A Safe Space for Racists to Discuss Salmon and Other Recipes

1 minute ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Side note, does anyone use pour beer in the pan if they slow cook ribs?  I did it for the first time during the quarantine and it was awesome.  I usually cook the ribs at about 275 for 3 hours and keep them covered the whole time with foil.  I pour 1 can of beer in the pan and it really adds a nice flavor.

Ok, good advice, I'll look into it.  Thanks

Heard of instapot ribs with beer. Supposedly the bees knees but, I’ve never seen a bees knee let alone tasted one.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Unforgiven said:

If everyone just ignored them, and stopped copying and pasting their hatred they would go away.

They are literally online stalkers.

Paid shills. Gotta be. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, GG said:

Why bother smoking salmon?

I've not done it.  It needs to be cold smoked which requires a set up I don't have.  I'm more into curing now than smoking.  I have some nice moldy sopressata hanging in my curing box now.  Whoops.  Hanging.....RACIST!! 

Edited by Chef Jim
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

17 minutes ago, The Guy In Pants said:

Treger are consider the gold standard. Takes pimp money but, they’re sassy.Get yourself a little electric MasterBuilt and give it a go. Sams Club, $249.

Can give you tips and quick recipes to try on the fly.

I've heard people complain about traeger not doing a great job with the smoke flavor.  

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

I've heard people complain about traeger not doing a great job with the smoke flavor.  

I’ve tasted some from a treger; friend has one; he just happens to be of darker complexion so I’m not sure if I should be talking about him because of all of the racists in here; however, Jay has one. I wasn’t impressed. Personally, I thought it was a little bland and  dry. Of course; I did not bring this up to him because it was a gift from his wife and children and I’ll be damned if I’m going to piss in his Cheerios. He loves it and that’s all that matters.

I am one of those people with little patience. So, I use an electric smoker. Taboo to some. Pellet or charcoal is preferred by many. 

2 minutes ago, The Guy In Pants said:

I’ve tasted some from a treger; friend has one; he just happens to be of darker complexion so I’m not sure if I should be talking about him because of all of the racists in here; however, Jay has one. I wasn’t impressed. Personally, I thought it was a little bland and  dry. Of course; I did not bring this up to him because it was a gift from his wife and children and I’ll be damned if I’m going to piss in his Cheerios. He loves it and that’s all that matters.

I am one of those people with little patience. So, I use an electric smoker. Taboo to some. Pellet or charcoal is preferred by many. 

It was bland and dry?  Not sure I'd blame the smoker on that. 

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Is a smoker more of a slow cook as opposed to grilling things?  Like if you smoke wings do they take longer to smoke than to bake or grill?

Yeah, it's a slow cooker where you can use different kinds of wood chips for flavoring - hickory, apple wood, etc. 

1 minute ago, billsfan1959 said:

Yeah, it's a slow cooker where you can use different kinds of wood chips for flavoring - hickory, apple wood, etc. 

Is it on the level of "can't screw this up" like a crock-pot?  Whereas, grilling can be fairly easily screwed up if you have your temps and times off by even a little...

• Like (+1) 1