answering why you were offended at the accuracy of the description of a murderer rather than condemning the act of an innocent service woman being murdered to making a racist profiling of Indian persons having a beard and wearing a turban to deferring to a user's Twitter account. And yet, you're not a teensy bit racist...  Hmm....  Not a subtle distinction...

Do you really think that talking about some random person's twitter account is going to get you off the hook for being offended that a murderer may have been inaccurately ascribed a description as opposed to being upset that a murder of an innocent occurred?  Do you think it's going to get you off the hook for racial profiling?  Just seems a teensy bit racist on your part...

So who's getting that racist Twitter feed and then reposting here? Not me.

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

So who's getting that racist Twitter feed and then reposting here? Not me.

That's what you are trying to hang your hat on and deferring from the question of being offended by a description as opposed to the murder.  

Although, since you are a poster with the word "Reich" in your username (which is associated with NAZI's) and are trying to school other's about racism, seems a teensy bit racist.  I'm offended by your username.  You should change it.  Again, the irony.  Good luck talking about racism there Mr. Reich...

9 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Millions of people living there, I imagine this, or something like it, will happen at times.

I love NYC!

Hopefully it doesn't turn into a trend and since you love the area, if you are in the area, you help prevent something like this from happening.  

Way to downplay crime though.  i guess if you came to my neck of the woods and I punched you in the face it would be okay because...it happens...

Edited by phypon

2 minutes ago, phypon said:

Hopefully it doesn't turn into a trend and since you love the area, if you are in the area, you help prevent something like this from happening.  

Way to downplay crime though.  i guess if you came to my neck of the woods and I punched you in the face it would be okay because...it happens...

Pretty stupid analogy of you. Really idiotic to say what you are trying to say. Whatever.

You suck. That's all