Covid 19 vs Trump

20 hours ago, Reality Check said:

I happen to like COVID 19. It is destroying globalism and exposing China better than any president ever could. Thank you China. We could not have destroyed globalism without you. I couldn't be happier.

It's difficult to imagine that someone would say "I couldn't be happier" about hundreds of thousands dying.

One could imagine Hitler or Stalin saying it. Now, we can add this waste of a human being to the list.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-effects/scientists-just-beginning-to-understand-the-many-health-problems-caused-by-covid-19-idUSKBN23X1BZ

• Thank you (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Kemp said:

It's difficult to imagine that someone would say "I couldn't be happier" about hundreds of thousands dying.

One could imagine Hitler or Stalin saying it. Now, we can add this waste of a human being to the list.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-effects/scientists-just-beginning-to-understand-the-many-health-problems-caused-by-covid-19-idUSKBN23X1BZ

Save me your moral outrage.

I am not responsible for the virus from Wuhan China.

I didn't bring it to America.

I didn't tell you to stay home for 2 months.

I didn't tell you to close your business.

I didn't tell your local doctors and hospitals to stop elective surgeries.

I didn't push Covid 19 patients into nursing homes and jack up the death rates.

I didn't close the schools down.

I didn't ship most of our jobs over seas and leave us vulnerable to such global interference with our supply chains.

...but of course I am the waste of a human being for saying ***** it, I will look on the bright side and focus on what life will be like when all of this ends. Your fake moral outrage is aimed at me but not on all of our so called leaders who set us up for this disaster over decades of fraud and mismanagement, and now use this disaster for political leverage. Sorry, but crying over the spilt milk has run its course. It is time to focus on the future while the rest want to live in the past.

Since this all originated in China, how do you want to deal with China moving forward?   Who else's job would you like to send to our most trusted "ally" and "trading partner"?   Are you still comfortable getting 85% of your pharmaceuticals from the country that started this mess?

Be a patriot and keep supporting the Communist Chinese. It is working so well for you so far.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

I didn't ship most of our jobs over seas and leave us vulnerable to such global interference with our supply chains.

...but of course I am the waste of a human being for saying ***** it, I will look on the bright side and focus on what life will be like when all of this ends. Your fake moral outrage is aimed at me but not on all of our so called leaders who set us up for this disaster over decades of fraud and mismanagement, and now use this disaster for political leverage. Sorry, but crying over the spilt milk has run its course. It is time to focus on the future while the rest want to live in the past.

Since this all originated in China, how do you want to deal with China moving forward?   Who else's job would you like to send to our most trusted "ally" and "trading partner"?   Are you still comfortable getting 85% of your pharmaceuticals from the country that started this mess?

Be a patriot and keep supporting the Communist Chinese. It is working so well for you so far.

?

9 hours ago, Buftex said:

Exactly. I know Cuomo had a lot of critics before this whole thing started...and god knows he made mistakes too.  However, he had a enough humility to admit them. As a result, his favorability   rating is as high as it has ever been.  I realize, most NYers on PPP will still bang on him, but my point is, Trump could have gained some sympathy, and maybe even some support, if he had chosen to deal with this like an adult. Every president has bad things foisted upon them...as much as many didn't like GW, they rallied around him after 9/11. Initially anyways, his instincts to just be a decent person won him some respect.  

apparently i missed where Cuomo apologized to all those families of elderly patients that died because of his policy of sending Covid-19 positives to the nursing home where their elderly parent resided and subsequently caught the virus and died... could you please give me a link where he admitted that was a mistake, (and potentially criminal) i would greatly appreciate it.

TYIA

Edited by Foxx
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Paulus said:

THE EU BANNED US because our leadership is worthless.

That’s the reason?  Geez if we EVER want to travel to Europe again we have to elect a real leader. Know one? 

Edited by Chef Jim

10 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

Nope. You're an idiot because you're politicizing a global viral pandemic. 

Thats not to say that you're alone. Almost everyone on both sides these days are politicizing the pandemic. But there's already a thread here that you could have joined in on, but you chose to make your own. Therefore I felt compelled to call it out for its idiocy.

The first job of the POTUS is to lead the country.  In the worst domestic crisis that the US has faced in the ninety years since the Great Depression, Donald Trump hasn't just failed to lead, he's REFUSED to lead.    He pretends it's not serious.  He's repeatedly undermined the CDC and state and local public health efforts with his words and his actions.

8 hours ago, Buftex said:

Exactly. I know Cuomo had a lot of critics before this whole thing started...and god knows he made mistakes too.  However, he had a enough humility to admit them. As a result, his favorability   rating is as high as it has ever been.  I realize, most NYers on PPP will still bang on him, but my point is, Trump could have gained some sympathy, and maybe even some support, if he had chosen to deal with this like an adult. Every president has bad things foisted upon them...as much as many didn't like GW, they rallied around him after 9/11. Initially anyways, his instincts to just be a decent person won him some respect.  

Exactly.   The problem with Trump is that he's has no instincts to be a decent person.  He's totally focused on himself and what he wants.  He simply doesn't care how many Americans die or how badly the economy tanks as long as he gets his desire du jour: a second term.

6 hours ago, keepthefaith said:

So how would all this have been avoided?  How would we have avoided deaths and the unemployment?

How about starting by following the recommendations of the CDC instead of doing just the opposite and encouraging others to follow your lead???   :doh:

27 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

Keep trying to defend the indefensible, both your own words and Trump's words and actions.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

That’s the reason?  Geez if we EVER want to travel to Europe again we have to elect a real leader. Know one? 

Apparently Joe Biden shall lead us from behind...again. (Or maybe from deep below in his basement this time around.)

On 6/27/2020 at 8:07 AM, SoTier said:

April 27, 2020     56,502 deaths from Covid 19

- WH Coronavirus Task Force gives public briefing on corona virus

June 1, 2020   98,536 deaths from Covid 19

- "Had long planned to have the Republican National Convention in Charlotte, North Carolina, a place I love. Now, @NC_Governor Roy Cooper and his representatives refuse to guarantee that we can have use of the Spectrum Arena. ... Governor Cooper is still in Shelter-In-Place Mode, and not allowing us to occupy the arena as originally anticipated and promised. Would have showcased beautiful North Carolina to the World, and brought in hundreds of millions of dollars, and jobs, for the State."  -- Donald Trump

June 25, 2020 121,809 deaths from Covid 19

- "If we didn't do testing, we'd have no cases" -- Donald Trump

June 26, 2020 124,325 deaths from Covid-19

- WH Coronavirus Tast Force gives first public briefing on corona virus since April 27

- 11 states, including Texas and Florida, have paused or rolled back openings

- US set a record high in covid 19 cases in a single day -- more than 44,000

- "As we stand here today, all 50 states and territories are opening, and safely and responsibly" -- Mike Pence

- "We did slow the spread.  We flattened the curve" - Mike Pence

...so in the midst of an unparalleled "crisis management" situation health wise, dating back to 1917, who is YOUR choice to be leading the US response?.....so with YOU having been duly appointed as "in charge", what say you?.....obviously, EVERY step of this administration has been a GROSS misstep, so speak up.......

12 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Less than a weak answer. 

...and what would you expect from him?......company wise as a NYS essential business, we have followed EVERY NYS Executive Order as well as recommended safeguard procedures, spending $17,500+ to date for our employees' safety (180 field electricians and 30 admin); RESULT? ZERO Covid-19 cases through Friday......bragging?....for what?....sharing what compliance can potentially yield?.....you betcha.....there is a segment of society that is bravado, macho, anti-mask/distancing, as well as businesses who ignore the same in chase of the almighty dollar voided since March......and that is the administration's fault?......why the hell have state level governments then?....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

11 hours ago, Paulus said:

It amazes me how the line voting man is so quick to cling to anecdotal evidence, to defend his poor position. Trump is not responsible for the EU travel ban, the liberals are... COPE harder, brother. 

There was a time when the US President would lead the country AND the would at times like these... Then you have COPE... Truly pathetic, and may God help us all. 

giphy.gif

It's sad. And that is truth.

I come here for the cesspool. And, may it never change. 

THE EU BANNED US because our leadership is worthless.

Also, Epstein didn't kill himself, LIKE OUR LEADERSHIP CLAIMS!

You are truly ignorant and ill informed. Trump stopped travel from China on 1-31-20 and Europe on 3-13-20. In both cases liberals here in the USA spoke loudly against doing so. China and the WHO both deliberately lied to us and China specifically promoted the spread of the virus by letting its citizens travel around the world while prohibiting them from traveling within China. Normally 20,000 people travel from China to the U.S. per day. Can you understand the impact of that? How about China keeping the seriousness of the virus under wraps while they bought up all of the world's spare protective equipment?

Edited by 3rdnlng
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• New York's infection rate from covid19 testing has fallen below 1%. 
  • New York has recorded it's lowest number of covid 19 cases since the pandemic began.  
  • It has also recorded its lowest 3 day average deaths from covid 19.  
  • There's been no "spike" from the days of massive protests over police brutality.
  • Like (+1) 1

June 1, 2020   98,536 Americans had died from Covid 19.

July 1, 2020, 127,299 Americans have died of Covid 19.  

28,763 Americans died from Covid 19 in June, an average of 958.8 per day.

22 states have rolled back reopenings as cases surge in 37 states this week.

On Wednesday, June 30, in an interview with Fox Business, Trump claimed in his Fox Business interview Wednesday that he still thinks coronavirus will "disappear" someday.  Trump said,  "I do. I do. Yeah sure. At some point. And I think we're going to have a vaccine very soon too."   In talking about the economy he claimed, "We're headed back in a very strong fashion. ... And I think we're going to be very good with the coronavirus. I think that at some point that's going to sort of just disappear.  I hope."

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/28/2020 at 11:28 AM, 3rdnlng said:

You are truly ignorant and ill informed. Trump stopped travel from China on 1-31-20 and Europe on 3-13-20. In both cases liberals here in the USA spoke loudly against doing so. China and the WHO both deliberately lied to us and China specifically promoted the spread of the virus by letting its citizens travel around the world while prohibiting them from traveling within China. Normally 20,000 people travel from China to the U.S. per day. Can you understand the impact of that? How about China keeping the seriousness of the virus under wraps while they bought up all of the world's spare protective equipment?

Trump didn't stop travel from China, he just stopped some from coming in, thousands still did and the virus spread. Trump is flailing and failing and not really even trying. USA is looking bad because of him and his supporters 

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Trump didn't stop travel from China, he just stopped some from coming in, thousands still did and the virus spread. Trump is flailing and failing and not really even trying. USA is looking bad because of him and his supporters 

So if I understand....you DON’T like President Trump? OK, I’ll write that down somewhere so I remember it for your next post. I keep getting confused. 

• Haha (+1) 1